Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will you by chance be adding cheat support in the future?
That might be a possibility in the future, but a lot of the cores currently need cheats support implemented

@the RetroArch team:
love the project=)

now forgive my naivety as im definitely no coder, but would it be possible to add some sort of argv protocol to all the cores, so that individual games could be direct booted (via postLoader, and if i recall correctly usbloaderGX and wiiflow).

as it is, when i try to boot a game directly (through postLoader's emulator plugin option) it takes me to the emulator instead of booting the game (only tried with the FBA core).
That is very possible. In fact, I believe the PS3 port already supports this through MultiMan. I'll look into adding it for the next release.

Also, to the man complaining about no sound in the opening to the CPS1/CPS2 games: Most arcade games don't have sound by default in attract mode, and you might be able to change it from the service menu (L + R + Start + Select)

Reactions: 3 people

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I am having problems booting marvel vs capcom, i am getting an Error loading ROM error (it might be the rom thought, if anyone can help me with this, please send me a PM)

starwarsfan541

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I love the Snes Emulator core this morning and love it, I cant wait to get some FBA roms and put this in my arcade cabinet also will the next release have a version of MAME in it and will we ever see a 32x core (I've always wondered why I haven't seen one for the Wii)
Keep up the good work

Reactions: 1 person

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will you by chance be adding cheat support in the future?
That might be a possibility in the future, but a lot of the cores currently need cheats support implemented

@the RetroArch team:
love the project=)

now forgive my naivety as im definitely no coder, but would it be possible to add some sort of argv protocol to all the cores, so that individual games could be direct booted (via postLoader, and if i recall correctly usbloaderGX and wiiflow).

as it is, when i try to boot a game directly (through postLoader's emulator plugin option) it takes me to the emulator instead of booting the game (only tried with the FBA core).
That is very possible. In fact, I believe the PS3 port already supports this through MultiMan. I'll look into adding it for the next release.

oh man... yes, being able to boot the games through loaders would be AWESOME... that would be great... especially if mame got added to this... :D

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This emulator is so bad ass! Last night I was playing Castlevania harmony of dissonance and the game ran better then VBA GX! No slowdown or lag at all! The FPS is amazing. I do have a gripe and it's a minor one. I hate how the roms have to "Unzip" in order to play the roms. I like to play my games zipped because it saves space on my 4gb SD card. Other then that I am amazed by this. Thanks guys, you rocketh!

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
I am having problems booting marvel vs capcom, i am getting an Error loading ROM error
OK, about MvsC it needed a child version.

Also, to the man complaining about no sound in the opening to the CPS1/CPS2 games: Most arcade games don't have sound by default in attract mode, and you might be able to change it from the service menu (L + R + Start + Select)
Sorry if it sounded as a complain rather than a report. Your suggestion worked, Thanks for the emulator, I will try to keep my mouth shut now for once hehe

catuligbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Very Thanks for give us great emu, CPS1-2 at least very thanks, NeoGeo roms >30MB can be wait but if possible add in future versions mame core its a big deal, another core with give a chance although not run properly its a psx core

again repeat very thanks for efforts :yayps3: (my psx controller with gc converter on wii and I, gratefull with your work)

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone gotten doom/doom2 to work? no matter what wad files i try it ALWAYS just codedumps... im not sure what im doing wrong...

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
has anyone gotten doom/doom2 to work? no matter what wad files i try it ALWAYS just codedumps... im not sure what im doing wrong...

It's working for me. Copy the folder inside retroarch-wii/additional-files/doom in the root of your SD/USB. Inside there's 2 files prboom.wad and prboom-soundtrack-list.txt, just add your doom.wad or doom2.wad (and if you want music add the correct structure of mp3 files in the same folder). Then just start RetroArch GX, select the prboom.dol core, restart RetroArch and now navigate to doom folder and select your wad, that's all.

