RetroArch Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by ShadowOne333, Dec 30, 2017.

1. uzimakiuchiha

uzimakiuchiha GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    So every nightly loader after the 2nd of July give me a black screen crash. Any help?

2. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Go back to the 1st of July build

seanp2500 likes this.
  3. SeongGino

SeongGino The Average One

May 20, 2015
    United States
    Jersey, Jersey
    Been using the last couple few builds just fine.
    Dunno what you(@uzimakiuchiha)'re messing up with your installation/configs but might wanna try nuking said file and trying again.

4. uzimakiuchiha

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Well when I download any from 7/3 and earlier, everything is fine. But from 7/4 on, black screen. Just tried a whole different sd card with a new download and it's still doing it

Edit: ok I got it working by letting it create a new config file, but now my Analog stick doesn't work in my psx games. I turned digital to analog between all 3 settings and it's just not working at all

Last edited by uzimakiuchiha, Jul 13, 2019
  5. FanNintendo

FanNintendo GBAtemp Fan

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    Good thing there is 4 cores for GB/GBC to make the games work function good and one thing if you are using the Bezels then Gambatte isn't compatibility with Bezel only Gearboy , mGBA. Don't Know why I tried to make small g or Big G for Gambatte

6. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    You also need to change the pad type in the core options in quick settings, to adjust which kind of PSX controller you are emulating.

uzimakiuchiha likes this.
  7. Neo_

Neo_ Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2017
    I'm getting error 2168-0002 when I use online updater with N64 core.

Edit: Nevermind, I already realized the problem: I was launching through album app.

Edit2: Super Mario 64 gets stuck in a white screen for me. Isn't this game supposed to work well?

Last edited by Neo_, Jul 15, 2019
    notimp likes this.
  8. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2007
    It is. Try a different core (Muplen Mlus Next, Glupen, Mupen Plus, Parallel - in that order. Check somewhere in retroarch settings.).

Try enabling, disabling threaded video.

Most likely cause is, that the rom, or a core is iffy right now. If you post more details... :)

Neo_ likes this.
  9. andre1891

andre1891 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Which Buttons I need to press to open the retroarch options in game Emulation?

10. IC-Cojiro

IC-Cojiro Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2018
    Brazil
    + and -

11. nifoc2099

nifoc2099 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2018
    Singapore
    Any1 manage to run Saturn games smoothly? And i can't even save any Saturn games at all :unsure:. Hit Fatal error code 2168-0002 (0x4a8) when i try to save :blink:. 3DO & PS1 save games just fine.

12. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Not possible with the core's current state on the Switch.

13. Icedburden

Icedburden Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2017
    United States
    What’s the best snes core? Mario world still hitches snes9 or whatever. Thank you

14. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Can Users request possible Cores here? Want to know if it is possible for MAME 2010/2014 to be included for Testing. With MAME 2003, with what I have Tested, a lot seems to be working. Especially the Mortal Kombat Games, with no Issues except Audio Crackling.

Also, I found out about the Reicast Alpha that was made for the Switch. Being an Alpha, there is going to be Issues, but a few Games ran great, especially the Crazy Taxi Games. Fighting Games have Graphical Issues with the Fighters, and Mortal Kombat Gold is Unplayable. But with work, the Emu could work great.

15. uzimakiuchiha

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Does anyone have recommended settings for mystic Ninja n64? I'm using max overclock and default settings (except I turned off the 2 vram options) and it's still very slow. Mupen64 plus

16. chaosblack954

chaosblack954 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2019
    United States
    when scanning for games I have a NoIntro set but i don't see it make the icons for a playlist, is there something else i should do?

17. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Better use playlist buddy.

18. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2007
    Or create it "half manually". :)
    See: https://gbatemp.net/threads/playstation-classic.522781/page-41#post-8575050

On newer versions of retroarch the playlist format is slightly different. But the old one still works, and will be converted to the new one, when you edit any of the playlists in retroarch. I'm just mentioning this, because finding rompath/emulatorpath/romname and so on - using the recently played games playlist - now hasnt them just listed one after the other, but also has a few brackets and commas in the mix... ;) Nevertheless - the method I walked people through in the linked thread still works. :) Very well - I might add.. :) (Used that and some fuzzy logic together with a bunch of other custom regex - to integrate about 10 fullsets with thumbnail support on the Playstation Classic. :) (We are talking 30.000+ roms here.. ;) ) )

Last edited by notimp, Jul 19, 2019
    lordelan likes this.
  19. chaosblack954

chaosblack954 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2019
    United States
    Thanks ill try both methods see which I prefer

20. ajp_anton

ajp_anton Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    Finland
    Trying to start GBA games using mGBA crashes* when starting the game from the playlist. Other consoles work. Starting the same games from the history list works fine. What should I do?

* "The software was closed because an error occurred" and I need to re-enter homebrew. Once I got a BSOD, but can't reproduce.