Homebrew RetroArch Switch

dormeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any idea why the pc-98 core outputs a shaky image? Tried playing with some setting but I don’t really know what I’m doing and nothing I tried fixed it.

It doesn’t make it unplayable but it is a bit annoying

Wolf85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sick, thanks for the help, sound it's perfect now, and tried the shader and looks decent!

Any luck on the memory cards? working with savestates at present, but could be useful to have standard memory cards showing.

Many thanks for the help!

Load the game from an .m3u file with the .ccd game files listed. that should give you memcard in slot one.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might annoy some people by asking but just wondering if Dreamcast might happen one day? The reason I ask is Sega already made an emulator that plays Naomi/Dreamcast for the switch. If it's not through Retroarch I'm hoping the emulator used to probably only play a dozen or so Dreamcast/Naomi games might get hacked to play them all. Also would love Saturn but I know that's hard to emulate.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is anyone else having issues woth the latest nightly core of PrBoom?
I am using the same setup for it that I'm using on my Wii U, and yet ALL wad files give me a black screen upon boot. I do have prboom.wad in the same folder as my wads.

Can someone check for me, please?
Test with the latest prboom nro nightly core.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Build is from 20th of April, filename is:

GLN64_4.0_mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx.7z

m4xw posted it last friday on the patreon only discord (patrons-general).

Search for GLN64_4.0_mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx if you are in there, and you'll still find it.

Not sure when it will get merged into the normal daily builds. :)

Reactions: nevdee

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Is anyone else having issues woth the latest nightly core of PrBoom?
I am using the same setup for it that I'm using on my Wii U, and yet ALL wad files give me a black screen upon boot. I do have prboom.wad in the same folder as my wads.

Can someone check for me, please?
Test with the latest prboom nro nightly core.
Indeed it’s broken

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Palinkat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Build is from 20th of April, filename is:

GLN64_4.0_mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx.7z

m4xw posted it last friday on the patreon only discord (patrons-general).

Search for GLN64_4.0_mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx if you are in there, and you'll still find it.

Not sure when it will get merged into the normal daily builds. :)

Would this be available outside of patreon only discord?

Thanks

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
You'd have to ask m4xw, but I'd assume, that it will become available eventually. (If it isn't already.)

In any case, getting into the Patreon discord only takes an account on patreon (free) and the ability to pay 1 USD via credit card or paypal (?), to m4xw - once. ;) Afterwards you could cancel the support pledge. And if you hate paying taxes, I hear Alaska doesnt have value add tax on online purchases (This could be seen as a general tip for online software purchases, or something more nefarious, which I definitely did not mean. ;) ).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As another incentive to maybe do so - Paper Mario plays pretty much perfect on that build, with only small stutter on some effects on stock CPU clock speed - which i choose to look by, because of a small benefit on battery usage.

Here is a second video of Paper Mario, also including in game fight gameplay, which I hadn't captured in the first one. :)

https://streamable.com/zzu4z

Also - this:
NqoUSP9.gif

:)

Last edited by notimp,

FUZZY123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to track per rom playtime?
If you check the favorite roms tab, there is an entry "playtime: not tracked" for each rom. How do I enable this?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
All cores work in 8.x, you just can’t overclock right now. The workaround is to use sys-clk to overclock until m4 gets round to updating every single core.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Important PSA:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users