Nintendo's Mario Pressured to Jump to iPhone

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This will never happen. I sooner see them run to another console if they can't keep themselves up again (most likely Sony, japan-biased) to develop software for their console.

But anyway, investors/media are all overreacting, the 3DS does well and with the price drop it will do much better. Then when we will finally see some awesome games, the investors will retract their idiotic statement. Nintendo has a long way to go before they would have to resort to software only, and even then it's probably released on homeconsoles and not an iPhone.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys sorry my bad, I should have said I wasn't just taking about the iphone in general. I was talking about home console and other portable devices like PS vita where their franchise could go to. In general their third party support isn't very good, it that continues I don't think their consoles will ever be selling well.

If they ever did move their franchise to other hardware, true it'd make their console shit. So yes there's not even a chance of that happening.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
Lets be honest, they don't make impressive hardware as they use to so I'd be happy to see their franchise on a more powerful hardware.
What a clear underestimation of hardware.
rofl2.gif

QUOTE(heartgold @ Aug 11 2011, 10:15 AM) Guys sorry my bad, I should have said I wasn't just taking about the iphone in general. I was talking about home console and other portable devices like PS vita where their franchise could go to. In general their third party support isn't very good, it that continues I don't think their consoles will ever be selling well.

If they ever did move their franchise to other hardware, true it'd make their console shit. So yes there's not even a chance of that happening.
What makes their hardware not strong enough and do you think 3rd party support is lacking that much?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What do the investors think will happen when Mario jumps ship to the iPhone?

That's an idiotic move, it would weaken the draw that the Nintendo 3DS has.
"I don't have to buy a DS to play new mario games now!"

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
What do the investors think will happen when Mario jumps ship to the iPhone?

That's an idiotic move, it would weaken the draw that the Nintendo 3DS has.
"I don't have to buy a DS to play new mario games now!"

My thoughts exactly. The investors clearly didn't factor in that Nintendo is a software AND hardware company. To put Mario on IOS would be like saying "We gave up on the 3DS".

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matt382 said:
Nintendo should just make their own smart phone and release a Mario game for that.

Im pretty sure nintendo hates smartphones at this point . I mean they come in and say "Hey guys we made a console that does REAL 3D
biggrin.gif
" and the crowd says "But why no 3G/Flash/Apps >:C". Plus, Smartphones (regardless of how it looks) ARE NOT game consoles they are NOT made to play games. They are made to do basic funtionality for everything. Thats why I think the PSPhone or Xpiria is going to fail, I mean they arent even calling it a PS anymore.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll be 100% honest here, I never EVER want to see Mario on a phone, iPhone, Android, or other. Mario belongs on a Nintendo manufactured system, as soon as he goes onto something else it goes all derp. All I can picture is the news "Mario now on iPhone!" eager gamers clogging the tubes to get to this new game, then being greeted by Mario CDi. Actually... they should do that! I'd laugh so hard! >XD

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see Nintendo as a money hungry company so this wont happen. They strive for success and so for them its a big thing to have their own console and do well by only having their games on it. Going multiformat would be far far too easy for them, they're probably the only developer/publisher who I can rely on releasing at least one stone cold classic a year.

Imagine the sales of Mario Kart if it was on everything! Mario Kart Wii shifted 28 million copies on ONE console!

DxEggman said:
I can see a 3DS revision with phone capabilities in the future...
No way. They never did revisions of consoles that did HD when people wanted them nor have they added DVD video support (Panasonic Cube doesn't count) so they won't cave in to pressure, whats the point? Release a pricey version just with phone capabilities? They know every fucker has a phone anyway.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No buttons... not interested.

Also, I rather spend $50-60 for an actual game, than $2 for a garbage minigame....

If they did bring Mario to Android and iOS, they were probably just port older 2D games, or make useless apps involving Mario.

Sounds like a terrible idea.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
It is interesting to see EVERYBODY forgot Nintendo is ALREADY developing on the iOS platform.

With their TRULY biggest franchise to date...

Pokemon. They are making that iOS Pokedex in Japan, people, did you forget?
tpi.gif

EDIT: DAMN IT Machomuu now I can't say "inb4Ngage".
sad.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo ever brought anything other than worthless apps to the iOS, I'd probably switch over to Sony.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1