Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That 6 to 8 month number was when we were adding dynarec support to Beetle from scratch, along with writing a full PowerPC dynarec to go along with it. I also hadn't looked at the r3000a's instruction set; which turned out to have far fewer instructions than I thought.

The current situation is that someone else is adding the support to Beetle, and @ploggy has found a PowerPC dynarec already written which should be easy enough to implement; with a similar process for the other platforms. There's a few WiiU specific problems that we're yet to come up with a solution for, but I'd expect to have PowerMacs running something a week or two after the other platforms are finished and merged. As for Wii U; we're looking at possible API changes so I wouldn't count on the paperwork getting done anytime soon.
I love you either way.
XD

Jk, but things are really getting interesting for the Wii U scene without a doubt!
I mean, this week the Wii U got Nintendont with Gamepad input, which is a dream come true for many of us, now the PPC dynarec for Beetle PSX as well, and also, I might be wrong, but @ploggy did you find a PPC dynarec for N64 as well? Or only for PSX?

Either way, I cannot be any happier with how things are going right now for the Wii U.
Makes me not even care about the Switch I have as sitting ducks right now until homebrew comes to it. xD

I am looking forward to the progress of the current Dynarec recompiler and for your work as well, Quark :)

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So If we decide to start a Compatability list for Mame 2008 on on Google Docs. Anyone wanna join in on it and test specific games on diff updates? Just a thought Id like to have it for future reference on what works and what doesn't so no need to keep things on an SD if they don't work.

Reactions: lordelan

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I want to setup xmb (avoiding the plain white theme), the folder structure should look like this right?

sd:/retroarch/media/xmb
sd:/retroarch/media/assets/ is how mine is. But i had to change the directory i think for it to work properly. but that was how i was shown and it works fine now. lol

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love you either way.
XD

Jk, but things are really getting interesting for the Wii U scene without a doubt!
I mean, this week the Wii U got Nintendont with Gamepad input, which is a dream come true for many of us, now the PPC dynarec for Beetle PSX as well, and also, I might be wrong, but @ploggy did you find a PPC dynarec for N64 as well? Or only for PSX?

Either way, I cannot be any happier with how things are going right now for the Wii U.
Makes me not even care about the Switch I have as sitting ducks right now until homebrew comes to it. xD

I am looking forward to the progress of the current Dynarec recompiler and for your work as well, Quark :)
Some exciting time ahead for the Wii/U scene for sure :)
I cant remember if it was for N64 or PSX either, I'll have to find the post I made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: