Homebrew RetroArch - A new multi-system emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
It's actually really easy to use and to get use to; I might make a tutorial today if you'd like me to :D It's actually a very solid emulator and the best for old-school games.

Can you let me know how per core configs work, I don't play GBA games so this is the only thing for me in 1.0 but I cannot get it to work.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BTW edwardbirkholz05 -

when will we see that "DOL loader" sourcecode by our great Team Twizzer pals huh? You know - the big "homebrew/open source" lovers out there?

Come to think of it - WHEN will we see the sourcecode to "Homebrew Channel"? Never huh?

Know why that is? Because this is a pathetic "bullshit" scene that talks the talk when it comes to opensource/homebrew, but doesn't WALK IT.

Am I glad I no longer am around in these cancerous infested scenes with disingenuous people pretending it's all about being "open". Know what it's all about son? It's all about selling dongles and crapware by resellers whom the "scene entrepreneurs" set up the contracts with. Meanwhile giving some spiel about "we protect Nintendo from piracy blablablabla". Just shut up and tell what it's really about dude. You are all bullshitting yourself, your own audience and "making moniez" in the process.

And do you really think I have to look up to you because you can run these "stolen illegal SDKs" that you hate so much through IDA Pro - and then call the "shims" based on that some other name like libogc"? You really think I have to bow down and worship you for that? Get real man. Why do you even think it is so impressive?

And yes, ultimately, all this scene has to show for itself is that you guys profit from copyright infringement. That is all your scene revolves around despite all the cognitive dissonance bullshit you guys spew about "evil pirates " and "anti-piracy protection" in your programs. Hypocrites and self-styled entrepreneurial swindlers. Hell, the text ads trying to sell me "NDS Flashcarts" are hitting me at all sides right now trying to type this. Some "scene".

Oh BTW - I've been "around the block" - I know how your scene operates - I know how one guy from another scene (360 in this case) was making and selling the dongles for the PS3 scene - while simultaneously badmouthing that dongle (ie. "there's no such thing as bad publicity"). So I know how you guys operate. It's the same with this Gateway crap - you are all putting up a big show so your resellers can make big bucks in the process.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you let me know how per core configs work, I don't play GBA games so this is the only thing for me in 1.0 but I cannot get it to work.

I didn't really test it that much yesterday (crazy day), but I'll be home in a little while and I'll give it a good thorough testing. I like that the per-core setting saves the ROM directory, that and custom aspect ratios and so forth and it seemed to work perfectly fine, but I'll let you know for sure.

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
I try to save the rom directory, but when I went to Neo Geo core it was still showing NES roms.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try to save the rom directory, but when I went to Neo Geo core it was still showing NES roms.

Huh....worse case scenario, you can do what I do and put all the ROMs in a single directory, and then each core will list the ROM files they support. Another option would be editing the config file in sd:/retroarch/ and change the ROM browser from "default" to wherever you store the ROMs in the XML file. At least, that's what I did, but as for why that quirk is happening, I honestly don't know. Sorry I don't know much beyond that. I'll keep messing with settings. One other thing, you can try just resetting RetroArch inside the emulator, but again, I'm just as baffled.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't really test it that much yesterday (crazy day), but I'll be home in a little while and I'll give it a good thorough testing. I like that the per-core setting saves the ROM directory, that and custom aspect ratios and so forth and it seemed to work perfectly fine, but I'll let you know for sure.

? It's not doing that.

Rom directory is handled via the path option, it's not handled per core.
It's a global option for all cores.
As I recall you have all your roms in one big folder don't you?

edwardbirkholz05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still fixed nothing, yes - IF WE CAN BELIEVE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY.

Because Nunchuks was never the issue here, remember? It's supposedly some random button press happening at random intervals - which for some reason never happens on my Classic Controller. I suppose you can riddle me that too for some reason.
It was a completely different problem - you mixed up sin and cos and screwed up the classic controller directions. But you also tried to blame that on wiiuse and swore black and blue that it wasn't a bug on your end; at least until someone rubbed your nose in it, then you removed all the evidence (except for that quote because you couldn't). Classy.

