..retrieve game's header on new3DS ?..how?..

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by puss2puss, Feb 26, 2015.

1. puss2puss
    OP

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    helllllo again all tempers and temperesses!:ph34r:
    ..i have a question about headers on game's cartridge (not sure its wrote like this but you know what i mean..)..for new3DS (..9.0.0-20U..)

I need to know, is there a way to retrieve a game's header without actually making a backup of it? like, a homebrew that would find the header from the game inserted into the 3ds..

If not, is it possible to make a backup, with the new 3ds, using GW's website and launcher.dat ? (..i have a sky3ds btw..) i know its possible with the old 3ds..but not sure about n3ds..
    thanks! ^_^

2. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    GW still doesn't support N3DS. So their launcher is useless for N3DS at this point.

Currently there's two ways to get a header.
    Either dump the game and extract it from the rom (which would require GW's launcher and compatible console) or RAM dumping (which there's a tool available somewhere here in the forum). However I'm not sure if the 2nd option works for N3DS, maybe not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice