Homebrew RetroArch Switch

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I should probably run a search on this thread before asking, but is there a RA speed/compatibility comparison on the Switch with HOS vs Android?

Reactions: BigOnYa

arquillos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Huh?
5 seconds of searching brought me to:

My point is still valid. No help on those videos about Switch + Overlays :( :(
Post automatically merged:

For most emulators Horizon is better optimised
Horizon?

Finally I've found help on this video:

Last edited by arquillos,
Reactions: FanNintendo

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why not just use NSO with that controller? Most n64 games play great on NSO and you can inject any games you want.
Because I want some games on the games menu instead of in nso. Also it's easier to install nsps vs. Injectijng via cave.

Isn't the overall compatibility with retroarch overclock better than the nso app? Or has it improved lately?

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering maybe the answer I read for this about game’s that use the zapper is true and I couldn’t find a way to do this on my own but are nes zapper games really stuck on touch screen. I believe the only thing I read to make control stick an option would be mame in game menu arcade core. There was this thing for control port 1 or 2 doesn’t really matter just to change the trigger button. So far all I got is the setup just user port 2 just to setup the zapper. Just trying to play gumshoe and back in the day I wasn’t a pro with the zapper but unfortunately it’s almost impossible to play this properly now.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides overclocking what is the best settings for n64 on switch. I’m already overclocking but I could tell it’s not fully good with audio. Was playing smash remix, so I figured it was that but I tried yoshi story and I can tell as soon as the level started it got laggy and sound wasn’t close to being perfect. About smash remix though, the bonus level seemed smooth with the sound. Gameplay was smooth or smooth enough with smash, it’s the audio that seems to be the issue. Haven’t played n64 in awhile, I did change video ratio to 4:3 since that was a suggestion I read.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I barely played n64 on this but now everything seems to want to run smoothly without overclocking, slow down just started though after I went to retroarch menu for awhile but still today I had smoother gameplay. Wish this thing had netplay with or without lag.

Atari 7800 doesn’t have netplay either which doesn’t make since because a pc user was able to host switch and their website says netplay not supported.
https://docs.libretro.com/library/prosystem/

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
retoarch crash atmospher in 17.0.1
as its documentation clearly specifies it, you MUST launch retroarch in full-RAM mode (title override/forwarder).

Running RetroArch using title takeover

The preferred way of running RetroArch is to use Atmosphère's title takeover feature. This allows you to (temporarily) replace a game with the homebrew loader, which will then be used to load RetroArch. Make sure to use the latest version of Atmosphère before continuing.

You can also use unofficial forwarders (even if they say it doesn't work, which is totally false). From retroarch FAQ (use filter to show only switch) :

Can I use RetroArch with the NSP forwarder for Nintendo Switch?​

No, this may cause unexpected breakage on your Switch, so we no longer offer an NSP. We suggest full-RAM access through title takeover or title replacement.

Retroarch works perfectly fine on 17.0.1. I'm using it every day on that firmware.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just curious besides lakka having a gamecube core,is there a custom gamecube core for switch.tried lakka gamecube for first time yesterday without overclocking but the few times I checked the clock speed a weird looking pie symbol was next to it, like it was overclocking on it’s own. I know it will lag but I’m trying to look for custom cores besides the 3ds one. Don’t really want to use lakka. I already have a Wii for gamecube but I’m curious about if the switch ever got a custom core.

Well I seen the youtube video I seen long ago. 7 hours but is that still the case where ever this gamecube is located or does it run faster now.

Edit
Wanted to check lakka one more time, I know I’m setting the overclock to stock but i truly think it overclocks itself, went to the letter u which is unstable supposedly.I know so much time has passed but hopefully by some miracle the switch version of retroarch gets a gamecube because both retroarch versions on this are technically using the same system.

Last edited by fst312,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry of this is wrong place to ask but does this work on Yuzu Android?

Any searches i do just return yuzu core on retroarch results! Any guides if it does indeed work?

Nevermind... Just thought about that and why not just get RA for Android!

Last edited by Lostbhoy,
  • Haha
Reactions: miaucito

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc