Retailer leak hints that Alan Wake is getting a remaster set for release this October

adsadsadad.png

Remedy Entertainment has been enjoying the success of Control for quite a while now, while also working on a brand-new first-person shooter, CrossfireX, set for release later this year. However, it seems that they haven't forgotten their past, as their 2010 cult classic, Alan Wake, might be set for a new release this year. Online retailer Rakuten accidentally posted store page links to a PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S release of Alan Wake Remastered, replete with a release date for October 5th, possibly outing the existence of the game. While nothing has been confirmed yet, industry analyst Daniel "ZhugeEX" Ahmad stated that the game would be announced next week. That means we could likely see it shown off at PlayStation's upcoming showcase on the 9th.

:arrow: Source

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why?
No one even remembers this game

Congrats. You win my "WTF?!?!?! Post of the Day" award and it's only 8:16am here. No one has heard of Alan Wake? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So yeah, Anyway. Wondering how much of a remaster it will be. My guess it is will just be another simple upscale "remaster". Amazing game that DOES stand the test of time, but I'm really not interested. A ReMAKE would have my attention much more, but still not as much as an AW2 announcement would.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I loved horror games with an ending. I will keep my eyes on it. Maybe it will be on Nintendo Switch as rumor in 2019. Don't know if its true this time.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Interesting. I loved horror games with an ending. I will keep my eyes on it. Maybe it will be on Nintendo Switch as rumor in 2019. Don't know if its true this time.
Engine in this game had scaling issues.
You couldn't turn off AA. Forcing turning it off resulted in random crashes.
Without big overhaul I don't see this easily ported to Switch. :P

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Had never heard of the retailer but seems they have fingers in several notable pies so guess they might have got the "we are thinking of/will be selling" lists that occasionally get entries added.

Anyway while I would like this generation to not be them pulling on the rereleaseotron handle yet again I think we all know what direction things are going here. Could have been a far worse title as well.

I wonder if it still holds up or it's yet another game that should remain a rosey memory.
Outside of the things made in the first year or so (still can't believe https://gbatemp.net/review/bullet-witch.778/ got a years later PC port) has that really happened for PS360 games like it might have for PS1/N64 through original xbox and PS2? Certainly things sub par at the time are unlikely to have become better now (though I will say I miss mid budget games a lot) but I would hold anything that made a dent back in the PS360 days* will in all probability play nice enough today unlike a lot of PS2 and earlier 3d stuff.

*might have to thrash out some basics like Final Fantasy 13 was not particularly well received outside of some particularly invested types so sales numbers might not exactly reflect what made a dent.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
it will only be worth it if they manage to get back the music rights from the first time around.. it was a really good game

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
It was an interesting game but never got to play it. Back then it was a X-360 exclusive, but hooray for recycled Enhanced, Remastered, Definitive, Re-Make Editions, right?

Last edited by HellGhast,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.