But if you can't riddle me that Batman, riddle me this - you can complain a lot about this supposed "issue" being here, but you can't explain what it is. By all means - nobody questions your "bit knowledge" of this "Nintendo console" and no, nobody thinks it's particularly important. It doesn't make you Leibniz, it doesn't make you Tesla, hell, it doesn't even make you Edison for that matter. Either be constructive and educate us all and make me look like a supposed "fool" (in your own mind because I honestly don't care if you know more than me - this isn't about stroking my ego), or just leave. Your little banter is not helping anybody and end-users don't particularly care about it either.
Gee this sounds familiar. I look forward to seeing you edit your posts to not look like an ass when someone does actually post the solution, like you did last time. You haven't even bothered to fix the DPAD handling bug when a nunchuk is connected that Jacobeian pointed out months ago.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BTW edwardbirkholz05 -

when will we see that "DOL loader" sourcecode by our great Team Twizzer pals huh? You know - the big "homebrew/open source" lovers out there?

Come to think of it - WHEN will we see the sourcecode to "Homebrew Channel"? Never huh?

Know why that is? Because this is a pathetic "bullshit" scene that talks the talk when it comes to opensource/homebrew, but doesn't WALK IT.

Am I glad I no longer am around in these cancerous infested scenes with disingenuous people pretending it's all about being "open". Know what it's all about son? It's all about selling dongles and crapware by resellers whom the "scene entrepreneurs" set up the contracts with. Meanwhile giving some spiel about "we protect Nintendo from piracy blablablabla". Just shut up and tell what it's really about dude. You are all bullshitting yourself, your own audience and "making moniez" in the process.

And do you really think I have to look up to you because you can run these "stolen illegal SDKs" that you hate so much through IDA Pro - and then call the "shims" based on that some other name like libogc"? You really think I have to bow down and worship you for that? Get real man. Why do you even think it is so impressive?

And yes, ultimately, all this scene has to show for itself is that you guys profit from copyright infringement. That is all your scene revolves around despite all the cognitive dissonance bullshit you guys spew about "evil pirates " and "anti-piracy protection" in your programs. Hypocrites and self-styled entrepreneurial swindlers. Hell, the text ads trying to sell me "NDS Flashcarts" are hitting me at all sides right now trying to type this. Some "scene".

Oh BTW - I've been "around the block" - I know how your scene operates - I know how one guy from another scene (360 in this case) was making and selling the dongles for the PS3 scene - while simultaneously badmouthing that dongle (ie. "there's no such thing as bad publicity"). So I know how you guys operate. It's the same with this Gateway crap - you are all putting up a big show so your resellers can make big bucks in the process.

I never knew GBA temp was the place to be for the hardcore Wii scene?
This is more like a gaming board if you will.
There are mostly gamers here.
If you want serious help on developing, I think you have to look else were.
No offence, but you are probably talking to the wrong people. ( users of RA, not actual devs. )
I appreciate all the work done so far, and am hoping development will continue in the future.
Do not expect to get techsavvy contructive critisism in the thread.
Let alone solution to some problems people are experiencing.

For instance my post was not intended for you but, to give the RA users a head up on the release.
I am not asking for a fix at all.
Those isseus should be talked about elsewere.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
? It's not doing that.

Rom directory is handled via the path option, it's not handled per core.
It's a global option for all cores.
As I recall you have all your roms in one big folder don't you?

I do, but sometimes when I change to a certain core, it shows different ROMs other than the core I chose, but it's no biggie. I need to test it more, but yeah, I have all ROMs in a single directory. It does remember the directory though, so that too is not a problem.

Too complicated, should just work.

I have my roms in separate folders all i one big rom folder. NES, Neo Geo, CPS1 etc.

Trust me, it's easier to have a big ROM directory, less off a hassle ;)

Charco LibretroRetroArc Have any of you guys tried to hop on http://www.efnet.org using the IRC channel #wiidev by chance? There are a lot of developers that frequent that channel.

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
So basically it is the same as the last release, I set the path option to the main rom folder and navigate to the relevant subfolder for each core. It doesn't actually save a path for each core like I thought it would?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically it is the same as the last release, I set the path option to the main rom folder and navigate to the relevant subfolder for each core. It doesn't actually save a path for each core like I thought it would?

I haven't tried different directories for different cores, I just keep it in one big ROM folder. When I choose a specific core, like Snes, it filters only those games. Ugh. damn, I feel like an idiot for not being able to fully answer :unsure:

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It was a completely different problem - you mixed up sin and cos and screwed up the classic controller directions. But you also tried to blame that on wiiuse and swore black and blue that it wasn't a bug on your end; at least until someone rubbed your nose in it, then you removed all the evidence (except for that quote because you couldn't). Classy.

Bugs can and do happen. And I never covered jack shit up. So getting a few lines mixed up is "impossible" and can't ever be made by any coder huh? Get real son.

Perhaps if you had a public repo (but we know you don't have them because you're "too l33t" for all that shit - am I rite?) we could all be nitpicking over all the stupid mistakes you have made. You learn from it. Try to act like an adult and accept that mistakes can and do happen when you're having to write codebases of this size. If you can't do that, you are really immature right now. I am willing to bet throughout your lifetime (hell, make that this week) you'll make similar screwups at least twice. Go on. Count them. Starting from today.

Gee this sounds familiar. I look forward to seeing you edit your posts to not look like an ass when someone does actually post the solution, like you did last time.

So because I made a typo somewhere and/or mixed up some lines, and somebody points me to it, I should feel ashamed about it and I'm not a "real coder" like you? ROFLcopter. Get real. I never "edited" anything.

Besides, what is your angle right now? Surely it's not about being constructive.

You haven't even bothered to fix the DPAD handling bug when a nunchuk is connected that Jacobeian pointed out months ago.

Jacobeian should learn how things work then and make a Github issue about it. This isn't 1999 anymore. I don't scour every forum looking for "code suggestions" - this is 2014.

Also - to be quite honest with you - I never use the Nunchuk because I honestly don't give a shit about it. I can't think of a more worthless input medium for retro games.

Hell, if it were up to me, I'd remove it - anything to debloat Wii input is fine by my book.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do, but sometimes when I change to a certain core, it shows different ROMs other than the core I chose, but it's no biggie. I need to test it more, but yeah, I have all ROMs in a single directory. It does remember the directory though, so that too is not a problem.

Trust me, it's easier to have a big ROM directory, less off a hassle ;)

Charco LibretroRetroArc Have any of you guys tried to hop on http://www.efnet.org using the IRC channel #wiidev by chance? There are a lot of developers that frequent that channel.

NO NO
Structure man, structure....

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
I see. I'll give up on that one so. I have roms in folders A-Z if there are 800 or so titles in a system's library, could not be arsed scrolling for half an hour to play Super Mario Kart!

Will see if I can at least get aspect ratios and resolutions to save per core tomorrow night, that would be something over 0.9.9 I guess.

edwardbirkholz05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I edited the former two because it was just about your autistic pals wanting to stir up further shit and get shit devolved into even longer-lasting flamewars and I've since learned not to feed into it.

I never edited ANYTHING that would make me look bad. If anything, I always try being truthful about everything. Unlike others, there's no ego to satiate here.

Me covering shit up would be like Malcolm X trying to fight for the rights of white people. Hell son - I even put my logs with various dubious scene people ONLINE for the whole world to read which contained numerous incriminating things. If anything - "hiding shit" is the exact opposite of what I do - I throw it all out there - I am "too open".

And actually, that last post shows how humble i am by admitting I got it wrong. But really, you still want to go on about me mixing up cos and sin- really now? OMG it's the end of the world. I get that you are bitter and all that but this has nothing to do with the current issue and you're just bringing up old shit for the sake of argument. If your precious little Marcan42 friend made every little code quip open source we would find similar fuckups. It's not the end of the world son - I sometimes code late at night - shit happens - it happens to the best of us.

Happens with you too probably during your "ingenius" IDA hackjobs.

BTW - it still didn't fix anything. Let me just repeat that in case it didn't get through to you. If it did - we wouldn't be having this conversation. So - it was a "worthless suggestion" all-around since nobody in their right mind uses the Nunchuk and the discussion wasn't even about that.

So you're basically telling me that a programmer is never allowed to mix up a few lines or else he's a huge fuckup? Get real dude. You've probably made ten thousand similar screwups this past week.

And BTW, quit wasting my time, I have lots of other important things to do other than "get into an argument with Vanity Coder X from the Wii scene". Either you know what is causing this supposed "issue/glitch", or you don't. If you do - you can either run your mouth here and get ignored by me, or you can be constructive and help the users get this fixed once and for all since I quite honestly don't play much on the Wii anymore at this point. Very simple, don't you think? I have the feeling you don't know yourself tho.

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
It appears this new version supports Sengoku 3 on the Neo Geo core! Has anyone tried other larger Neo Geo roms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality