Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Savior-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its posible work on O3DS this?

• *fb alpha cps1 (Capcom Playsystem 1 emulator)-
  • *fb alpha cps2 (Capcom Playsystem 2 emulator)-
Give up on retroarch running properly on o3ds. Not gonna happen. Those emulators will get you around 20fps. For consoles, use bubble2k16's nes/pce/gen/snes emulators and mame2000 on retroarch for those old games like digdug.

roytam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Give up on retroarch running properly on o3ds. Not gonna happen. Those emulators will get you around 20fps. For consoles, use bubble2k16's nes/pce/gen/snes emulators and mame2000 on retroarch for those old games like digdug.
what about GBA? (and no VC inject is not an option here)

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about GBA? (and no VC inject is not an option here)
If you have twloader it has GBARunner2 built in, all you have to do is have a folder at the root of your sd called gba and place all your games inside that folder with your gba bios renamed to bios.bin. some games have to be patched to allow saving, but it works good on my o3ds

roytam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If you have twloader it has GBARunner2 built in, all you have to do is have a folder at the root of your sd called gba and place all your games inside that folder with your gba bios renamed to bios.bin. some games have to be patched to allow saving, but it works good on my o3ds
GBARunner in TWLoader doesn't work for me (white screens).
GBARunner in DSONE works, but the Pokemon Hacks I want to play don't work(freeze in opening movie or title screen).
mGBA works but too slow on O3DS.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBARunner in TWLoader doesn't work for me (white screens).
GBARunner in DSONE works, but the Pokemon Hacks I want to play don't work(freeze in opening movie or title screen).
mGBA works but too slow on O3DS.
have you tried it lately? there was a release of TWLoader like 5 days ago, also, did you install all of the cia files stored in SD:/_nds/twloader/cias?

roytam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
have you tried it lately? there was a release of TWLoader like 5 days ago, also, did you install all of the cia files stored in SD:/_nds/twloader/cias?
Tested 3 days ago. and cia files are installed with FBI install all option before testing.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested 3 days ago. and cia files are installed with FBI install all option before testing.
what did you mean by you get a white screen? in a ds game? if so you need to set mario kart ds as the donor rom, as for gbarunner you have to press start in twloader and select rom type and go to "Gameboy Advance Start GBARunner2"

roytam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
what did you mean by you get a white screen? in a ds game? if so you need to set mario kart ds as the donor rom, as for gbarunner you have to press start in twloader and select rom type and go to "Gameboy Advance Start GBARunner2"
already set MKDS as donor ROM and Pokemon Platinum is working fine.
I don't insert any cartridge and I press Start button in cartridge slot -> Select ROM Type -> GBA, then white screens.

Reactions: wicksand420

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
already set MKDS as donor ROM and Pokemon Platinum is working fine.
I don't insert any cartridge and I press Start button in cartridge slot -> Select ROM Type -> GBA, then white screens.
It might be broken in the latest version, i just tried on mine and it booted my r4i, I'll have to ask Robz8

UltraViolent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, I'm (still) having problems with the GBA emulator ( "this core requires a content file" ), and the interface still freezes when navigating. (I'm on new 3ds, tested the official and nightly builds).

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I'm (still) having problems with the GBA emulator ( "this core requires a content file" ), and the interface still freezes when navigating. (I'm on new 3ds, tested the official and nightly builds).
That's strange, since the nightlies (not release) fixed the freezing. Also, for gpsp, did you remember the GBA BIOS file?

UltraViolent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They are just as visible as the new versions.
Go to https://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/
Pick a version number.
Go to /nintendo/3ds/
Done.
There aren't versions below 1.6.7 :-/

EDIT: I've tried the latest nightly build. Now the interface works fine . Sadly, the GBA emulator (still) doesn't work (even so, thank you. That's progress ♡♡)

Last edited by UltraViolent,

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's available on the 3DS now.

The standalone Neo Geo core still sounds bad, but I tried the big FB Alpha cia and Neo Geo games sound fine on that. Huh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.