Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
not entirely i haven't tried using it too hard, only tried loading a config and it didn't work, however my post was directly referencing in the OP.

Thank you for your replying, i do appreciate it, otherwise id probably still be frustrating over it thinking i was doing it wrong.

Also i just noticed who you were, so thank you for all your work towards the code as well.

Ehh. Beg you a pardon? Thank you for what code? :)

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
err? that was directed to aliaspider, as i noticed his name in the github....or? im a bit confused, did i make a mistake somewhere?

Nah, no. Then it's fine. I read that you thanked op for his great work :)

If this "Also i just noticed who you were, so thank you for all your work towards the code as well." had been under the aliaspider quote it would have make sense. Now your quote was for the op :)

Last edited by SLiV3R,

Cephiros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, no. Then it's fine. I read that you thanked op for his great work :)

If this "Also i just noticed who you were, so thank you for all your work towards the code as well." had been under the aliaspider quote it would have make sense. Now your quote was for the op :)

good point, i understand the confusion now and the original post has been edited to make better sense. Thank you, and also, now that you mention it, if the OP does still read this i wish to thank him for his work putting everything together as well :).

Reactions: SLiV3R

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, been a while since I looked at this Thread. Has the CIA Build Issue been Fixed for those using GW where you run the CIA Core, but once it gets you to the Menu, you cant do anything but only watch the Frame Counter go Up or Exit? Or is the 3DSX Builds the only way to go still?

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well using o3ds and with mixed results with Picodrive (cia build), some basic games have dips in framerate. Well at least the 3 I want to play run perfect (Phantasy Star2,3,4).

I tried sms roms in both Pico and Gens but the framerate really is choppy or slow.

Any other option for sms on o3ds?

EDIT: Disabling audio sync on Gens allowed me to run Phantasy Star 1 on sms perfectly.

Last edited by MKKhanzo,

haazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, been a while since I looked at this Thread. Has the CIA Build Issue been Fixed for those using GW where you run the CIA Core, but once it gets you to the Menu, you cant do anything but only watch the Frame Counter go Up or Exit? Or is the 3DSX Builds the only way to go still?

I'm using GW Emunand with the CIA and don't have any issues.

Reactions: Smoker1

haazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Smoker1

10.6 Emunand with 3.71 Gateway. I boot into Gateway through menuhax with the gw.3dsx. I update to a new cia nightly weekly. I have a couple videos of what I run all launch from Gateway mode.

Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. It is possible that being on the Latest EmuNAND is making the difference and correcting the problem. The RA Devs are probably basing their Build on the Latest FW Version in order to have better Access which is not allowed in the 9.2 FW/GW FW. Guess I might have to Update my EmuNAND in order to see if it works. From what I read, GW EmuNAND works up to 10.6 so who knows

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here's a poor video that I recorded myself last night of Resident Evil 3 running on PCSX with dynarec, on a N3DS.

It runs quite good if I say so!
When the barrel blows up, it does the same slowdown effect that my old computer did when running it too. :P

Thank you for taking the time to do the video!

Reactions: Classicgamer

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Here's a poor video that I recorded myself last night of Resident Evil 3 running on PCSX with dynarec, on a N3DS.

Pcsx is close to fullspeed. Around 20% faster and it will probably be fullspeed for most games. I hope that @aliaspider or some other extremely elite guy makes this happen :)

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's not, it's been around for quite some time now.
Dynarec is available for people with 9.2 sysNAND N3DS systems, and only for the CIA version.
Shoot! I have a nightly from a week or two ago and was hoping I could coax more speed out of castlevania sotn. Seems like I'll have to wait for the next round of handhelds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock