Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Sookie69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Can somebody confirm that Medievil Resurrection runs fine now on psp core?

I haven't played it for some time, updated Retroarch with online updater, and now Medievil doesn't start at all, there's only a black screen. But I can open RA overlay and change settings of the game, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Other games from my psp playlist still work as usual.

Godson112

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m also having issues with n64 games on retroarch tried both newest stable and the nightly build I can play for few minutes and then retroarch freezes tried with super Mario 64 and banjo koozie....anyone else Having these issues really want to play banjo koozie

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

I haven't played it for some time, updated Retroarch with online updater, and now Medievil doesn't start at all, there's only a black screen. But I can open RA overlay and change settings of the game, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Other games from my psp playlist still work as usual.
yep, seems like something broke it in recent updates...doesn't launch for me too...can confirm the nearest core ver it works on is from RA 1.8.1, you can get it from build bot

Reactions: Sookie69

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How about PPSSPP Standalone try it ?

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works, although the question was not about standalone. But weirdly enough Medievil Res in standalone has a strange camera bug where it spins around your char and its unfixable (yet at least). It does peform better in standalone overall tho.
what the latest build version PPSSPP Standalone now ??

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It worked on standalone, but as bad361 said, standalone has a game breaking camera bug, so I usually play with Retroarch.

Now with RA 1.8.1 psp core Medievil works fine, problem solved.
i mean... it's not game breaking, but it makes playing the game really challenging lol.

NRamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Ive tried literally everything I can think of but I cant get retroarch to work properly. I've deleted the config file, Ive done a complete fresh install of retroarch from scratch but I keep hitting the same problem.

When i start retroarch its all fine, I can move around the menus etc and everything is great. But as soon as I load a core, I lose the ability to control anything. Retroarch hasnt crashed as such ( I can still see the clock and battery percentage ticking over etc but the console wont register any inputs apart from the home button or the button to capture an image. Its the same with any core, or even if i directly start a game. What am I doing wrong?

Is your micro SD card Formated to FAT 32?
Did you downloaded and fresh installed retroarch from a reliable source?
If both answers are YES:
Launch retroarch from the main switch menu and NOT FROM THE ALBUM (It uses more ram)
Configure on the options (Threaded video to ON) in the Video settings in retroarch.
Some PS1 games like Metal gear solid and Final Fantasy VIII 'Requires BIOS files to be put in the Retroarch-System folder in order for these games to boot up and work properly as downloading retroarch does not include them, you have to download them yourself and paste them in the system folder.

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive tried literally everything I can think of but I cant get retroarch to work properly. I've deleted the config file, Ive done a complete fresh install of retroarch from scratch but I keep hitting the same problem.

When i start retroarch its all fine, I can move around the menus etc and everything is great. But as soon as I load a core, I lose the ability to control anything. Retroarch hasnt crashed as such ( I can still see the clock and battery percentage ticking over etc but the console wont register any inputs apart from the home button or the button to capture an image. Its the same with any core, or even if i directly start a game. What am I doing wrong?
Have you installed all the bios files needed for the cores your using . They should be placed into the core/system folder

mikifantastik98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OVERLAYS COLLECTION by mikifantastik98
( *FINAL* VERSION )

Arcade Cabinet - CLASSIC 'N' BLACK v3.0
( 720p & 1080p )

ARCADE CABINET - 1080p - CLASSIC 'N' BLACK v3.0.jpg

CRT TV COLLECTION v3.0 :
( 720p & 1080p )

CRT TV - MK98 - DARK v3.0

CRT TV - 1080p - MK98 v3.0.jpg

CRT TV - TOSHIBA - DARK v3.0

CRT TV - 1080p - TOSHIBA v3.0.jpg

CRT TV - WEGA - DARK v3.0

CRT TV - 1080p - WEGA v3.0.jpg

GAME BOY CLASSIC v3.0
( 720p , 1080p / Normal & Scanlines )

Nintendo - GameBoy CLASSIC v2.0.png

* Game Boy settings *
* core : Gambatte

- integer Scale : ON

- aspect ratio custom :
* 720p (3X)
* 1080p (4X)

- Quick menu / options :
* GB Colorization: Internal
* Internal Palette: GB - DMG

--------------

FIX ... IN THIS VERSION:
ALL OVERLAYS EDGE are fixed !

before

edge 1 - before.png

after

edge 2 - after FIX.png

GAME BOY CLASSIC
* cleaned up a lot of image imperfections
* the top of the game boy was recreated from scratch :

before

gb 1 - TOP - before.png

after

gb 2 - TOP - after FIX.png

CRT TV COLLECTION ( clean Master )
( COLOR ADJUSTED & GRADIENT COLOR FIXED )

before

color gradient 1 - before.png

after

color gradient 2 - after fix.png
--------------------

Attachments

• - ARCADE CABINET - by mikifantastik98.zip
    228.8 KB · Views: 148
  • CRT TV - MK98 - DARK v3.0.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 152
  • CRT TV - TOSHIBA - DARK v3.0.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
  • CRT TV - WEGA - DARK v3.0.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 162
  • - GAME BOY CLASSIC - by mikifantastik98.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 167
Last edited by mikifantastik98,

zacly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I’m also having issues with n64 games on retroarch tried both newest stable and the nightly build I can play for few minutes and then retroarch freezes tried with super Mario 64 and banjo koozie....anyone else Having these issues really want to play banjo koozie

delete the retroarch config file.

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A couple of questions:
- Which is better, the PPSSPP core or the stand-alone version?
- Suggested clocking settings? I suppose the "boost" mode is fine for everything (2D and PS1/PSP), except N64?
- Speaking of which, could overclocking damage the Switch or the battery?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
A couple of questions:
- Which is better, the PPSSPP core or the stand-alone version?
- Suggested clocking settings? I suppose the "boost" mode is fine for everything (2D and PS1/PSP), except N64?
- Speaking of which, could overclocking damage the Switch or the battery?
1. I'd say standalone is better. Games perform better on stock clocks and less problems with crashing/compatibility. But both standalone and RA PPSSPP are pretty much on par with each other.
2. You OC yourself and see what's better for each title/core (if it even needs OC). Many n64 games run fullspeed with stock/slight OC, e.g. mario 64 runs fullspeed underclocked, so its very title dependant (and settings like resolution scale and MSAA etc..)
3. The given OC options won't damage your switch (otherwise devs wouldn't allow them to be chosen... you can OC past given limits but you need to edit source code and compile yourself). Overclocking will only affect your battery life thus battery life span as well if you will use it all the time, it's an obvious effect.

Last edited by bad361,
Reactions: Feffe

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on RA 1.7.7. Will using the Online Updater within RA to update my installed cores, core info, and assets get me to the latest version? Or do I need to replace the nro or other files as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.