Homebrew RetroArch Switch

mypetfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have searched but only found Atmosphere info... How do I get this to update cores when running SXOS in an always offline Switch?! What settings should I make to allow online access but without allowing the firmware to flag an update etc?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have searched but only found Atmosphere info... How do I get this to update cores when running SXOS in an always offline Switch?! What settings should I make to allow online access but without allowing the firmware to flag an update etc?
Make sure Stealth Mode is turned on in SX OS's settings tab (from the Album). So far that's been reliable at blocking Nintendo servers.

jacopastorius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
or just download from a computer the latest core version and overwrite them in SDcard

Hansie64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you have a link to the theme and dynamic wallpapers?
Here are the wallpapers I use. As for theme, I use FlatUI from Retroarch itself.
For arcade games, I wanted one playlist with Mame2003, Mame2003-plus and Fba combined.
I used the playlist Sega Dreamcast for that and made a playlist with 200+ handpicked games.
I the playlist I specified per game witch core it should use.
Make sure that when you use Dynamic wallpapers, that 'Menu shader Pipeline' is turned off.
Have fun!

Attachments

• wallpapers.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 103

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there any way to play diablo 2??
Other than perhaps running it through DosBox or something, I doubt it.
Besides, DosBox is still not as advanced to emulate games from that era that I know, and I don't think it even has a dynarec for 64 bit architectures (that I know of).

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Besides, DosBox is still not as advanced to emulate games from that era that I know, and I don't think it even has a dynarec for 64 bit architectures (that I know of).
Diablo is from 2000, honestly I don't see that one running on the Switch any time soon through DosBox. :P

maxx488

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah I tried dosbox but without any luck :(

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by arianadark,
Reactions: Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works perfectly for me and the roms can be put any where you want

heres a link to the latest build http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/switch/libnx/2018-11-26_RetroArch.7z
I might be missing something. I downloaded marvel vs capcom 2 and I made a folder for it but retroarch doesnt run it at all.

Also I already have Snes titles with boxart and last night I decided to add a few more games but there not showing up on the snes list when I'm browsing l.

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the NSP retroarch is there way to show the retroarch settings menu, show savestates, etc? Sorry, new to retroarch.

Also I'm getting black boxes for all the icons/covers. Is there a way to fix that for the NSP retroarch?

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the NSP retroarch is there way to show the retroarch settings menu, show savestates, etc? Sorry, new to retroarch.

Also I'm getting black boxes for all the icons/covers. Is there a way to fix that for the NSP retroarch?
download assets from with in retroarch and restart it

Reactions: sorabora

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah gotcha. So my games are recognized but i'm in the nsp version, and not seeing where the box art should even be showing? does anyone know how to show the boxart?

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah gotcha. So my games are recognized but i'm in the nsp version, and not seeing where the box art should even be showing? does anyone know how to show the boxart?
You have to download them, I think they can be downloaded through the online updater feature (I don't remember the exact name :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1