Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
This discussion was dead, why did you bring it back?

I quite understand his frustration but you can't make a corpse come back to life (if you undertand what I mean lol).
Sorry, but I felt the need of venting about this.

I've played on gambatte for a good amount of time in the past days, so I know how well it runs.

Reactions: SLiV3R

zxc2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tested onnmy brothers o3ds 10.1... It is full speed for me.

BTW ... On the vita front. Is it possible to go beyond 444mhz?
no. this is the real speed of vita(per core in ). yifan lu do test and he found this. the vita isn't as powerful as people think.
also you need have psm 1.06 to use it(fw3.30 to 3.51). if you have 1.05 only can use 333 speed.
the emulators run a little better in vita. but still have slowdowns in snes games with special chips. like kirby, yoshis island an starfox.(catsfc)
megaman x2 and 3 work perfect. in n3ds have slowdowns.(my vita have fw 3.51 and my n3ds have 9.9)
do you have plans to port psx emu to vita? i hope it run well in vita.

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but I felt the need of venting about this.

I've played on gambatte for a good amount of time in the past days, so I know how well it runs.

...*Sigh*
The day we stop talking about speedhacks and Gambatte is the day this Emulator subset will be complete it seems.

Anywhoozle, any updates on the latest build? Ya know, so we can be at least 25% productive here?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any reason why the Snes9x core can't use Blargg's cycle accurate S-SMP/SPC700 core? NOT to be confused with BlarggSnes. Surely, the 3DS can handle it.

No offense, but Snes9x 1.43 doesn't have the best SPC700 emulation.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I know this is a old Topic, but I just tried out the RetroArch Cores on my O3DS for giggles to compare. Who is saying the Cores are close to Full Speed on O3DS? Because I am going at 26FPS and below on CATSFC running DKC, SFA on Gambatte Fluctuates in the high 40s-50FPS, wont even start with the Virtual Boy Core because well lets face it, it is VB. NeoGeo was around 30FPS, Genesis+GX I am getting 26FPS, FCEumm gives 41-44FPS
Using O3DS on 9.2GW with .cia Files.
So yeah, looks like there are some problems via O3DS for some. But N3DS, the Cores are mostly amazing. PSX, VB and I think Nestopia. Nestopia last I tried was only half a screen at Full Screen.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think people were just saying they're improving, which they are.

I think QuickNES, Picodrive (Master System and Game Gear only) and maybe Gambatte are recommended for the O3DS.

Reactions: Smoker1

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no. this is the real speed of vita(per core in ). yifan lu do test and he found this. the vita isn't as powerful as people think.
also you need have psm 1.06 to use it(fw3.30 to 3.51). if you have 1.05 only can use 333 speed.
the emulators run a little better in vita. but still have slowdowns in snes games with special chips. like kirby, yoshis island an starfox.(catsfc)
megaman x2 and 3 work perfect. in n3ds have slowdowns.(my vita have fw 3.51 and my n3ds have 9.9)
do you have plans to port psx emu to vita? i hope it run well in vita.

There's a bunch of stuff that's about to come out for the vita that's going to make the 333mhz thing irrelevant.

snes9xtylmecm works incredibly well on a lot of games and has issues with special chip games because special chip games take a significantly higher amount of power to work with. If you have any homebrew on the Vita, you have access to all the PSP emulators, including it.

There's also not really a point to porting the psx emulator when, again, the vita's about to get busted wide open and the Vita already has native PSX play. The best thing would be for it to work out like the PSP and have savestates/cheats in literally every game, retail or not.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a bunch of stuff that's about to come out for the vita that's going to make the 333mhz thing irrelevant.

snes9xtylmecm works incredibly well on a lot of games and has issues with special chip games because special chip games take a significantly higher amount of power to work with. If you have any homebrew on the Vita, you have access to all the PSP emulators, including it.

There's also not really a point to porting the psx emulator when, again, the vita's about to get busted wide open and the Vita already has native PSX play. The best thing would be for it to work out like the PSP and have savestates/cheats in literally every game, retail or not.

Except not everyone has a Vita and don't to spend money, if they want a 3DS, they should be able to .

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. I know there was one guy arguing with another about the Gambatte being FS when it just stutters at times. I would just recommend getting a N3DS since it is the better Device out of the 2.
Like I said before, hopefully there will be a way to Install Emus on the Vita instead of always having to Load the through a PC or Android Connection

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That would be nice. My Vita is stuck with 333Mhz due to running fw 3.18. I don't want to upgrade to fw 3.30 because I'll lose the TN-X PS1 Loader, which is one of my most used Vita 'apps'.

Reactions: Smoker1

~Rainbow Mika

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
estieniuniers.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Tried Rondo of Blood on my N3DS and it works fine. 50FPS, voices and music are skippy. And you can't skip cutscenes. Make sure you have the syscard3.pce in your retroarch/cores/system folder! :)

Well, i downloaded a system card pack (i already had a syscard3.pce file on the system folder), but it still freezes on "using module yaddayadda".
Maybe is because i'm using a o3DS with Ironhax or is the game itself (it's an english patched ISO+CUE file)

Last edited by ~Rainbow Mika,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The Vita Vs. New 3DS comparison is a bit strange anyway. The Vita might be more powerful but I gather Rejuvenate still relies on a connection to a PC to load homebrew. How am I supposed to use that on my commute to work on the train?

Reactions: SLiV3R and teampleb

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be nice. My Vita is stuck with 333Mhz due to running fw 3.18. I don't want to upgrade to fw 3.30 because I'll lose the TN-X PS1 Loader, which is one of my most used Vita 'apps'.
I made that mistake :'( . Though Rejuvenate would be better. Only upside is the 444Mhz being on 3.51

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Any reason why the Snes9x core can't use Blargg's cycle accurate S-SMP/SPC700 core? NOT to be confused with BlarggSnes. Surely, the 3DS can handle it.

No offense, but Snes9x 1.43 doesn't have the best SPC700 emulation.

libretro's Snes9x core is 1.53. It uses Blargg's APU afaik.
CATSFC is based on 1.43 and it doesn't but CATSFC-Plus is CATSFC plus blargg's APU.

xoleras20099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i downloaded a system card pack (i already had a syscard3.pce file on the system folder), but it still freezes on "using module yaddayadda".
Maybe is because i'm using a o3DS with Ironhax or is the game itself (is english patched ISO+CUE file)
I'm not sure. I'm on a New 3DS (Non XL) using Ironhax and it runs. Do you have the Japanese Bios and not the English Bios renamed as syscard3.pce?
If you're using a .iso and .cue, you can't rename the files either or you break the .cue sheet you use to run the iso. (unless you manually edit it). That could also be your problem.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
libretro's Snes9x core is 1.53. It uses Blargg's APU afaik.
CATSFC is based on 1.43 and it doesn't but CATSFC-Plus is CATSFC plus blargg's APU.
do you think that porting blargsnes sound core to catsfc could be possible?

It's faster on 3ds (made for 3ds in mind) and sound is excellent (not perfec t, but still better) :)

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I'm pretty sure we went over this a few pages ago...
Everything is possible. But even bsnes uses blargg's....

The problem in these cores might be in the frontend itself, Aliaspider said the sound code is incomplete.

~Rainbow Mika

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
estieniuniers.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm not sure. I'm on a New 3DS (Non XL) using Ironhax and it runs. Do you have the Japanese Bios and not the English Bios renamed as syscard3.pce?
If you're using a .iso and .cue, you can't rename the files either or you break the .cue sheet you use to run the iso. (unless you manually edit it). That could also be your problem.

The first thing i did was download the japanese bios and rename it syscard3.pce, it didn't work, then i downloaded the syspack with all the bios+another syscard3.pce, it didn't work.
Maybe is the game itself (i didn't rename it, but maybe is the patch that's screwing the load) but i will try it with Cotton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/knyBygUiKLI?si=BkBsC-TZ4OrZoiPk