Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
One little weird thing on ps1 emulation. In the Legend of Mana Title Screen fps is a stable 59.887 (or whatever fullspeed is). But the audio stutters anyway. Why is that? When I skip the intro movie on Legend of Mana the game crashes unfortunately.

This ps1 emulator is nearly playable. Just some speedboost, 20-30%, and many games would be fullspeed! :)

Reactions: cearp

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The only thing that could really be done is implementing GPU acceleration. I can't see that happening though because it's a large undertaking - probably a little bit beyond the scope of porting libretro.

Reactions: SLiV3R

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
The only thing that could really be done is implementing GPU acceleration. I can't see that happening though because it's a large undertaking - probably a little bit beyond the scope of porting libretro.

Perhaps it is a large undertake... But if that would mean ps1 games in fullspeed, I hope someone thinks that it would be worth the trouble :)

Is GPU acceleration=hardware acceleration?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah. The only emulator on the 3DS I'm aware of that uses GPU acceleration is blargSnes.

The issue with regards to Retroarch is it would have to be core-specific -GPU acceleration for PCSX wouldn't work for any of the other cores.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Charganium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gpsp keeps locking up and forcing a reboot after about a minute of use. On 9.2 n3DS with 10.4 emunand. Using latest nightly CIA. Doesn't happen with gambatte or pcsx.u

Edit: seems to only happen with an idle fix patched ROM of Drill Dozer

Tested some more, it also happens with the normal Drill Dozer ROM and the 3DSX build, but not when playing any other games. Does anyone have an earlier nightly I could try? And could someone test whether Drill Dozer crashes on their system?

Rob Tree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there supposed to be screen tearing still in the Picodrive emulator? It's really jarring. (Using N3DS Reinand 10.4)

Rob Tree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's screen tearing in several emulators I think. the last build I noticed to not have this (by default?) is Nov23.
Do you still possibly have the .cia build to that file? If not, I suppose I'll just have to rough it until a fix occurs.
Do you have Vsync enabled? I don't have any tearing, though I'm on o3DS. If that doesn't work, you can try out GPU hard sync.
GPU hard sync doesn't fix anything. V-sync is enabled. However, Bilinear Filtering does stop the tearing but I don't like the smeary vaseline effect that occurs.

Last edited by Rob Tree,

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting some very localized... "tearing" in the gPSP core, on the upper left section of the screen. But only with the GBA core and performance is perfect otherwise. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm running a N3DS with 9.2 sysNAND/10.4 emuNAND and ReiNAND 3.2.

Reactions: Garcia98

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I have a lot of screen tearing as well on genesis emulation. Mega Turrican for example. But I haven't noticed any screen tearing on PocketSNES, fceumm, ps1 etc.

@sj33 I think MasterFeizz is also working on hardware acceleration on his Quake 1 port.

Rob Tree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be a screen tearing bonanza all of a sudden. :unsure:
there's screen tearing in several emulators I think. the last build I noticed to not have this (by default?) is Nov23.
As I said before HW Bilinear Filter fixes the tearing but at the cost of smearing vaseline all over the nice pixely graphics. The Nov build didn't fix the issue, unfortunately. :sad:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo