Retailer leak hints that Alan Wake is getting a remaster set for release this October

adsadsadad.png

Remedy Entertainment has been enjoying the success of Control for quite a while now, while also working on a brand-new first-person shooter, CrossfireX, set for release later this year. However, it seems that they haven't forgotten their past, as their 2010 cult classic, Alan Wake, might be set for a new release this year. Online retailer Rakuten accidentally posted store page links to a PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S release of Alan Wake Remastered, replete with a release date for October 5th, possibly outing the existence of the game. While nothing has been confirmed yet, industry analyst Daniel "ZhugeEX" Ahmad stated that the game would be announced next week. That means we could likely see it shown off at PlayStation's upcoming showcase on the 9th.

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I loved Alan Wake back in the day. I wonder if it still holds up or it's yet another game that should remain a rosey memory.

I'm up for replaying it either way.
I think it should hold up pretty well, just a matter of how much they improve the textures and performance. I've heard the original release doesn't play so nice with modern hardware for whatever reason.

Reactions: pustal

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I think it should hold up pretty well, just a matter of how much they improve the textures and performance. I've heard the original release doesn't play so nice with modern hardware for whatever reason.

Modern PC hardware or newer Xbox iterations? The game was designed for the 360 hardware and I played it when it came out there. I take such optimization backfired in the PC port at least.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Modern PC hardware or newer Xbox iterations? The game was designed for the 360 hardware and I played it when it came out there. I take such optimization backfired in the PC port at least.
PC version, yeah. I'm not sure how well it plays on XB1/XSX, but regardless it probably doesn't look so great by today's standards, being a 360 title and all.

Reactions: pustal

LostRabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Id really love to see a remake.

Been playing the original waaay back on 360 and loved the idea, the overall feel and most of the gameplay. its not exactly like.. an action game where go can go full guns blazin. mostly running away, dodging and you know.. using your super-duper.. flashlight^^

And since most areas are rather dark and foggy.. and mostly about story anyway, rather than super awesome animations and HD graphics and everything, im not really that much concerned. Depends on your personal expections tho, of course^^

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
PC version, yeah. I'm not sure how well it plays on XB1/XSX, but regardless it probably doesn't look so great by today's standards, being a 360 title and all.

Could use some texture upscaling for higher resolutions. Maybe some rework on characters expressions. But overall I think it aged well. Day sections of the game are packed with detail because they are so limited in area and night sections are covered in darkness which allows and requires focus on the visible areas, much like the original Silent Hill. The best part is the darkness itself that isn't homogeneous at all.

Reactions: mthrnite

CrossOut

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Alan Wake remaster has been confirmed true, https://www.trueachievements.com/n4...es-this-fall-for-xbox-series-x-s-and-xbox-one It is said to launch this autum on Xbox S/X and One. I hope the Music can still remain in the remaster as it was very good. "Alan Wake Remastered will feature all-new rendered 4K visuals, commentary from Sam Lake, and the two DLC expansions, The Signal and The Writer"

Time to collect those coffee themos in 4k all over again and the alarm clocks in the DLC haha. Also the PC version is on the Epic shop so far. No news on if it will come to Steam or GOG. Lets hope it does.

Last edited by CrossOut,
Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: