Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY!? WHY!? WHY!? WHY!?
WE WERE JOKING! AND THEY DID IT.
BRAVO.

...Yep, Yabause exists, apparently.
This is so dumb.
All the new cores are nice but I kinda wished the devs focused more on optimizing what's there than adding more to the bucket list.

Last edited by SeongGino,
Reactions: MKKhanzo

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's more of a proof of concept really - you can count the framerate on two fingers. But it's still kinda cool.

PCSX ReARMed is more sensible because the core supports dynarec, though this relies on them getting dynarec working on the Vita.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
By the way, you can enable frameskip in the Core Options for Yabuse. Not that it makes it remotely usable.

TheBalishChannel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could somebody provide me a link to the older version of FCEUmm with the new LiveArea screen? Also, I've been trying to figure out how to get the English-translated version of "Castlevania: Rondo of Blood" to run on Mednafen_PCE_Fast; so far it's proven to be quite a challenge. I'm not even sure if I've patched the .BIN and .CUE files correctly, however I know the inside of the .CUE file must refer to the exact name of the .BIN file and that in order to run it in the emulator I need to select the .CUE file. Any help on this? Thanks!

Zeroba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is a little unusual that they'd add all these DOA cores to the vita port. If it's obvious it'll never be a playable speed, why bother with the pseudo tech demo?
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate and love the hard work the Libretro team is doing, it just seems like they're not allocating their time very well when it comes to the vita port..
I understand the core is in there for live debugging, along with the other dead/unplayable cores.. But the general consensus is things like a Saturn emulator (Unless somehow written from scratch with amazing optimization) is impossible, so why even bother? Just to say 'hey it runs'?
Edit: I mean no ill will to the team, so please don't take this the wrong way.

Last edited by Zeroba,
Reactions: hii915

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
.vpk is just a zip file renamed to .vpk, the files inside is free to edit, but you need to run pngquant on the images before re-zipping them back

I knew that, but...
What exactly does PNGquant do?
When I re-send a modified .VPK to the Vita and attempt to install, it simply craps out at the end with an error.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I only wants to play castlevânia, with the real kung fu Maria. Not the flurry version of psp.
I dont remember well but ten years ago i was playing castlevania at a resonable speed with a dos saturn emulator. I cant remember if was ssf ot sse. Then my hope was to play it again under dosbox. I download sse and trying to figure how to play it again with no sucess because I dont remember what version used before.
I know, it has little chance to work but is only a trying because is the only saturn game i want to play with my vita.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I only wants to play castlevânia, with the real kung fu Maria. Not the flurry version of psp.
I dont remember well but ten years ago i was playing castlevania at a resonable speed with a dos saturn emulator. I cant remember if was ssf ot sse. Then my hope was to play it again under dosbox. I download sse and trying to figure how to play it again with no sucess because I dont remember what version used before.
I know, it has little chance to work but is only a trying because is the only saturn game i want to play with my vita.
The only open source Saturn emulator (thus, the only Saturn emulator that will realisitically get ported to the Vita is Yabuse. Yabuse Libretro also doesn't support hardware acceleration, so it is unlikely to get much faster.

The PC emulator you are referring to is probably SSF, which is a closed source emulator heavily optimised for x86. Not gonna get ported.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The only open source Saturn emulator (thus, the only Saturn emulator that will realisitically get ported to the Vita is Yabuse. Yabuse Libretro also doesn't support hardware acceleration, so it is unlikely to get much faster.

The PC emulator you are referring to is probably SSF, which is a closed source emulator heavily optimised for x86. Not gonna get ported.
But works with dosbox or if a windows 98 comes to vita? I know about a linux version too.

Zeroba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GPSP is working in the latestly nightly.
However for some reason square is bound to L and it's unchangeable. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone