Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I agree the bounty itself isn't a big enough incentive, maybe there isn't much interest yet.
I really hope WiiSX team could take on the project. They already managed to make an excellent PowerPC dynarec for the Wii, so please port it to Wii U!

There's no real set goal to the bounty, but if you can suggest an amount that it needs to be reached then by all means, I can set an amount that it needs to hit before it's deemed done.

I'm more afraid there isn't even a potential dev who knows about the bounty.

You don't think I haven't tried to get it to show up on the main bounty list? I did, but it still hasn't shown up on the main list of bounties.
That is a lot of work, months of work. Unfortunately the bounty is still low.

Then tell me, what amount should the bounty reach before it's considered high enough? The amount you may have seen as the main amount is a placeholder, it was never actually a set number. 300, 400, or 500 dollars?

Its still nice to just have to turn on your system and bam! no fucking around, autopatch. but alas. this is a retroarch post, not haxchi

We only need 30 more bucks to meet the ransom demands of beetle psx dynarec. Its up to $120 now

Again, a placeholder, originally yes, when I started it, but I've spoken with Twinaphex and we both agreed that there's no specific minimum amount.

I'm open to ideas, I just need to hear from you guys what would be a good amount, that's all :P

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: depaul

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The bounty for the PSX PPC Dynarec is now the bounty with the highest amount of money put into it:
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:bounty

The second one is Cannot join netplay rooms on Linux [$100] for $100.
I am glad to see that the initial bounty is now but $5 dlls short of getting there, and I am also amazed at how well received the bounty has been with the community so far.

Don't forget to spread the word to anyone who is interested, and also I'd like to ask an admin (@FIX94 or maybe @Cyan) to add this link to the OP for easy access to everyone:
https://www.bountysource.com/issues...ec-core-for-wii-u-port-of-beetle-mednafen-psx

That's the main link for the PSX PPC Dynarec bounty.
Anyone who wants to add the link to their Signature, feel free to do so, so that others can see it when they stalk you :P

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bounty for the PSX PPC Dynarec is now the bounty with the highest amount of money put into it:
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:bounty

The second one is Cannot join netplay rooms on Linux [$100] for $100.
I am glad to see that the initial bounty is now but $5 dlls short of getting there, and I am also amazed at how well received the bounty has been with the community so far.

Don't forget to spread the word to anyone who is interested, and also I'd like to ask an admin (@FIX94 or maybe @Cyan) to add this link to the OP for easy access to everyone:
https://www.bountysource.com/issues...ec-core-for-wii-u-port-of-beetle-mednafen-psx

That's the main link for the PSX PPC Dynarec bounty.
Anyone who wants to add the link to their Signature, feel free to do so, so that others can see it when they stalk you :P

Sorry, I'm just trying to figure out what amount it needs to reach, as originally yes, I did set a specific amount, but that is no longer the case, and should be higher when it's fully reached. They're right, the current amount isn't likely to be sufficient given the sheer amount of work required, so maybe double or triple the amount, but so far, no one seems to be responding to that suggestion :wacko:

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For anyone wanting to use RetroArch with PadCon (Gamepad Display turned off): You can do so by loading the Retroarch core .rpx through Loadiine. Enable PadCon in Loadiine Settings and it works perfectly with RetroArch.
On the downside you can't use core switching and have to hard reset your WiiU because quitting RetroArch doesn't work like that...

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I'm just trying to figure out what amount it needs to reach, as originally yes, I did set a specific amount, but that is no longer the case, and should be higher when it's fully reached. They're right, the current amount isn't likely to be sufficient given the sheer amount of work required, so maybe double or triple the amount, but so far, no one seems to be responding to that suggestion :wacko:
I'm not sure what to set the bounty at, it seems more people should be interested in this, but its taking a long time just to get $150. I hope people will start taking more interest in this because this might be the first step in a lot of awesome developments in the wii u scene. The wii u is not dead, and has tons of potential, it just needs to be tapped. Maybe get a hold of the devs from wiisx and see what bounty they think would be reasonable.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what to set the bounty at, it seems more people should be interested in this, but its taking a long time just to get $150. I hope people will start taking more interest in this because this might be the first step in a lot of awesome developments in the wii u scene. The wii u is not dead, and has tons of potential, it just needs to be tapped. Maybe get a hold of the devs from wiisx and see what bounty they think would be reasonable.

There's no set minimum threshold, as that would limit a lot of things, I don't want to set X amount, but I do want it to get higher than I originally said a while back, 250-350 maybe, to get more support, I don't know. To make matters worse, a lot of people don't even know about it, short of posting it on our signatures as a URL (if that's even allowed). I tried posting it on something like Reddit, but it's against their TOS.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worth mentioning that in less than a month we've raised enough to pay someone for 16 hours of work at minimum wage. Honestly, I think that's pretty good!

But still isn't enough for who knows how much for working on a task of this size, I think we need to double the amount at least, IDK.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
But still isn't enough for who knows how much for working on a task of this size, I think we need to double the amount at least, IDK.
That may be achievable - there's no signs of slowing down. Did you see the $50 someone added? (Thanks, whoever you are, you're a legend!)

This is where my nerdiness comes out and I make something like this:
63f0de4f96.png

(If there were several donations on one day, they are merged into one data point)

Pretty impressive imho. Even the smaller donations have built up and made a significant contribution!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
That may be achievable - there's no signs of slowing down. Did you see the $50 someone added? (Thanks, whoever you are, you're a legend!)

This is where my nerdiness comes out and I make something like this:
63f0de4f96.png

(If there were several donations on one day, they are merged into one data point)

Pretty impressive imho. Even the smaller donations have built up and made a significant contribution!
That is pretty amazing! More to come soon(?)

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night