Homebrew Question retroarch split joy con not working

icefox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, I've used split joy con happily on 1.9.2. before OFW 12. I think since I updated to OFW 12 and the latest Atmosphere (now 0.19.5|S), split joy con no longer works even if I didn't touch retroarch. If I enable split joy con and remove the joy cons, the left one becomes control 1 (1 light) and the right one becomes control 2 (2 lights), but on retroarch the left 1 still behaves as the left joy con of a pair, and the right one doesn't register anything. If I put the joy cons back it crashes retroarch. If I quit to the system menu the split joy cons work perfectly. Split joy cons also work perfectly on all switch games. I tried updating to 1.9.3, 1.9.5, and 1.9.7 and the same problem remains. Is it a known issue? I saw a thread from 2018 of the same problems and no answer was offered. Thank you for any help!

Reactions: Newhouse-Estates

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
i've just tried it on my 1.9.6 RA and it doesn't work indeed. Behaves the same way as you described. Tho other 2player options do work fine (with regular controllers). Seems like a bug that nobody cares about if it's not fixed since so long. The last time i used split cons in RA was like in 2018 or something and they worked lol.

Reactions: icefox

icefox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've just tried it on my 1.9.6 RA and it doesn't work indeed. Behaves the same way as you described. Tho other 2player options do work fine (with regular controllers). Seems like a bug that nobody cares about if it's not fixed since so long. The last time i used split cons in RA was like in 2018 or something and they worked lol.
Thank you for confirming! Split joy cons is a major charm for the switch version. I used to impress friends by asking what games they played as a kids, then casually load it up on the switch and offer a controller for an instant stroll down memory lane. Please, devs, look into how OFW may have broken something and fix it!

Reactions: bad361

icefox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I @'ed m4xw on accord and this is what he said. we can look forward to an eventual fix.

yea i have a bunch of fixes for it coming
[11:30 AM]
wanted to do it 2 weeks ago already
but time didnt allow
the rotation is borked too, the way the contribution did it, only allowed for a single keypress
and stuff
i fixed that but still some quirks with the analog of the 2nd controller
[11:31 AM]
that i didnt fix yet
i dont know of any crashing issue tho
at least with my stuff what i had locally
on detach
[11:32 AM]
the (hot)fix was scheduled for the new ver
but i didnt make it in time
521089619807305732.png

p1w1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I'm the only one having trouble with two players in Final Burn Alpha/Neo? The joycons/pro controller are well conected but the player two doesnt register anything. I'm not using the split joycons option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No that's his normal twin +1