Country
United States
The dosbox dynarec core is now public:

https://twitter.com/m4xwdev/status/1109891893096300544?s=21

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use quickmenu->controls.

Choose Keyboard + mouse
Go back one menu and forward again
Set user binds to keyboard keys you want. I use keyboard up down etc cursor keys to dpad etc. save core remap file to save your mappings.

For mouse control (already enabled by default), quickmenu->options, enable game pad mouse emulation. If it is enabled, you control the mouse pointer using right stick and ZL/ZR as mouse buttons.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nice! Sim city 2000 also works great :)
I always preferred OG Sim City, could never get a handle on having to manage water pipes in Sim City 2000

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can't get Pokemon AshGray to run on both MGBA and VBA-Next cores on Retroarch. It loads the game but then just crashes to black. Any fix for this? It works on any emulator on PC but i'm running on the switch.

Last edited by DerekGeneric831,

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Cool what about Dune 2? Don't know if it was the same publisher or whatever.

Yes I tried it, runs great! Also tried Death Gate, Shannara (adventures) and Lollypop (platform game), they all run great!

Edit: Other games I tried yesterday: Anvil of Dawn and Stonekeep both ran great!

Last edited by rsn8887,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Poll about JIT support

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just vote to voice your opinion ;)
I prefer less work for me, but I don't just wanna drop support for these fw's cold, unless there is a general consensus

Respect!

Newer isn't always better, and I'm one of those people who always stays behind on FW (on any device) unless there's a very compelling reason to move forward. I know most people these days have 'Obsessive Update Disorder' and it doesn't matter if it's Firmware, Software, App Updates etc, they just have to update for no other reason than "it's the latest available".

But I definitely agree with lordelan in this situation seeing as how users are able to decide which FW they want to be on using ChoiDujourNX. Which is something that's not typically an option on the majority of other platforms out there these days.

Reactions: m4xw

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My quality standards are sky high ;)

That’s funny, every time I look at this thread and see the amazing work you’re doing, I think... am I high? I must have imagined that ;)

I must try Theme Hospital when I get the chance, I loved that game.

Last edited by Stwert,

Z-bake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dosbox really looks great, I'll give Civilization 1 a try this evening. With the correct button mapping it should be quite playable.
I remember I even played the SNES version on my PSP for hours on train rides. Damn, I really prefer the Civ 1 graphics over the newer ones. Everything is reduced to what you really need to know. Sadly, Civ 1 is too easy.

What about joystick mapping? Has anyone tried Tie Fighter (or X-Wing, etc.) so far?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.