RetroArch Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by ShadowOne333, Dec 30, 2017.

1. robinpup

robinpup Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2014
    Mexico
    Acapulco, Guerrero
    !

Last edited by robinpup, Sep 19, 2019
  2. robinpup

robinpup Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2014
    Mexico
    Acapulco, Guerrero
    help i just updated to 9.0 and i updated retroarch to, now i cant use my joycons on the retroarch menu!

3. Z-bake

Z-bake Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I just updated to the latest nightly and after loading any core, the icons for the consoles/playlists in the menu on the left in ozone menu are just black squares.
    After a restart, everything is back to normal, until you load a game/core.

4. Z-bake

Z-bake Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Fixed in todays nightly :)

hippy dave likes this.
  5. claussm

claussm Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    Kind of a stupid question, but, if I want to keep up with the nightly updates, can I just drag over the "loader update" file, or do I need to do the whole 7z for each day?

6. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    The loader only updates the loader, because the online updater cannot so this.

At the very least, you should update the core directory. You can also use the online updater to update cores, but not all at once.

7. claussm

claussm Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    Yeah I try to keep up with my cores with the online updater, but I was just wondering if only doing the loader would lead to issues over time (not re-copying the full retroarch folder every time).

8. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    There is a bug in the latest nightly which is showing FPS as N/A. It appears to only happen when threaded Video is turned on. If you turn off threaded video FPS should start showing again.

sorabora likes this.
  9. Instandhaltung

Instandhaltung I feel the cosmos

Aug 4, 2016
    Germany
    Hey, quick question: Can I download single cores to start them individually on HB loader? Or do I have to download the whole pack?

10. raminrafat

raminrafat Suspended

Suspended
    Sep 18, 2019
    United States
    hi every one. what is the newest version of retroarch for switch?

11. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
  12. raminrafat

raminrafat Suspended

Suspended
    Sep 18, 2019
    United States
    Thanks

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Retroarch is a great multi-emulator. But it run slowly the Saturn rom. Is a way to play Saturn games (for example, batman the arcade game) at good frame rate?

13. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    For those interested and those who do not know - Flycast is being worked on and so far, there is interesting progress so far. For 1, Mortal Kombat Gold runs perfectly, except the Videos only are a Black Screen and only Audio. Also, there is a Report where SEGA announced that NAOMI does in fact run perfectly on the Switch. So it only needs to get worked on and have some tweaks, and it will be a perfect addition. Please support M4XW on his Patreon for all his Assistance and hard work.
    https://www.patreon.com/m4xwdev

Which should also mean, possibly there will be a later MAME Core beyond 2003/2003+ (HOPEFULLY!!!!!!!!!)

FanboyKilla and uzimakiuchiha like this.
  14. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    No, there isn't currently a way to emulate Saturn fullspeed (apart from some 2d games maybe) on Switch. Maybe Saturn emulation will get some loving attention in the future, like Dreamcast is getting at the moment.

15. uzimakiuchiha

uzimakiuchiha GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    I can't find flycast on there anywhere and I'm a supporter

16. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    It is on his Discord Page.

uzimakiuchiha likes this.
  17. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    Holy shit, the new build of Flycast with the texture whatever feature has fixed NBA on NBC to be absolutely perfect! Even runs smoother than the Lakka version because of proper v-sync (or something). No stuttering at all!

18. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Hell, Crazy Taxi 1&2 work perfectly, it seems. Then MKGold runs great, but no Videos can be seen, only Heard. Capcom vs SNK 2 runs great, just got a little Sprite Issue, Toy Fighter (NAOMI-MAME) runs perfectly.
    Just cant get NAOMI Games with .lst to run. But the MAME Versions of capsnk, cvs2, mvsc2 run, but MvsC2 has Slowdowns In-Game for now.
    Keeps getting better and better :D.

19. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Are the newest releases compatible with 9.0.0?

20. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    Yes

21. claussm

claussm Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    Does anyone know if the overclock settings within retroarch apply outside of retroarch? So, if I leave it on in the config will it apply to any app on my system, or just when I'm using retroarch?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted