Homebrew RetroArch-Hexaeco Emulators

nhockon_cm

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
How can i use "Arcade_resolutions_configs.zip" for all-in-one "SS-Hexaeco 2023 Complete Mod.7z"?

No Overrides > Save Game Overrides in Retroarch menu.

Thank you.

Last edited by nhockon_cm,

Ken-Hidaka

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello, I have a problem with the SS-Capcom CPS-2 Wii emulator because the Armored Warriors game does not let me configure the buttons and its default configuration is chaos, any solution? It is one of the games that I cannot configure

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CPS-1 & CPS-2 can be finicky. Using Wiimote only, launch armored Warriors, press Home/ select Input. Now make sure User 1 Device Type is RetroPad and Analog to Digital Type is Left Analog.

If all is good here, make sure all User Device Index are correct, this likely could be the issue. If everything looks correct on your end please post back to confirm.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is the samples i used on the modded snes mini
https://file.io/JUsrtSbnokTB

If you are using the SS-HEX mod pack i put together, samples path is...

dev:/private/ARMOD/system/mame2003-plus

For RA 1.7.6 MAME 2003 Plus mod cores that Wiimpathy released, path is...

dev:/retroarch/system/mame2003-plus/samples

thanks for your help once again, i've tried the sample i provided, along with the 300+ MB sample that is in the .78 romset. the music doesn't load in RA-hexaceo or wiimpathy cores. could it be the sample or my placement of it?

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also tried with no success. I read on it some, from my understanding, MJ, NBA Jam and some other OST samples will only work for with an upgraded (mod) of MAME 2003 Plus. I did pull the wav files from the sample you provided, it would have been sweet to play with that background music

@grandosegood

Reactions: grandosegood

Ken-Hidaka

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I did that step and nothing, in fact, that Armored Warriors game comes from the start with its own configuration, a fist button and the jump and lazer button are united and the super special is activated, it hurts a good game and this error appears only in that game, I hope you try the game in question and use this emulator Capcom_CPS-2. thank you very much for everything =)

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will sen you my armored warriors configuration fil for input. Give me a minute to upload.
Post automatically merged:

@Ken-Hidaka

@Ken-Hidaka

I just tested on a different CPS-2 core and input is working correct, i see what you mean, theHexaeco core does indeed have an input issue with this game. I have a few others to test, hopefully one works that can be used. I post here regardless

Edit:
I tested all 3 CPS-2 cores and all have this issue with this game. It is playing correctly with an older RA CPS-2 core i use personally.

I have been contemplating merging my home setup with the RA-Modified release for a complete overhaul. It will definitely be a frankenstein mosh but it will be much better than the current filth the Wii receives from RA.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

Ken-Hidaka

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I will sen you my armored warriors configuration fil for input. Give me a minute to upload.

@Ken-Hidaka

@Ken-Hidaka

I just tested on a different CPS-2 core and input is working correct, i see what you mean, theHexaeco core does indeed have an input issue with this game. I have a few others to test, hopefully one works that can be used. I post here regardless

Edit:
I tested all 3 CPS-2 cores and all have this issue with this game. It is playing correctly with an older RA CPS-2 core i use personally.

I have been contemplating merging my home setup with the RA-Modified release for a complete overhaul. It will definitely be a frankenstein mosh but it will be much better than the current filth the Wii receives from RA.
Hello, thank you for the help and the file you sent me but still the problem is not solved, I cannot configure the buttons with that game, I hope it can be solved in the future, thanks for everything =)

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, updates are up.

RA-Modified pack has been removed and replaced by RA-Frankenstein. This RA emulator pack is a combination of older and newer cores with focus on compatibility and speed. I have tested and played thoroughly so there should not be any conflicts with the 80 cores included, if you experience issues, please post. It is not perfect but hopefully updated/better cores come along to replace the few that have sound issues or missing save/load states. Having this much emulation under one RA hood with focus on compatibility and speed, this is the best Wii option.

Credits go to: @Wiimpathy for his arcade cores, @SaulFabre and @ploggy for their compiled cores.

---

SS-Hexaeco Mod has a minor update as well. FBNEO has been added for a little bit extra compatibility (Carrier Air Wing/US Navy).

RA-Frankenstein CPS-2 core will play Armored Warriors with correct input @Ken-Hidaka or anyone else. Enjoy!

Edit:
One thing i forgot to include/mention!!!

If you save a game input remap configuration, the default location should be...
dev:/retroarch/remaps/core folder/game.rmp

If you cannot find your saved remap file, try looking in...
dev:/apps/retroarch-wii/core folder/game.rmp
OR
dev:/core folder/game.rmp

I think this is isolated to a few MAME 2003-Plus cores but wanted to give a heads up.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre has compiled a fully stable and full speed GBA gpSP (RA 1.8.1) core.

I have tested this core thoroughly and it is the equivalent to stand alone mGBA as far as speed, 60 fps on every "heavy game" i threw at it.

Stability is also great, tested at least 50 games and multi-session tests, only 1 incident. This is 99 percentile for RA-Wii. Save and Load states are working 100%.

32mb large games do work but the games must be extracted. I also noticed audio is a little different on a few games. Overall this is a top tier RA core that has never been "playable" on the Wii before.

Attachments

• gpSP GBA.zip
    1 MB · Views: 12

RunningSnakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello,everyone ,my question is ,this cores mame2003a,b,c,d,e,f.. can be use in wiiflow plugins?what ini file like?

Yes, these are the MAME 2003 Plus cores included in the WFL plugins pack distribution. Here are the .ini files along with the compatibility list.

Attachments

• MAME 2003-Plus (WFL).zip
    25.3 KB · Views: 7

Shadow-Zero

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
FBA 2012 (0.2.97.28) romset. The CPS2 roms are fully compatible, i believe i have 58 verified working.

Truthfully though, in my experience with FBA sets, most roms are interchangeable. I believe i have 4 FBA and 2 FBNEO romsets, many are the exact same dump now as they were 12 - 15 years ago. Just about anything you throw at it will most likely boot.
On Archive.org I see v0.2.97.24, is that (also) a good pick? Else it's getting in the FBA 2016 romsets (.39 and higher).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.