Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Noob question. Can I mix 1.63 cores with 1.42? BUT using the all in one? I dont know why 1.63 runs all choppy on me, but VBA really is good on this one.
You can use selfs from which nightly you want (i used october 2016 pcsx-r core in 1.5.0 release)
Anyway i suppose you mean 1.4.1 because there's no v1.4.2 for Vita RetroArch :D

Reactions: MKKhanzo

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
another thing is I downloaded the bios and when I click on a game ( megaman x 4) it says playtation bios not found but it still plays the game .

It can run without a bios and sometimes makes games work because of it. ZanaxXZanax works this way.

Make sure you have the bios in the retroarchs system folder.

scph1001.bin is a good one to try

Dochartaigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anybody confirm that the latest stable 1.6.0 build from 6-01-2017, still won't allow you to put the Vita into sleep mode while playing PS1 games - or they'll quickly crap out as soon as you start playing them again? (just want to make sure it's not just my Vita as it does it to me)

I haven't been keeping up to date and last tried this six months ago...seems like the newest version of Adrenaline still can't play PS1 games either, correct? So there's still zero ability to play PS1 games on the Vita? ...am I missing something or is that still kinda insane? (hopefully I'm missing something lol ;)

Last edited by Dochartaigh,

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Can anybody confirm that the latest stable 1.6.0 build from 6-01-2017, still won't allow you to put the Vita into sleep mode while playing PS1 games - or they'll quickly crap out as soon as you start playing them again? (just want to make sure it's not just my Vita as it does it to me)

I haven't been keeping up to date and last tried this six months ago...seems like the newest version of Adrenaline still can't play PS1 games either, correct? So there's still zero ability to play PS1 games on the Vita? ...am I missing something or is that still kinda insane? (hopefully I'm missing something lol ;)
Frangar adjust this, but your iso must be in a particular folder. Google it.

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
God to hear! On a recent nightly or the stable build? ...going to google now.
He posted in this very thread, so better use the search engine xD.
Ehmmm dunno wich version but the last is the good one (stable or nightly, doesn't matters)

Also... you know Adrenaline hacks the entire PSP emulator nowadays, don't you? It's kind of PSX in a native form (and even better with the filters)

Last edited by Zukov,

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use selfs from which nightly you want (i used october 2016 pcsx-r core in 1.5.0 release)
Anyway i suppose you mean 1.4.1 because there's no v1.4.2 for Vita RetroArch :D

Awesome. Ill go back to 1.41 then and have the VBA core.

Dochartaigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also... you know Adrenaline hacks the entire PSP emulator nowadays, don't you? It's kind of PSX in a native form (and even better with the filters)
yeah, I'm like 6 months behind all this and updating/researching today - Adrenaline says I'm up to date but I'm definitely not if I can't play PS1 games on it...posted in another topic and will hopefully have it straightened out - thank you for the heads up, it's appreciated!

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I'm like 6 months behind all this and updating/researching today - Adrenaline says I'm up to date but I'm definitely not if I can't play PS1 games on it...posted in another topic and will hopefully have it straightened out - thank you for the heads up, it's appreciated!

You sure you don't have the Adrenaline Easy Installer? I used to also have Adrenaline V1 way back, and recently installed AEI; it updated without a hitch and works well. Even got the launcher page updated, as AEI also allows.

Hrm... people seem to be suggesting that 1.6.3 has some performance regressions? Which emulators with which games explicitly exhibit this? I know the 3DS 1.6.3 stable is completely borked and doesn't perform as well as 1.6.3, so if you're experiencing problems, suggested to roll back to 1.6.0. But me personally, cores work completely fine in comparison to the 3DS release.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If possible, the NJEmu should use the Mods that allow for the Hack/Homebrew Roms. Should also allow it for the Android Builds since there is no way to run Hack/Homebrew Arcade Roms. Also since the Emulators dont want to run correctly in PPSSPP

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone successfully used netplay between two vitas/pstvs?

As said before, it should theoretically work with any other platform (Using the same core, within reason of course). Very few has been able to actually use this, or at least reported success.
You'd also need to use No-Intro ROMsets to get the games working best via Netplay (And this kinda goes for anything else regarding database scanning).

Reactions: MKKhanzo

Imhullu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
;)
Put the games in the ux0:APP/RETROVITA directory, and that won't be a problem. You can make additional folders under that directory if you want.

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Any ps vita version changes? If not then it might not be worth updating. Actually not sure if the vita side of retroarch is getting worked on at all. Anyone feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

It should be, it's been receiving the same updates on all platforms for a while, unlike 3DS where its only maintainer is gone for good.
I'll go scope things out and be back in a mo'.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, 1.6.4 is not much to worry about. Update if you wish, but the main changes are all for relevant desktop cores.
The only change of note is that MAME'03 is compatible with the Killer Instinct duology, but doesn't work well even on the highest end ARM devices.

Nevertheless, OP updated to reflect the current release version.

NgXAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For info, picodrive 32X works perfectly on 2D games, because the core is dynarec compatible, without dynarec 15-20fps, with dynarec 60fps stable. For 3D games 45-50ps with dynarec and 10-15fps without.

Some 3D games have incorrect rendering like BC Racers.

If all cores can be dynarec compatible it would be perfect.

Last edited by NgXAlex,
Reactions: julio.apc16

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o