Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
just add your game in libretro scummvm ,
look at the scummvm.ini generated in RA system directory and copy it in sd:/retroarch/cores/system/
and change the path to locate the place where reside your game in sdcard.
you should endup with something like this:

Code:
[scummvm]
lastselectedgame=kyra1-fr
gui_browser_show_hidden=false
browser_lastpath=sd:/roms/scummvm/tentacle
mute=false
versioninfo=1.9.0

[lure-fr]
platform=pc
gameid=lure
description=Lure of the Temptress (DOS/French)
language=fr
path=sd:/roms/scummvm/lure
guioptions=sndNoSpeech lang_French
My crappy PC doesn't load RA PC, I was using scummvm for windows :c

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Found it, thanks :lol:
Works great, launched it from playlist, is there anyway to it boot the game directly instead ScummVM menu then start the game?
You have to create an file like samandmax.scummvm inside the game folder (name of your choice but with scummvm extension) and inside just put the gameid.
ex for day of tentacle -> a dotentacle.scummvm inside tentacle folder with just the word "tentacle" inside.
the load the scummvm file.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You have to create an file like samandmax.scummvm inside the game folder (name of your choice but with scummvm extension) and inside just put the gameid.
ex for day of tentacle -> a dotentacle.scummvm inside tentacle folder with just the word "tentacle" inside.
the load the scummvm file.
Sweet, works, thanks again :)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry , I mean file generated by scummvm libretro , in system directory.
As you are messing around with the scummvm core right now I've got a very special "issue".
I'm using an external HDD for RetroArch which contains:
  • roms
  • playlists for each hostsystem (in subfolders like "Wii U", "Linux", "Android")
  • savegames/savestates
  • thumbnails
  • cheats
    and
  • system folder containing all the BIOS files
So I just have to install RetroArch anywhere, plug the HDD and point the directories to it to continue my savegames where I left.

The reason I'm writing this is, if the scummvm.ini has to be in system directory but has host system related paths (for example to use it on Wii U) I can only use ScummVM on one host system at a time.

Is there a setting or can there be added an option to manually put in a path to where that ini file is located?

For playlists I have for example:
HDD:\retroarch\playlists\Wii U\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System
HDD:\retroarch\playlists\Windows\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System
HDD:\retroarch\playlists\Android\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System
HDD:\retroarch\playlists\Linux\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System

Each playlist for each host system has adjusted paths to roms and cores while the system directory is universal for everything and having a file with host system related stuff in there sucks. :P

I hope you know what I'm trying to tell/ask you. :P

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes it can be tricky ,

but for scummvm I think you can just create a game.scummvm file in the game folder without have to touch/tweak the retroarch/cores/system/scummvm.ini.
at least it work on PC.

for other cores, that is another story ,
I bet the best option is to create multiple system directory for all the arch you use and set in retroarch.cfg system_directory = to point the location of desired one.
for wiiu system_directory = "sd:/retroarch/cores/system" ou usb:/
for linux system_directory = "~/somwhere/sysdir"

Reactions: lordelan

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@rioray regards the touch input on ScummVM it seems the touch doesn't match the cursor, but it still moves accordingly.
Yes need to refine this. I just scale it with the core screen size. (not taking care of 4/3 )and maybe I’m wrong with scaling

Also for the record ,I removed my scummvm.ini in system folder and just use gameID.scummvm in game folder to load game and it load fine ,
so no need to tweak with scummvm.ini
just create a game.scummvm containing the gameID inside. look at here http://scummvm.org/compatibility to get the gameID (game short name).

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Code:
static int16_t wiiu_pointer_device_state(wiiu_input_t* wiiu, unsigned id)
            return wiiu->joypad->get_buttons(0) & VPAD_BUTTON_TOUCH; //00080000
Code:
input/drivers/wiiu_input.c: In function 'wiiu_pointer_device_state':
input/drivers/wiiu_input.c:110:22: warning: overflow in implicit constant conversion [-Woverflow]
          return wiiu->joypad->get_buttons(0) & VPAD_BUTTON_TOUCH;
Well; uh, let me get that fixed D:

@rioray I also need to change the scaling to be between -0x7fff and 0x7fff; yeah?

