Homebrew RetroArch - A new multi-system emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact nobody in here can even tell me something useful with regards to which SDK I SHOULD be using then if these supposed Wii controls can really be fixed makes me that much less motivated to really be spending a lot more time on this thing when there are much more important platforms like Android and iOS that people are using these days anyway and which require a lot of attention and work as well.

A homebrew scene is only as good as the guys at the top of the totem pole - if they can't feign to give a shit and make sure the development tools are catered to, then everything stops.

Have you had any success talking to people like Tantric or Eke Eke? I feel like they would be the ones to talk to regarding SDK stuff since they've used it successfully in their emulators.

It's a sometimes unfortunate truth that most of us here just aren't skilled enough to help you. But we want to help in whatever way we can. RetroArch is so close to being a nearly perfect, inexpensive classic console emulator (screw pixel perfect accuracy, I want a emulator that plays right and sounds right) for Wii. If there's any way us endusers can help you with the last few hurdles, please let us know.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have you had any success talking to people like Tantric or Eke Eke? I feel like they would be the ones to talk to regarding SDK stuff since they've used it successfully in their emulators.

It's a sometimes unfortunate truth that most of us here just aren't skilled enough to help you. But we want to help in whatever way we can. RetroArch is so close to being a nearly perfect, inexpensive classic console emulator (screw pixel perfect accuracy, I want a emulator that plays right and sounds right) for Wii. If there's any way us endusers can help you with the last few hurdles, please let us know.

Asked here -

https://github.com/ekeeke/Genesis-P...65462c55b0d88e913d0be76#commitcomment-3800094

I am at least friendly with Eke Eke so that helps at least.

Reactions: Hielkenator

Federer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can somebody give me mame 0.78 core dll?, i heard something about compile source but i have no clue how to do that. Thanks.

G0rril4z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm having problem to play FBA roms. I put the roms on the same folder as the NeoGeo bios, select the core and it goes to a black screen saying "Error exception (DSI)", or "Error exception (ISI)". I've just updated my cIOS with Pimp my Wii, but it still give me those errors. The roms are on a external HD. What could this be?

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't act innocent with me.

BTW - any 'PR department' in the world would have long since hung up the phone on your ass - and those phone lines you actually have to pay money for in Holland as you well know. You are not paying jack by comparison to me so I think I have actually been very, very, very patient with you for all this time.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hielkenator: Put a fuckin sock in it will ya.... gawd almighty! :rolleyes:

Libretro: Thanks again for your continued work (maybe Hiel's not worth the effort posting a reply? ;) ). Also, LOVING the Android port for my phone/tablet - the recent update bringing lots of juicy extras with it! I'm sure you're probably sick of the 'when is the Wii version getting MAME' question so I'll wind you up instead with PicoDrive hehe - is a Wii port of this feasible or are we talking big-endian there?

MatioMania

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can it run MAME?

I'm only in to

Super SF2 Turbo/X
Street Fighter Alpha Trlogy
Super Puzzle Fighters Turbo
Street Fighter 2 CE Rainbow Hack
TMNT
TMNT: Arcade

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MAME no (not the Wii port as of yet anyway). All those games are however playable on Final Burn Alpha (not sure about the SFII hack) which is on RetroArch Wii, so yes you can play those games on this ;)

MatioMania

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to download RetroArch GX Ver. 0.9.7.1 I need more space on my SD Card for Version 0.9.9

In version 0.9.7.1 I can't get Arcade ROM's to load like Street Fighter 2, TMNT, GnG...

All saying Error occered doing ROM loading

MatioMania

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I been Hard Testing MAME Rom's on Version 0.9.7.1 So far I got working

I only have a 2GB SD Card, I got it filled up so I can't test Version 0.9.9 yet

I'm using a USB Pen Drive to test

Super SF2 Turbo
Super Gem Fighter
X-men vs Street Fighter
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter
Vampire Slaver 2
Vampire Slaver
Super Puzzle Fighter

Works in Core CPS1 & CPS2

CPS1 Street Fighter 2 WW, CE, Turbo HF, G n G giving me an Error occered doing ROM loading even in CPS1

CPS2 Games giving me an Error

Street Fighter Alpha 2 & 3
Marvel vs Capcom

Diff Hardware

Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat 2
Pac-Man, Ms Pac-Man, Super Pac-Man
Tempest
Galaga, Gal
G n G
Zaxxon
TMNT
TMNT; Arcade Game
Space Invaders

Also when I switch to Core CPS1 to 2, Retro Arch sometimes crashes and gives a Green Screen causing me to Turn off my Wii..my Power Button doesn't work so I have to up plug it

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is the size difference between 0.9.7 and 0.9.9 that big? Why would you use the older one - free up more space man, or better still, I reckon you can quite easily snap up a 16Gb sd card for about $10-$12 - a mate of mine recently bought a 32Gb card for under $17...
0.9.7 doesn't have a regular FBA core if I remember, 0.9.8 onwards do, so that's your different hardware answered...
Next, Final Burn Alpha (0.9.7 especially) retroarch runs on an older version of the emu, and thus requires older roms - look for those specific to the FBA version. Also don't forget you're gonna need the whole parent & child CPS2 roms, particularly for some of the games you mentioned earlier.
I've had CPS1 & 2 games working on RA since 0.9.7, they do work! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D