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanna give a big thanks to the authors. Ever since I first discovered emulators on the Wii, I've hoped that I can someday play my fave CPS2 4 player beat em up, Dungeons and Dragons. Not only does it work, it's silky smooth. Now I just need to figure out what the D button is. :rofl:

I did notice some weird colouring changes during the gameplay, I'm not sure if it was my TV or the emulator. Other than that, it worked great.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wanna give a big thanks to the authors. Ever since I first discovered emulators on the Wii, I've hoped that I can someday play my fave CPS2 4 player beat em up, Dungeons and Dragons. Not only does it work, it's silky smooth. Now I just need to figure out what the D button is. :rofl:

I did notice some weird colouring changes during the gameplay, I'm not sure if it was my TV or the emulator. Other than that, it worked great.

The controls are hooked up in the wrong order right now for the Dungeons & Dragons games because they differ from the standard CPS2 layout. I've known about this issue for a while but I guess I have been too lazy to fix it.

Will finally get down to it now I suppose.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to get a forwarder channel or possible a hybrid one that's self updating? I'm not very artistic albeit I have a vivid imagination and I don't know how to make the second choice :( still I'm curently playing "Star Ocean SNES English Translation" rwar!

-To truely appreciate a series you have to start from when it counts most of the time it's the 1st sometimes it's the 7th(ff)

EDIT: What format does sega cd games need to be in; just a plain IOS or will I need the BIN/CUE files? Sorry if this is obvious I didn't see sega cd listed as a compatible emulator albeit it was stated it is supported :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to get a forwarder channel or possible a hybrid one that's self updating? I'm not very artistic albeit I have a vivid imagination and I don't know how to make the second choice :( still I'm curently playing "Star Ocean SNES English Translation" rwar!

-To truely appreciate a series you have to start from when it counts most of the time it's the 1st sometimes it's the 7th(ff)

EDIT: What format does sega cd games need to be in; just a plain IOS or will I need the BIN/CUE files? Sorry if this is obvious I didn't see sega cd listed as a compatible emulator albeit it was stated it is supported :)

You managed to get Star Ocean to run? I thought that crashed on Snes9x Next...

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You managed to get Star Ocean to run? I thought that crashed on Snes9x Next...
I'm not sure about Snes9x Next (this is the 1st time I tried to run this game in any SNES emulator) but yes it's playing fine for me from SD :) has the issue been from playing off USB?

You know the funny thing is I tried playing the PS3 version but I didn't quite grasp the concept so I was doing a random rom search when I found it & decided to see how the original was; kind of like playing FF2 & 3 (nes) stand way the F*** out there and are almost nothing like the previous or later games. :)

EDIT: Randomizer check your pm's shortly

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone, someone knows how to works neo-geo core in my case probe with neorage set and kawaks and not work

From retroArch readme :

- Final Burn Alpha Cores (CPS1 - CPS2 - NeoGeo) [version 0.2.97.26]

you MUST use FBA 0.2.97.26 romset. Winkawaks and NeorageX are not up to date (and neorageX use its own decrypted romset with its own naming convention)
Download FBA 0.2.97.26, generate the dat (arcade only), use it with ClrMamePro or Romcenter and fix your romset...

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, after using this program a while i now have a few questions to the devs or anyone else who can help..

1.with brboom, for music, does it ONLY work with mp3? or is there a way to use it with Timidity as well?

2.with neogeo... ive tested tons of different roms and different sets but having no luck... im having NO problems with cps1-2 do i need the neogeo.zip in a place other than the roms folder?

3.and lastly, one small issue, llike someone else in this thread mentioned, "super street figher 2 tournament battle"(ssf2tb) just gives an error. "terminal check" flashes on the screen

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your NeoGeo roms are crashing, then they're too big to run. If they're giving a "Error Loading Rom" message then you're using the wrong ROM version. Follow Badablek's guide in the post above yours to fix it.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i saw that post, it didnt tell me anything i didnt know already. thanks though... ill just focus on gettin doom music workin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hammer the threads