Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

KyoMaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
my pscs rearmed only find casltevania .bin , i have spyro 2 , and diablo, i tried to move to the castlevania folder, create a new folder but not seems to work idk what to do , i really want to play spyro and diablo

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some emulators can not read it correctly if you simply move your files to another place so as i mention say make a "rom" folder and move those that not working in there in vitashell. Then Make a "PSX ROM" folder and copy from the rom and paste in the psx rom folder. So when you go back into retroarch and look for the files you will see it.

Or delete and use vitashell with filezilla and transfer directly to that folder.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But with retroarch.vpk, i must and only change core inside the vpk before install, or i can change even after installation like separate cores? (i usually take the eboot.bin from nighty and put in ux0:app/emufolder. So can i do the same thing but with the .elf file?)

Krustentier7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm trying to install the all-in-one retroarch.vpk, but I keep getting an error (0xFFFFFF99). I have 30gb of storage left, using VitaShell 1.2. Anyone know what the problem might be?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
> Aside from "You have been blocked from viewing Libretro's Tweets" unless I use an alias, I can't officially consider myself a true Libretro member. I've never even signed up for it or asked for consent.

Umm, I am not certain I ever blocked somebody. Can you tell me which Twitter follower this is?

> I doubt Libretro here actually cares... but I wouldn't mind being more a proper tester for their project. However, the chances of this are slim; I'll take it if it's offered, but I refuse to force anything down anyone's mouth.

Regarding testers, it's a nice offer but honestly, we need more developers, not testers.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What are you guys talking about regarding unresponsive controls? When did this start happening?

When you're working with an experimental toolchain/SDK and you keep adding features that people request I guess there is bound to be situations where it will backfire. It sucks that I can't even test both targets (Vita and PS TV) since I only have a PS TV at my disposal and that doesn't have the touchscreen facilities or anything.

the control issue is the controls seem to take forever to map anymore like when you first boot up a game it takes about a min before you can use the controls BUT if you hit the controls before one minute it will take even longer making it seem like it doesn't work at all for a lot of people the other time this happens is after opening and closing the retroarch menu

Aliminator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If I was a betting man (Which I'm not... usually), I'd say that is the case now.
Considering the massive space savings, and some of the minor bugs now having been fixed in the AiO (All ROM selection-based crashes are now exclusive to MAME/FBA for clear reasons), I don't see any reason to use the individual cores.
Besides, installation takes 1-2 minutes vs. 1 hour for all the cores; a far easier method for keeping test builds up-to-date.

The problem I have with the all in one release is, that it seems way more uncomfortable to use, as the retroarch UI isnt very handy. I'd like it a lot more to chose the core I want with the bubble as before, as its just way quicker. Or is there a way to get this going like that anyway?

EDIT: By the way to I have to take care of anything, when I would change to the all in one vpk?

Last edited by Aliminator,

Arballisk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there no way to soft reset on ReArmed? I'm trying to do the Triple Triad rule manipulation but I can't get the soft reset aspect of it to work.

pralima87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man I'm really loving progress on the vita!
History is working great for PCSX_ReArmed pbp files and is such a great feature!

Whats is not working so well:
1. Save/Load states
Saving is really weird since it first shows "loading state" them "saving state".

2. Frame Trottle
Is not working at all anymore. Can't remember the last nightly were it was working.
(Maybe this one was intentionally disabled for same reason)

jdestroyer97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know a few people have been talking about random loss of control because sometimes it happens when I'm loading a cps game and I have to press the home button and re enter the game also for some reason the CPS2 emu no longer works as well as the older builds it's slow and choppy/muffled sound I am currently using the 10/13 nightly and the retroarch all in one vpk the Neo Geo also seems to be having problems with games that used to work on the stand alone cores like garou mark of the wolves for example

Imhullu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where does PCSX store saves? It was recommended earlier to clear out the Retroarch data folder before installing the all-in-one vpk, but I don't want to lose my saves. Where might I find them?

jdestroyer97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I found it. I forgot that the actual eboot I was playing was still named "eboot.pbp". I had it all along. "ux0://data/retroarch/cores/savefiles" was the location.

So I wanted to ask you I want to try using the ps1 emu but I still need bios what files does it run is it the same as the psp? or is it the iso files I cant find the bios for the life of me

Imhullu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PCSX uses .bin, .cue, and .pbp files. As far as the BIOS goes, I'm using a few. SCPH7001, SCPH7502, and SCPH1000. Not sure if I actually need all three, but it works. You can find the BIOS files online with a quick web search.

Michael_92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to keep bothering people but I'm having another issue. My games through the ps1 emulator are skipping.

Played Croc, saved on mem card and quit the core. Put Vita to sleep.

Did the same and it worked fine.

Upon playing it a 3rd time (today anyways) everything was skipping. Didn't matter what game I tried, setting RA, deleting the config file. I'm not sure what happened...I didn't touch any settings that I am aware of. I mean 16:9 and analog but that's it.

jdestroyer97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PCSX uses .bin, .cue, and .pbp files. As far as the BIOS goes, I'm using a few. SCPH7001, SCPH7502, and SCPH1000. Not sure if I actually need all three, but it works. You can find the BIOS files online with a quick web search.

I managed to get the bios and put them in the retro arch/system and it says no bios found expect bugs why isnt it reading the bios?

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Man I'm really loving progress on the vita!
History is working great for PCSX_ReArmed pbp files and is such a great feature!

Whats is not working so well:
1. Save/Load states
Saving is really weird since it first shows "loading state" them "saving state".

2. Frame Trottle
Is not working at all anymore. Can't remember the last nightly were it was working.
(Maybe this one was intentionally disabled for same reason)
Frame Throttle? What is it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good news for the five people that want two more