EDIT: PR'd! Now we just wait on the wheels of open-source bureaucracy to turn.

Last edited by QuarkTheAwesome,

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me get music for Doom on Retroarch Wii U?

I d/led the original music files, put them in the same folders as the .wads, and renamed them to
mus_e1m1.mp3 etc

Music wont play though, just SFX.

I have UDoom.wad, doom2.wad, plutonia.wad in the same WAD folder, will that affect it at all?

edit: also doom.wad

I removed any tags from the Mp3 but no joy :{

Last edited by skarmachild,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can anyone help me get music for Doom on Retroarch Wii U?

I d/led the original music files, put them in the same folders as the .wads, and renamed them to
mus_e1m1.mp3 etc

Music wont play though, just SFX.

I have UDoom.wad, doom2.wad, plutonia.wad in the same WAD folder, will that affect it at all?

edit: also doom.wad

I removed any tags from the Mp3 but no joy :{
Mp3 should be e1m1.mp3, etc, without the mus_ part

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, Thanks @rioray and @QuarkTheAwesome for getting the touch support done. :)
Does this work in the GUI too? or is it just for the the Cores?
I could only get it in certain cores. Support for the pointer device is super limited at the moment; hopefully that'll change soon.

Reactions: lordelan and ploggy

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Code:
static int16_t wiiu_pointer_device_state(wiiu_input_t* wiiu, unsigned id)
            return wiiu->joypad->get_buttons(0) & VPAD_BUTTON_TOUCH; //00080000
Code:
input/drivers/wiiu_input.c: In function 'wiiu_pointer_device_state':
input/drivers/wiiu_input.c:110:22: warning: overflow in implicit constant conversion [-Woverflow]
          return wiiu->joypad->get_buttons(0) & VPAD_BUTTON_TOUCH;
Well; uh, let me get that fixed D:

@rioray I also need to change the scaling to be between -0x7fff and 0x7fff; yeah?

EDIT: PR'd! Now we just wait on the wheels of open-source bureaucracy to turn.

Great job , The press state report nicely now !
and the value is clamp from -0x7FFF to 0x7FFF which is great as it conform to the norm!

But (yes I have a but) it seem the new system based on the video_driver_get_viewport_info
have some counterpart .
it seem not all the physical screen respond to touch .
it make sense if the viewport is lower of the physical screen but it also seem to be clamp to the left top corner.
I 'm sure that your code is good scaleTP(vp.x, vp.x + vp.width, -0x7fff, 0x7fff, cal.x);

but in core side , unfortunately I can't guess (I presume)
the viewport x/y then I can only deal with core screenx/screeny and [-0x7FFF,0x7FFF].
and then [-0x7FFF,-0x7FFF] always mean the left corner for me :(
I don't know how handle this properly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can anyone help me to mod RA tex_shader.c to add an uniformVar ?

Oh I forgot about this Fucking Shader!

I finally manage to get
(GX2UniformVar){ "unf_blur_texture_direction", GX2_VAR_TYPE_VEC3, 1, blurLocation, 0xffffffff });
(GX2UniformVar){ "unf_color_intensity", GX2_VAR_TYPE_VEC4, 1, colorIntensityLocation, 0xffffffff });
from the pixel shader of the texture2Dshader https://github.com/Maschell/libgui/blob/master/source/video/shaders/Texture2DShader.cpp
to be working with RetroArch.

