Homebrew RetroArch Switch

solrac21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it was my cue files. I renamed some of the .bin files for a front-end I was using and didn't modify the .cue files. Some of my .cue files were calling the .bin file by name so it couldn't run them until I renamed the file inside the cue to match the bin.
Tested and loading so far:

Metal Gear solid
Vagrant story
Resident evil 2 - Leon
Driver

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Hmm. U sure that it wasnt more like "all cue files".. ;)

SSb0wYT.png

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
>Some of my .cue files were calling the .bin file by name so it couldn't run them until I renamed the file inside the cue to match the bin.

>U sure it wasnt all of them? *wink*

>Nope, only the ones I renamed.

Hell of a coincidence... ;)

Gary_Shmotty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I've tested following games:
- Resident Evil 1 (slow, but somewhat playable)
- Guilty Gear (unplayable cuz it's a fighting game and needs 60fps)
- GranTurismo 2 (slow, again, as a racing game it's not a way to play this game)
- Ace Combat 2 (REALY slow, resolution tends to change throughout menu, i've played it a little, but meh)
- Spyro The Dragon (Slow, but IMO you can play this, at least it was kinda okay and not that slow as games listed above)
- Gundam Battle Assault (Didn't lauch at all)

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worth noting I think, I was able to open FFVII with the beetle Nekukun97 built, albeit with inverted colors. Using the new beetle build it does not open at all.

Chrono Cross does open and works good though slow.

Last edited by machinoman,
D

Deleted User

make sure the cue files are correct also make sure bios is set , sometimes i got to try things multiple times (like tomb rider wont work for me)

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
now if i can figure out why gambatte keeps crashing i will report (its the only gb emulator which runs full speed)

Sorry, I have to disagree. Gearboy runs far from fullspeed, "Super Mario Land 2" for example runs only with 1/2 speed.

D

Deleted User

Sorry, I have to disagree. Gearboy runs far from fullspeed, "Super Mario Land 2" for example runs only with 1/2 speed.
man gambatte is the only emulator which runs full speed but it crashes after the intro

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I used https://gbatemp.net/attachments/beetlepsx-nro-zip.116708/

It crashed 3 times while Chrono Cross opened, it could have been bad luck though I've had some Snes games crash at the same place that usually work.

The issue is Libtransistor which is unstable , i had to start the emulator 3 times because it crashed with 2162-0002 , now i am playing Star Fighter 3000 after a single Crash

Reactions: DarkOrb

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man gambatte is the only emulator which runs full speed but it crashes after the intro

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The issue is Libtransistor which is unstable , i had to start the emulator 3 times because it crashed with 2162-0002 , now i am playing Star Fighter 3000 after a single Crash
lol, yup. it was bad luck after all. first try this morning and it started up for me.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Didnt the above statement say that Gambatte is the only GB emulator that runs full speed?
edit: Cleared up already. :)

Also, its early guys - dont make comprehensive compatibility lists yet. ;) We hopefully will get "our" PSX emulation on the switch, be it pcsx ReARMed, be it beetle, with HW acceleration (hopefully), or without. The soc should be able to deliver, and the devs seem motivated as well - lets hope the kinks on less hungry emulation cores get ironed out and retroarch becomes a stable platform, and we are up for a good start into general emulation on the switch.

PSX hopefully will be a staple of this - some day. :)

Last edited by notimp,

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just tried Snes9x. When I return to the Switch Home Menu and try to open the Homebrew-Loader again, it will freeze the Switch.

Reactions: Tomobobo

x0x0

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just tried Snes9x. When I return to the Switch Home Menu and try to open the Homebrew-Loader again, it will freeze the Switch.
These nro are just old, they need to rebuild with latest RA/LIBT gits to work properly.
I can do that later when i setup the new development environment.

Last edited by x0x0,

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always felt like retroarch is too big of a scope to ever be finished and working. We get all these little pieces of the pie, but the whole thing is just never gonna get baked through. I was running n64 and psx emus on my 333mhz Pentium back in '99. Zsnes just worked. I'm talking about windows 98 guys, with bluescreens and all. Every game, saves, controllers, everything. There were plenty of emus that just worked. 3D acceleration no big deal, we got 3dFX glide wrappers just straight up handling Zelda OOT and Mario 64 fullspeed while the console is being sold on the store shelf. The original xbox, 733mhz processor, rocking emulators, everything working.

Then, like 10 years ago I hear of this project, Retroarch. It's gonna be amazing, all emulators in one. 10 years later, I have never seen a build that works. Always something wrong, the snes emu is 3 fps. You can't just load a rom you gotta find out what core it's running on and set up all this shit to get something running at 3fps and then the controller is all fucked up cause it's set to work as a ps1 controller but you're playing n64, so you gotta go fuck with settings for an hour. Seems silly to put all this shit in a program that sucks ass, really the Retroarch system is just built upon all this open source software that isn't cohesive and it makes a big mess.

Why can't we just have singular purpose emulators developed for the platform we are running it on? Why is that crazy?

Don't get me wrong, I know without this libretro stuff we wouldn't be seeing any of the libretro emus on the switch currently but I just feel like it is gonna take another 10 years before retroarch is usable really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, i also have the homebrew psp Port of cave story