Homebrew RetroArch Switch

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I might be missing something. I downloaded marvel vs capcom 2 and I made a folder for it but retroarch doesnt run it at all.

Also I already have Snes titles with boxart and last night I decided to add a few more games but there not showing up on the snes list when I'm browsing l.
You know that you should not rename the rom zips, right?
They have shortened named, like tmnt.zip (for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and they have to stay that way. Then you load that zip as a content and chose your MAME core.

Reactions: Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know that you should not rename the rom zips, right?
They have shortened named, like tmnt.zip (for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and they have to stay that way. Then you load that zip as a content and chose your MAME core.
I havent renamed anything, I just cant get the other Snes files I added and scanned to show up and im having trouble running mames

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I havent renamed anything, I just cant get the other Snes files I added and scanned to show up and im having trouble running mames
Try creating a playlist on PC with playlist buddy.
Take your history.lpl from your retroarch's directory from your sd card to see how it should look like.
Launching games from playlists should do the trick for SNES and MAME.

jacopastorius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi guys. If i try to load a neogeo rom in zip format with final burn alpha core, i load content and then click on rom.zip but it says "failed to load content". I have /retroarch/system/neogeo.zipND also tried to copy neogeo.zip in the folder where i keep roms but no luck
what could be the issue?

EDIT: got it work renaming bios to NeoGeo.zip

Last edited by jacopastorius,

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The process is the same as the other cores BUT you need MAME 078.dat or FB Alpha.dat. The difference is that Arcade/SNK games CAN'T be renamed, so you'll get something like "ashpft" "chopflt"... etc as your game name in the list. To avoid that we use .dat files.

If you are using RetroArch Playlist Buddy just check the "Search XML DAT specified below for titles rather than ROM filenames" box, and type the path to your .dat in the text box.

How do you get FB Alpha.dat? I'm not using the playlist buddy yet. Is there a way to download this file from inside the Online Updater?

Also which runs better on the switch MAME2003 or FBA?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The process is the same as the other cores BUT you need MAME 078.dat or FB Alpha.dat. The difference is that Arcade/SNK games CAN'T be renamed, so you'll get something like "ashpft" "chopflt"... etc as your game name in the list. To avoid that we use .dat files.

If you are using RetroArch Playlist Buddy just check the "Search XML DAT specified below for titles rather than ROM filenames" box, and type the path to your .dat in the text box.

How do you get FB Alpha.dat? I'm not using the playlist buddy yet. Is there a way to download this file from inside the Online Updater?

Also which runs better on the switch MAME2003 or FBA?
No lol that's a file that should come with your romset. If it did not, Google should help you out. At least it's just a small file.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mame 2010
Works well, better than 2003
Less bugs in some games
Better compatibility

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last edited by KHEOPS,

angelhp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will forward it.
Do you know how to get a log in retroarch for libnx?
Can you open the menu on the black screen?
No , i cant open the menu
I need exit with home menu (i use nsp homebrew menu)
Too pokemini core no load roms
I only get pixel screen but no appear the game.

Reactions: m4xw

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's all written in the first post under Making lists/thumbnails for MAME/FBA, mate. ;)
https://forums.libretro.com/t/retroarch-playlist-buddy-playlist-and-thumbnail-generation-app/8417/47 According to this, the dat file is supposed to come off of github somewhere. Sorry but I'm still really unclear on how to actually get images working and it seems the playlist buddy is the only option, but despite the screenshot there's no option to download the MAME.dat

https://forums.libretro.com/t/retroarch-playlist-buddy-playlist-and-thumbnail-generation-app/8417/47 According to this, the dat file is supposed to come off of github somewhere. Sorry but I'm still really unclear on how to actually get images working and it seems the playlist buddy is the only option, but despite the screenshot there's no option to download the MAME.dat

Do you just rename the xml to dat that comes with a romset? Or this: https://github.com/libretro/fbalpha/tree/master/dats

Last edited by xtreme1,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you just rename the xml to dat that comes with a romset? Or this: https://github.com/libretro/fbalpha/tree/master/dats
Might work. I definitely had a *.dat file with my romset. Something like fb_alpha_97.3.dat or something like that.

Is already there a way to load roms from a network share? Or a patch for cfw for mounting a network drive?
Only in lakka. Would love that feature in Horizon too.

Reactions: intellettuanale

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F