Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

kamari0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the Retroarch Launcher installed your not going to need the WiiU folder from the zip. Just extract the Retroarch folder to the root of your Sd Card, you can place your Roms anywhere on Sd card or USB hdd ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You insall this channel with wup installer not an elf file..
(Retroarch Channel, extract to the install folder on the root of your sd and install with WUP installer)
You want to download the RPX version of Retroarch too not the elf version ;)
(Extract the Retroarch folder to the root of your sd)
(extract this to the Media folder that's now in the Retroarch folder on root)

Once you've done that you can just load the Channel whenever you wan to use Retroarch ;)

I've followed these instructions and whenever I go to load the Channel it loads then it goes back to the Wii Menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Video of it: youtube / watch?v=yjSE5ocfAcE

EDIT: I had to remove hyperlinks because I am a new user

Last edited by kamari0,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've followed these instructions and whenever I go to load the Channel it loads then it goes back to the Wii Menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

it maybe a Haxchi issue. Do you have Haxchi installed?

kamari0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I actually solved the issue, I had both the elf and rpx versions in my RetroArch folder. When I removed the elf it solved the issue.

Reactions: ploggy

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.
How stable is 1.7.1 working for y’all?
I’m thinking I might upgrade soon but wanted to know from personal experiences first.

Reactions: Tri-Z

mostafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
hi
i run Shinobi3(mega drive) by retroarch
but is not fullscreen
how can i strech the screen game ?
i go to setting and set the options to 16:9 & NTSC-U & ......
but did not work
please help me to solve this problem
thanks

photo_2018-02-24_06-07-22.jpg

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
That's as fullscreen as you can get without stretching.
There is no way to create extra gfx to fill the sides so you can only get black bars or a squished ugly image.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hi
i run Shinobi3(mega drive) by retroarch
but is not fullscreen
how can i strech the screen game ?
i go to setting and set the options to 16:9 & NTSC-U & ......
but did not work
please help me to solve this problem
thanks

View attachment 115578
every genesis and snes an such were 4:3 games with sprites, you cant make true widescreen patches like you can on 3d games since they are sprites, nothing is on the sides, so its either stretched or correct 4:3

Giacopo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why this? *

I tried to reload assets, delete everything and installing it again. No changes.

Any help? Version 1.7.1 on 5.5.2.

Thanks.

* I've no idea how to post an image, the form keeps saying it's spam. URL is postimg.org/image/fc68nh8tn/

Why this? *

I tried to reload assets, delete everything and installing it again. No changes.

Thanks.

* I've no idea how to post an image, the form keeps saying it's spam. URL is postimg.org/image/fc68nh8tn/

UPDATE: Well, nevermind, nothing works. I scanned an Amiga adf directory and didn't find anything. Loaded the amiga core and program quit. Now every time I start it it keeps quitting.

Any good Amiga emulator for Wii U?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why this? *

Thanks.

UPDATE: Well, nevermind, nothing works. I scanned an Amiga adf directory and didn't find anything. Loaded the amiga core and program quit. Now every time I start it it keeps quitting.

Any good Amiga emulator for Wii U?
Yes the Retroarch Amiga emulator is rather good and works perfectly for pretty much every one other than yourself. And no there is no other WiiU amiga emulators.

Krustentier7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Downloaded the latest ELF version and it's working great. I've run into one big annoyance however: every time I select a core, I'm booted back into the Homebrew Launcher, and only when I start Retroarch again, I can actually play any games corresponding to that respective core. Is there a way to fix this?

cagerhager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ploggy Saw that you messaged this guy

I had inquired as well and started a thread on the Homebrew discussion. So far no progress and I've ran into a brick wall. I appreciate you reaching out as well. Maybe some progress can be made with it.

Reactions: marcioap1

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ploggy Saw that you messaged this guy

I had inquired as well and started a thread on the Homebrew discussion. So far no progress and I've ran into a brick wall. I appreciate you reaching out as well. Maybe some progress can be made with it.

Yeah I saw that you posted there too ;) I think the guy should post the method/tut here so others can do it too. Its probably not too difficult to do but it requires editing/compiling the source.

Reactions: cagerhager

cagerhager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I saw that you posted there too ;) I think the guy should post the method/tut here so others can do it too. Its probably not too difficult to do but it requires editing/compiling the source.
Correct. I'm wondering why he is so secretive about it. Oh well. Here's to hoping.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Correct. I'm wondering why he is so secretive about it. Oh well. Here's to hoping.
Yea, it does come across like he's trying to be secretive about it but I don't know why.. It's not like its hard to find out how he did it.. The Devs on the Retroarch Discord would probably tell you how if you asked them :P

kreplik

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello guys!

I have a problem with RA on my WiiU.

1. I got SD card fully formated with FAT32 (2GB)
2. Installed Homebrew Launcher v1.4
3. Installed Retroarch_rpx.7z at SD root (same as described in post #1)
4. Installed Assetsmaster at retroarch\media directory (same as described in post #1)
5. Used loadiine.ovh
6. Got HL running with all emulators
7. Finding "retroarch/retroarch.rpx" (not plain Retroarch as I see in YT tutorials) and when I click Load console freezes.
8. When I try to run PUAE (amiga emulator) and click Load, program Loads to 100% and console freezes.

My WiiU soft is up to date.

Guys, please help me. What I`m doing wrong? It`s Obvious that is my fault, but where I`m doing mistake?
Today, I spent few hours, trying to solve that problem, and after another format, and install problem was the same.

:(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-