Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

tombi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why does PCSX ReARMed only look for 3 specific BIOS files? There are much more BIOSes for Playstation 1:
- DTLH-3000.bin
- DTLH-3002.bin
- SCPH-1000.bin
- SCPH-1001.bin
- SCPH-5000.bin
- SCPH-5500.bin
- SCPH-5502.bin
- SCPH-7000.bin
- SCPH-7003.bin
- SCPH-7502.bin

Where could I report this to the developers of PCSX ReARMed to add support for the other BIOS files?

Jaxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
need help with gpsp
the speed is perfect but at the very top of the game screen there is always a little line that is flickering always
how can i make it dissapear?

@Jaxon i love you thank you i will try it!
EDIT: IT WORKED WOHOOOO thanks! do you have recommendations how i could set my settings? mslug is 50-60fps but its not smooth...
is there a way to enable blood?

Glad to hear it :)

Ya know honestly, I'm pretty much a noob here- learning as I go ya know? I'm just doing what I can to educate myself so I'm not completely ignorant lol.

As for that line flickering in gPsP, it's a bug that appeared in version 1.3.4 and is present in all versions above it. Use 1.3.3 if you don't want to see the line flickering.

As for enabling blood, you may want to ask someone more knowledgeable than myself. It would have to be via cheat file, and I'm not sure which Retroarch cores are compatible with cheats (if any). I see an option for cheats in the Neo Geo menu, so I'd just try googling a tutorial on how to set up the cheat files, or see if anyone has pre-made cheats available to download.

Can't really help much with optimization I'm afraid. I can only share my own settings you could try- some of these may not even have any affect one way or the other, but I'll list them all the same:

Keep diagnostics off in Quick Menu, CPU speed overclocked at 110.

Use DSP firmware Dumper in HBC to dump the file, then in Retroarch go to this path Settings>Driver>Audio Driver and set to "dsp".

Under Settings>Video go to Video Filter and press "start" to ensure No video filter applied.

HW Bilinear Filtering- On
V-sync- On
Hard GPU sync- On
Crop Overscan (Reload)- On

Reactions: focusonme

focusonme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow! first of all thank your for all the information and help!
i installed 1.3.3 gpsp and now the line flickering is gone almost completely!

thank you for the neo geo optimizations! metal slug1 runs better then before almost perfect! but when i play metal slug 2 it is so slow :(

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Why does PCSX ReARMed only look for 3 specific BIOS files? There are much more BIOSes for Playstation 1:
- DTLH-3000.bin
- DTLH-3002.bin
- SCPH-1000.bin
- SCPH-1001.bin
- SCPH-5000.bin
- SCPH-5500.bin
- SCPH-5502.bin
- SCPH-7000.bin
- SCPH-7003.bin
- SCPH-7502.bin

Where could I report this to the developers of PCSX ReARMed to add support for the other BIOS files?

Because in the end, adding more than the quintessential PS1 BIOS that virtually everyone should have by now is... questionable at best.
There's virtually no difference in the BIOS past USA, EUR, and JAP.

After all, we're looking more at speed than accuracy here. This IS a low-powered ARM device...

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
The OP really should be updated to say:

INSTALL 1.3.3. STABLE

That would definitely cut down on a lot of the confusion here from new users who have downloaded the latest, bugged releases. You know, until they manage to fix the tearing issues. :wub:

hmp22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't get CPS2 games to work, I get a message about failing to load the audio driver -> continuing without audio, then a crash to home menu. Are there files I need to get like an audio driver and/or BIOS or something?

Games I tried were Marvel VS Capcom and D&D Chronicles of Mystara

Khangaroo

$ORIGINALTITLE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get CPS2 games to work, I get a message about failing to load the audio driver -> continuing without audio, then a crash to home menu. Are there files I need to get like an audio driver and/or BIOS or something?

Games I tried were Marvel VS Capcom and D&D Chronicles of Mystara
Did you try dumping DSP and switching to it?

hmp22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you kindly, I'll try that and report back.

edit: unfortunately this had no effect, same error message and same crash. I also tried setting it to null, as well as disabling audio entirely. Same crash every time

Last edited by hmp22,

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand it's unlikely it'll ever get a reasonable improvement from this point forward.
They OP says you can get it to near full speed with those tricks but they don't bring the games to near fullspeed, even with frame skip. It's pretty depressing :/

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get Marvel vs Capcom to work on RetroArch? I tried the FBA version of the ROM (not the MAME version) and it crashes to the home screen every time I try. I tried both the CPS1 and CPS2 emulators and they do the same thing. I tried Marvel Vs Capcom 2 but I could not find it in FBA format (only in MAME). I really want to play this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it