Homebrew RetroArch Switch

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It needs to be a Switch game not a rom I believe. Is KOF 98 a Switch game or a rom? It should be a game like Breath of the Wild, and hold R when starting it. You'll know it worked because instead of starting the game it'll go to the homebrew menu.

What CFW are you using?

Last edited by ,

Pepepuhn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It needs to be a Switch game not a rom I believe. Is KOF 98 a Switch game or a rom? It should be a game like Breath of the Wild, and hold R when starting it. You'll know it worked because instead of starting the game it'll go to the homebrew menu.

What CFW are you using?

I am using Atmosphere. It is the Switch Game of KOF 98 from the eShop. Homebrew menu does work.

So I now updated Retroarch to the latest version, and said games start and seem playable. The Mupen64Plus-Next core was also already bundled in the Retroarch archive.

However some games seem to work better with the normal Mupen64Plus core and while others don't.

Anyway thanks for your help :)

Edit: Majora's Mask still does not work with the Mupen64Plus-Next core.

Last edited by Pepepuhn,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe mx4w addded the latest mupen64plus-next that was on his twitter to Retroarch nightlies. If that's true and you overwrote it you're back to an older build.

Pepepuhn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't believe mx4w addded the latest mupen64plus-next that was on his twitter to Retroarch nightlies. If that's true and you overwrote it you're back to an older build.

Ok, I added the core from . However this one won't start any roms.
What am I doing wrong?

Pepepuhn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do I need seperate entries for mupen64plus-next in the "retroarch-core-options.cfg" ?

Can anyone tell me, what the difference is between the next core and the normal mupen64plus core?

Edit: So I am thinking the problem might be that King of Fighters 98 and Switch Photo Album won't allow to use full RAM access.
So my question: Which title does allow full RAM access, without me having to update my switch firmware? Currently I am on 3.01.

Edit #2: Ok, so I got myself a real cartridge of Super Mario Odyssey and now it works!

Last edited by Pepepuhn,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could be cool, but it's always on the first page of this forum anyway, not hard to locate.

M4xw: said: “Keep in mind that overclocking on 8.0 is currently not functional. This affects RA and sys-clk”

Reactions: stick267

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I wonder what happens if a core is overclocked in override settings and you use 8.0. That could crash RA or just ignore OC?

ole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why is “CPU Overclock” only available when playing example an N64 game, and not when playing other emulators or even no core loaded?

Also since it’s only available in that core, shouldn’t it be in the core specific sub menu?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why is “CPU Overclock” only available when playing example an N64 game, and not when playing other emulators or even no core loaded?

Also since it’s only available in that core, shouldn’t it be in the core specific sub menu?
It’s available in all cores. It sounds like your other cores and loader are outdated.

Reactions: Ty_

dishins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
is there any way to launch retroarch from nsp AND keep full ram support? all the times i tried i only got full ram support while launching from hbmenu

ole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It’s available in all cores. It sounds like your other cores and loader are outdated.

Okey, I will have to try and update. Thanks.

And one more, where is the .nsp file ?

This retroarch link says that its available on the Download pages. But I can't find any nsp file there?

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It should be available for every core. I underclock often for systems that came before N64.

straKK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me with playing pc-engine CD games on retroarch. None of the ones I'm trying work. I just get a black screen when using beetle fast or supergrafx.

I have the BIOS, which loads fine, but the games don't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead