Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

enhasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a specific nightly that is worth using or is the stable build still the way to go?
Still get awful screen-tearing on GBA and SNES games. Can't see myself playing anything but RPGs at the current state.

the_muteKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So way back when I was complaining about lag on PC-Engine CD stuff. Turns out that only happens when the emulator is playing CD Audio. (New 3DS, trying to play Drac X on a BIN/CUE format. CIA version of the game.)
Anything I can do to get the audio streaming to be faster, short of using a different SD card?

Helix Fossil

DQ Fan Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to mod PocketSNES into its own virtual console that games can be injected into like what's been done with blargSNES? It'd be great to have special chip SNES games as their own icons on the home menu like Dreamland 3 and SMRPG, which run fullspeed on New 3DS.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PCE doesn't run well on O3DS.

The only playable O3DS PC Engine emulation is on CFW via ROM injection into the official PCE VC, but this solution has limited compatibility. PC Engine CD emulation is out of the question for O3DS.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
PCE doesn't run well on O3DS.

The only playable O3DS PC Engine emulation is on CFW via ROM injection into the official PCE VC, but this solution has limited compatibility. PC Engine CD emulation is out of the question for O3DS.

yeah, i noticed... i dont really get why though, when nitrografx on the original DS runs most games at fullspeed, how come this cant be replicated on 3ds?

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think Mednafen PC Engine is supposed to be very accurate (hence the slower speed) whereas the PCE VC emulator is regarded to be less accurate and surprisingly buggy (despite having a feature-rich front end).

Perhaps there should be a call for a port of nitrografx (specifically for O3DS users)..? Enough demand? Feasable? I have no idea..

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think Mednafen PC Engine is supposed to be very accurate (hence the slower speed) whereas the PCE VC emulator is regarded to be less accurate and surprisingly buggy (despite having a feature-rich front end).

Perhaps there should be a call for a port of nitrografx (specifically for O3DS users)..? Enough demand? Feasable? I have no idea..

i mean, i get that the retroarch team wants accuracy and nitrografx has some sound issues, but as far as o3ds is concerned, this is never going work out.
tbh, o3ds' only chance is people working on standalone optimized emulator ports

Reconzero51

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello
I am stupid, i cannot see the CIAs, anyone can point me to a link?

Also, snes9x2005 nightly gives me a weird vsync issue, it-s not updating the whole screen right, shall i revert to the stable?

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
I was about to ask exactly the same

I haven't updated the .cias since the last stable build. Has there been some improvement? Are the lastest nightlies worthy of installing? Any performance improvements on the o3DS side?

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well...

I know i'm not in position to claim anything since i'm anything but a programmer.

But seriously how come the o3DS is still being ignored?

Because there hasn't been a single developer that want to do heavy modifications to the cores.

Also nowadays, no one is working on fixing the bugs of the actual cores.

This was being maintained only by Aliaspider but he disappeared.

Last edited by AtlasFontaine,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: That's truly a 9D64B8_14A2C6A294CA2_000.ppm moment (please help i am addicted to TJAaRP)