Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Bluer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have a small problem with PPSSPP core button inputs. In Dissidia 012 there are sections where I need to quickly tap a circle button to rise an arrow on a bar, but it is not possible. No matter how fast I tap, the arrow does not move up. It is a problem with this certain game or I need to change input settings in RA?

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a small problem with PPSSPP core button inputs. In Dissidia 012 there are sections where I need to quickly tap a circle button to rise an arrow on a bar, but it is not possible. No matter how fast I tap, the arrow does not move up. It is a problem with this certain game or I need to change input settings in RA?
Make sure you don't have the auto ex burst shitty equipped . It takes over and your inputs don't matter anymore . I'm assuming you're talking about an ex burst anyway

Reactions: Bluer

Bluer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Make sure you don't have the auto ex burst shitty equipped . It takes over and your inputs don't matter anymore . I'm assuming you're talking about an ex burst anyway
Yeah I was talking about EX burst, I need to check this out, thanks!

EDIT
Auto EX burst was turned off all the time, so it is something different :(

Last edited by Bluer,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
That's what's difficult, different builds have different compatibilities and you could be missing out by using a certain one

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For example Yoshi's story plays like shit on mupen glide but works fine on the SVC, and i can only get Warcraft 2 to work on the non SVC dosbox core

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's what's difficult, different builds have different compatibilities and you could be missing out by using a certain one

For example Yoshi's story plays like shit on mupen glide but works fine on the SVC, and i can only get Warcraft 2 to work on the non SVC dosbox core
Oh really? Didn't know it was like that. Maybe open an issue on github for such cases so this can be looked into.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Tried with both mupen64-plus and mupen64-plus-next from the online updater and Yoshi’s Story lags badly, I even tried the version m4xw has on Patreon page the one with glide and same results.

Could you point what version works for Yoshi?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today and yesterday's nightly are giving me trouble on FW 7.01, always says "failed to write /retroarch/retroarch.cfg" when it first loads. I deleted these files when installing the nightly and they seem to be having trouble generating them. No archive bit set on the folders as far as I can tell.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Today and yesterday's nightly are giving me trouble on FW 7.01, always says "failed to write /retroarch/retroarch.cfg" when it first loads. I deleted these files when installing the nightly and they seem to be having trouble generating them. No archive bit set on the folders as far as I can tell.
Same here, and since it can’t write to retroarch.cfg it crashes when trying to reset RA...

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here, and since it can’t write to retroarch.cfg it crashes when trying to reset RA...

I noticed some .cfg file issues as well. Whenever I make a change in the RA settings, I restart RA but the changes don't get applied. I then have to make the changes again a second time, restart RA, and then the changes are finally applied.

Reactions: lordelan

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Appreciate the continued work, but even with taking the recent nightly on 8.0.1 (clean slate, not writing over an existing installation), I still have trouble with RA itself (various menus missing like Drivers) and cores freezing on a black screen upon loading of games randomly. Hope I just need to wait a bit longer.

Puremin0rez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Appreciate the continued work, but even with taking the recent nightly on 8.0.1 (clean slate, not writing over an existing installation), I still have trouble with RA itself (various menus missing like Drivers) and cores freezing on a black screen upon loading of games randomly. Hope I just need to wait a bit longer.

Same issue. Most menu entries are missing.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
2019-04-29_RetroArch

some cores are not working like SNES just black screen !! also cpu oc is not working stuck on 0

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Massive overhauls took place this weekend meaning the latest builds might be broken. Go back to an older revision for now.

Last edited by sj33,

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Make sure User Interface->Show Advanced Settings is enabled, I believe the behaviour has changed recently.
I'll take a look at that when I get the chance, but I'm not that hopeful that activating that and adjusting settings that were hid that way is going to fix the random freeze-on-game-load problem I'm experiencing.

Massive overhauls took place this weekend meaning the latest builds might be broken. Go back to an older revision for now.
Problem was I was having these issues before the weekend after updating the OFW. The menu problem did come later, probably when the massive changes started, but that was the least of my issues.

edit:

Ok, enabled the Advanced Settings did the trick for the menus, so there's at least that. Now to wait on the cores. I want to say that's a problem when updating to firmware 8.0 and beyond.

Last edited by DiscostewSM,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche