OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
The value of Nintendo shares held by Yamauchi, the company’s largest single shareholder and great-grandson of the founder, tumbled as much as 42 billion yen ($540 million) after the stock’s plunge today in Osaka trading. Yamauchi, 83, owned 14.17 million shares, or 10 percent of Kyoto-based Nintendo, as of March 31, according to regulatory data compiled by Bloomberg.

Yamauchi, who ran Nintendo for 53 years, was Japan’s sixth- richest man with an estimated fortune of $4.6 billion
, according to Forbes magazine’s latest rich list. The former owner of the Seattle Mariners baseball team led the Forbes Japan rich list in 2008.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-07-29/n...e-in-stock.html

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
1234turtles said:
could this affect nintendo very badly?

This doesn't affect anything. Seriously, it's just one dude with Nintendo shares being less rich. It doesn't matter for anybody except him.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
1234turtles said:

This doesn't affect anything. Seriously, it's just one dude with Nintendo shares being less rich. It doesn't matter for anybody except him.

i dont know....i can see him walking back into his ex-office at nintendo headquarters and giving iwata a spanking. =[

anyways, it could potentially matter since people may see this as a bad sign and even sell more stocks.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
phantastic91 said:
Nathan Drake said:
1234turtles said:

i dont know....i can see him walking back into his ex-office at nintendo headquarters and giving iwata a spanking. =[

anyways, it could potentially matter since people may see this as a bad sign and even sell more stocks.

The stocks went down in value earlier today, as noted by a previous USN article. Predictably, the guy with an ass ton of stock would have less money. People with less stock just lost less money. It isn't like he is the only shareholder affected by this. It's how the stock market works and is a noted risk when you invest in stock.

Pouring importance into something that doesn't have any ftw?

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
I think some may need a bit of education as to exactly what this guy meant to Nintendo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshi_Yamauchi

He did great stuff, yes. In the long run though, this is just him being less rich. It affects nobody but him. It isn't important in any sense to anybody that isn't him or isn't directly affected by his money.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
>The value of Nintendo's stock drop
>The stocks of a man who has a lot of Nintendo's stocks drops
> Everyone is surprised

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yamauchi has been described as a very hard to approach person, not even too familiar with the nature of the products he was manufacturing at Nintendo, and not the least bit interested in the baseball team that he owns.

He's strictly a business man, even after leaving Nintendo.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
So, in other words, he's out of touch with the current generation? I can relate.
He was out of touch a couple generations ago.
BBC made a documentary about Nintendo a few years back, featuring parts about former president Yamauchi.
But the documentary was kept on Google Video, which has pretty much shut down now.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Why is it every time somebody loses 500 million dollars I'm not the one that finds it
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1