Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

SquallDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi i'm new with this emulator i can't make the cps1-2 and neogeo to work, i read in the first post that to make it work i Have to make an XML file i don't know how to do it pls i need help

Last edited by SquallDS,

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
An XML file is only required for the MAME and Final Burn Alpha cores (3dsx versions) - the stand alone CPS and Neo Geo cores should be fine as they are.

You could be having an issue with your ROMs or possibly a lack of appropriate BIOS files in the right places. Do you have the neogeo.zip in the same place as your compressed Neo Geo game files, for example?

I think the opening post of this thread might have info good for beginners, if you haven't checked that yet..

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mame 2000 can take care of a lot of the CPS1 and Neo Geo library, and that needs the MAME 0.37b5 romset. That one will need an xml file to run though.

SquallDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I give up with cps games i can't make them work, is there a way to enter in the options of the NeoGeo games or in the console mode

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MAME games can run full speed on N3DS depending on the rom - and factors affecting that include the tech of the original arcade board being emulated, the age of the game (older means faster, broadly speaking), the version of the rom. Search 'mame 2000 archive' for options to obtain the correct romset for that core. Many games work great, some don't.

I don't know about how to navigate the further options - I don't think the method to do so is consistent across the arcade emulators, unfortunately.

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry if this question is already answered, but I need to know if is possible to read roms from neo geo and cps2 cores faster? games running at full speed in my n3ds but the boot loading time is really slow, (my micro sd is class 10 btw).

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Larger / multi-part ROMs will take longer to load - there's no getting around that, unfortunately. Fast SD cards won't help either as as far as the 3DS is concerned around Class 4 is optimal - the only benefit with using cards with faster read/write speeds is lessening the time spent transferring data on to them in the first place.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Larger / multi-part ROMs will take longer to load - there's no getting around that, unfortunately. Fast SD cards won't help either as as far as the 3DS is concerned around Class 4 is optimal - the only benefit with using cards with faster read/write speeds is lessening the time spent transferring data on to them in the first place.

Is this a hardware limitation or a firmware restriction? What I mean is, could we theoretically use CFW to "boost" this card speed limit?

Don't mind me if I'm completely wrong in thinking that though, just not too familiar with this.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

RSRazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any particular reason Stella hasn't been ported?
PSV and PSTV has it ported already, and being the 2600 I would assume that the O3DS is more than capable of handling it at full framerate.
I would port it myself if I knew WTF I was doing XD

So I guess consider this a request for Stella, namely for O3DS.

Also, will these CIAs work with A9LH 11.0+? This is where things are kinda confusing.

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any particular reason Stella hasn't been ported?
PSV and PSTV has it ported already, and being the 2600 I would assume that the O3DS is more than capable of handling it at full framerate.
I would port it myself if I knew WTF I was doing XD

So I guess consider this a request for Stella, namely for O3DS.

Also, will these CIAs work with A9LH 11.0+? This is where things are kinda confusing.

If you can install CIA files, then yes, they will work. But it's generally recommended to use the 1.3.3 stable versions for now, since there's some graphical errors with later versions after that. Also, keep in mind that the gpSP core has a broken dynarec, which means it'll crash at random.

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything special that needs to be done to use DSP? Do I need to use DSP dumper and do something with the file created for Retroarch to take advantage of it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Sentinel of the stary skies