Then I can finally have the Overlay Alpha working :P

XKDUL3C.jpg

https://filebin.net/tkmawycqi8bm7c73/scummvm_libretro.rpx.zip
Code:
 scummvm core (overlay+touch support WIP and maybe buggy) with engines:
ENABLE_AGI ENABLE_AGOS  ENABLE_AGOS2  ENABLE_CINE  ENABLE_CRUISE  ENABLE_DRACI  ENABLE_DRASCULA  ENABLE_EOB  ENABLE_GOB  ENABLE_GROOVIE  ENABLE_GROOVIE2  ENABLE_HE  ENABLE_IHNM  ENABLE_KYRA  ENABLE_LOL  ENABLE_LURE  ENABLE_MADE  ENABLE_MORTEVIELLE  ENABLE_PARALLACTION  ENABLE_QUEEN  ENABLE_SAGA  ENABLE_SAGA2  ENABLE_SCI  ENABLE_SCI32  ENABLE_SCUMM  ENABLE_SCUMM_7_8  ENABLE_SHERLOCK  ENABLE_SKY  ENABLE_SWORD1  ENABLE_SWORD2  ENABLE_TEENAGENT  ENABLE_TINSEL  ENABLE_TOUCHE  ENABLE_TUCKER

Last edited by rioray,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Great job , The press state report nicely now !
and the value is clamp from -0x7FFF to 0x7FFF which is great as it conform to the norm!

But (yes I have a but) it seem the new system based on the video_driver_get_viewport_info
have some counterpart .
it seem not all the physical screen respond to touch .
it make sense if the viewport is lower of the physical screen but it also seem to be clamp to the left top corner.
I 'm sure that your code is good scaleTP(vp.x, vp.x + vp.width, -0x7fff, 0x7fff, cal.x);

but in core side , unfortunately I can't guess (I presume)
the viewport x/y then I can only deal with core screenx/screeny and [-0x7FFF,0x7FFF].
and then [-0x7FFF,-0x7FFF] always mean the left corner for me :(
I don't know how handle this properly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh I forgot about this Fucking Shader!

I finally manage to get
(GX2UniformVar){ "unf_blur_texture_direction", GX2_VAR_TYPE_VEC3, 1, blurLocation, 0xffffffff });
(GX2UniformVar){ "unf_color_intensity", GX2_VAR_TYPE_VEC4, 1, colorIntensityLocation, 0xffffffff });
from the pixel shader of the texture2Dshader https://github.com/Maschell/libgui/blob/master/source/video/shaders/Texture2DShader.cpp
to be working with RetroArch.

Then I can finally have the Overlay Alpha working :P

XKDUL3C.jpg

https://filebin.net/tkmawycqi8bm7c73/scummvm_libretro.rpx.zip
Code:
 scummvm core (overlay+touch support WIP and maybe buggy) with engines:
ENABLE_AGI ENABLE_AGOS  ENABLE_AGOS2  ENABLE_CINE  ENABLE_CRUISE  ENABLE_DRACI  ENABLE_DRASCULA  ENABLE_EOB  ENABLE_GOB  ENABLE_GROOVIE  ENABLE_GROOVIE2  ENABLE_HE  ENABLE_IHNM  ENABLE_KYRA  ENABLE_LOL  ENABLE_LURE  ENABLE_MADE  ENABLE_MORTEVIELLE  ENABLE_PARALLACTION  ENABLE_QUEEN  ENABLE_SAGA  ENABLE_SAGA2  ENABLE_SCI  ENABLE_SCI32  ENABLE_SCUMM  ENABLE_SCUMM_7_8  ENABLE_SHERLOCK  ENABLE_SKY  ENABLE_SWORD1  ENABLE_SWORD2  ENABLE_TEENAGENT  ENABLE_TINSEL  ENABLE_TOUCHE  ENABLE_TUCKER
The touchscreen feature works great with Indi Atlantis :), the cursor gets a little off once you get far from the screen center but you get used eventually, the ZL/L placement is pretty comfortable for mouse buttons too!

By the way I'm testing Lands of Lore: The Thrones of Chaos and an error message appears saying that the kira.dat file is missing or corrupted, I guess it's built in the engine?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies