Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
No, blargSNES APU is not to be confused by blargg's APU
yeah, that was my point lol

this on is based on snemulds sound core, but staplebutter and discostewsm made it very good for the 3ds :)

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
OK. I know there was one guy arguing with another about the Gambatte being FS when it just stutters at times. I would just recommend getting a N3DS since it is the better Device out of the 2.
Like I said before, hopefully there will be a way to Install Emus on the Vita instead of always having to Load the through a PC or Android Connection

Please just let the argument die...
Doodle.

Also frick, could the authors pick any less confusing names for their Emus? Doodles.

Last edited by SeongGino,

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think people were just saying they're improving, which they are.

I think QuickNES, Picodrive (Master System and Game Gear only) and maybe Gambatte are recommended for the O3DS.
Actually it's Genesis Plus GX for GameGear

zxc2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There's a bunch of stuff that's about to come out for the vita that's going to make the 333mhz thing irrelevant.

snes9xtylmecm works incredibly well on a lot of games and has issues with special chip games because special chip games take a significantly higher amount of power to work with. If you have any homebrew on the Vita, you have access to all the PSP emulators, including it.

There's also not really a point to porting the psx emulator when, again, the vita's about to get busted wide open and the Vita already has native PSX play. The best thing would be for it to work out like the PSP and have savestates/cheats in literally every game, retail or not.

the news from Tomtomdu80 don't "wide open the vita" there are only tricks to access to the unprotected files of vita. they don't give access to the system(user or kernel) like rejuvenate(usermode).

the epsp mode(psp vita) is different to the real psp hardware. the epsp is limited and is like a psp fat limited (dont have me). so the snes9xtylmecm never will work in vita( full work, if you disable the me emulation works but is more slow) also the catsfc for vita is a lot better than snes9xtylmecm for psp.

the psx vita emulator isn't 100% "native". they are the psx emulator for psp with some add-ons( for emulate music, in psp the me do the work). they don't work in native resolution.
if we a have retroarch port. will have a lot of features.

Reactions: teampleb

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The news includes backup installation, which seems to me like it'd be pretty powerful?

I haven't used my Vita in a while and haven't tried catsfc on it. The Vita games are integrated pretty well into the system, I guess, I was just considering it in the same way that I do GBA games on the 3DS.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The news includes backup installation, which seems to me like it'd be pretty powerful?

I haven't used my Vita in a while and haven't tried catsfc on it. The Vita games are integrated pretty well into the system, I guess, I was just considering it in the same way that I do GBA games on the 3DS.
Not really. You still need the gamecard to play.
How well is GBA emulation doing on o3DS in the recent nightlies?
Bout the same.

Reactions: Jwiz33

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, again, hopefully it will allowing Installation of Homebrew or Emus. Thought Rejuvenate would be awesome, but having to connect to a PC or Android every time just to Load them?
OK, off Topic, but is there a still active Video Converter? Or if anything, what settings would I use if using ConvertXtoVideo or DVDFab9? PM me the Details so not to overload Thread please.

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not public though and still actually requires you to have the original Gamecart inserted. It's just a proof-of-concept showing execution from memory card, it doesn't seem to be useful for anything right now though.

I'm specifically saying that wasn't what I'm talking about.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Except not everyone has a Vita and don't to spend money, if they want a 3DS, they should be able to .
This is an example of people who aren't talking about you or your situation. It happens sometimes when you're unlucky enough not to be the center of the universe. In this case, people are talking about how Vita homebrew is very soon going to improve greatly over Vita homebrew right now. None of this concerns you (nor does it concern a thread about RetroArch on 3DS, but that's neither here nor there). It's not about you, it's not about what to get instead of a 3DS, it's not the upset you've somehow construed it to be to your completely irrelevant life.

Reactions: sj33 and teampleb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom