Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need older FBA ROMs, not the latest ones.

It's an old FBA 2012 version, not the most recent one. The most recent FBA is slower, I'm not sure if it would still be fullspeed on WiiU.
So then what format is the older ones, if you don't mind me asking.
Nevermind I figured it out XD

Last edited by liljon042,

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm so i got the emulators working but once im in a game there is no way to exit the game pressing home does nothing any help please

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
ALready explained before, FBA 2012 Full is too big to be loaded into memory with the Homebrew Launcher.

Maybe when there are better homebrew/hack solutions will you see full FBA cores running.
What about compiling stuff to .rpx?

Reactions: Azel

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
What would be the advantage of RPX vs ELF? I don't think it'd make much difference IMO.
Executables can be bigger afaik, if we assume that loadiine can load huge stuff.

Reactions: Azel

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Executables can be bigger afaik, if we assume that loadiine can load huge stuff.

But wouldn't it mean extra work when compiling the executable to RPX instead of ELF? I'm sure they have their reasons and I respect it; I just don't see any real advantage in the long run, but that's just me.

SonicvMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Megaman X doesn't seem to work in SNES9X 2010 during bosses it randomly ends and gives unusable password before bringing me back to the first stage which does the same thing when shooting some enemies

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Megaman X doesn't seem to work in SNES9X 2010 during bosses it randomly ends and gives unusable password before bringing me back to the first stage which does the same thing when shooting some enemies

AFAIK, that's the game's copy protection kicking into gear, causing random lockups and resets, you'll need to use version 1.1 or so of the ROM.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
If you really need a bigger executable that can be done. It could be increased to 70+ mb if needed. Did you guys actually hit the limit?
They did with FBA cores lol.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you really need a bigger executable that can be done. It could be increased to 70+ mb if needed. Did you guys actually hit the limit?

ALready explained before, FBA 2012 Full is too big to be loaded into memory with the Homebrew Launcher.

Maybe when there are better homebrew/hack solutions will you see full FBA cores running.

It would help alot not having to split cores :)

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
That's why a Downloader for Retroarch's cores should have both Stable and Nightly downloads.
Stable will always get you either 1.3.6 (Latest stable) or the latest nightly, which usually get updated every day.
If you have a stable download you can always go back to that one.
In the case of RetroArch, the nightly build would be better if they are named after the date they were made instead of the commit ID.

And who is gonna graduate the cores from nightly to stable? who is gonna build them manually, test them and add them to the downloader?
It's a legit question, not sarcasm. We already pour countless hours into this. I don't see people stepping in to curate cores for stable releases

Common issue with Megaman X, just get the 1.1 ROM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: