Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just got done going through my NeoGeo set. I found four problematic games that won't load. I just wanted to get confirmation from someone else:

Bang Bang Busters
Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon
Irritating Maze
Strikers

What Vague Rant said, also Irritating Maze doesn't work in any FBA (we're not missing much either really). Strikers..? There's 4 games - 1945 I/II/III, well if it's one of those they're vertical shooters so there's the screen rotation issue anyway. Plus shouldn't have that problem, will check that one in a bit..
EDIT: Strikers 1945 Plus works fine: remember it's a monster size (up there with Metal Slug 3) so will take some time to load, and also has crippling slowdown (in the actual arcade too, poorest game of the series by far)

Last edited by mightymuffy,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Well that's true. No emulator is gnna be perfect that's what I always say

haha yeah, we're still looking for accurate emulation for SNES on PC. 3DS emulators are still too young.

Is a shame that the only usable SNES emulator for 3DS has such poor compatibility, but at least there's one. I hope pocketSNES grows fast on 3DS. I mean, it was a SNES emulator for GBA.

Reactions: fmkid

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
haha yeah, we're still looking for accurate emulation for SNES on PC. 3DS emulators are still too young.

Is a shame that the only usable SNES emulator for 3DS has such poor compatibility, but at least there's one. I hope pocketSNES grows fast on 3DS. I mean, it was a SNES emulator for GBA.
Staplebutter is working on blargsnes again :D

Reactions: Osakasan

DarknessMonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hello guys, new here. Searched around but coudnt find an answer: is there a way to play PSX games without installing RetroArch as a *cia? Thanks in advance.

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well im using
Catsfc Plus
Final Burn Alpha
Fceumm
Gambattle
Genesis Plus GX
Gpsp
MAME 2000
Nxengine
Playstation
Pico drive

On the 8th November nightly because I'm encountering some freeze menu while playing games and it's just weird

Are you still getting the menu error? I just hit it on the most recent nightlies, and it seems to have broken every earlier version as well (up till the 8th, which works fine). Probably unrelated, but gpsp now randomly crashes most of the time, which it didn't before (I'd played metroid fusion for ~3hrs without issues, but now every game I play crashes after 30-40 seconds).

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Are you still getting the menu error? I just hit it on the most recent nightlies, and it seems to have broken every earlier version as well (up till the 8th, which works fine). Probably unrelated, but gpsp now randomly crashes most of the time, which it didn't before (I'd played metroid fusion for ~3hrs without issues, but now every game I play crashes after 30-40 seconds).
That happen to me with monster Rancher Advance the random freezing too after I won a battle and then I just went back to the 8th November nightly and no more

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That happen to me with monster Rancher Advance the random freezing too after I won a battle and then I just went back to the 8th November nightly and no more
Hm. I get freezes with all my games, and I'm currently on november 8th aswell. If you have it, could you try the english-patched mother 3 (that one crahses the fastest for me) and see if it works?

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hm. I get freezes with all my games, and I'm currently on november 8th aswell. If you have it, could you try the english-patched mother 3 (that one crahses the fastest for me) and see if it works?

Seeing it's 32MB in size I would say it's because it's huge file and I once had a 32MB rom (Pokemon Flora Sky) and they made my 3DS produce some weird sounds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    im gonna puke
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Laughing face + 2
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    finally, a zelda game where you play as zelda
    it only took 40 years
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @The Real Jdbye, They finally got the naming convention right.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now lets rename all of the old Zelda games to The Legend of Link. Lol.
    they kinda did that with zelda 2 at least it had link in the title
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ssDGBTssUI