Trophies
XP
Country
Well i currently have:
First gen PAL wii, Version 3.2E
PAL wiikey
Legit NTSC-U SSBB
Downloaded Freeloader

Well SSBB didnt work with my wiikey obviously, so i thought if i tried a downloaded freeloader (now i can run it with my wiikey), that didnt work.
If i buy a legit Freeloader and disable my wiikey, will that work?
or am i better off getting a downloaded/burnt version of SSBB? I do not have a dual layer burner, so if there is anybody that could help me out with this (i live in melbourne, australia), i will gladly pay any expenses (shipping/disc/labour)

thanks guys

Frostex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Freeloader appears to work fine, but then when i insert the SSBB disc it just says "unable to read disc", tried a million diffrent ways of using the freeloader disc, with several diffrent downloads... could it possibly be that i am using cheap discs to burn the backup freeloader onto?

Frostex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
do you mean lowering the variable resistor? hmm.. i was hoping to avoid that. lol i dont have a multi-meter handy, ill have to call dad up:P ill try it tommorow night

Frostex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkCamui said:
Retail SSBB won't work with WiiKey so adjusting the pot won't make it work. Backup SSBB though works with WiiKey.

haha, and there lies the problem with my lack of a DVD DL burner.. so if anybody is will to help me out with that one i will gladly pay you

gamidi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Before you do that, disable the wiikey(cut the ground wire) and try a legit freeloader with your legit retail ssbb disk. If it doesnt read then you really need to lower the resistor. If it works, you just need better dl media. Decreasing the resistor can lower the life of your laser a lot so try everything else before it.

Frostex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok well ive just orderd a legit freeloader, should arrive tommorow (it said same day delivery in melbourne if orderd before 9.30am... cool)

Im just about to disable my wiikey with the 'pulling the plug out during wiikey firmwire update' trick. i havnt heard anything bad about this technique yet, and everybody has said it works fine with the recovery CD.. any objections?

ill post results tommorow night

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Legit and Backup freeloader works EXACTLY the same.

And you should just stop trying.

The WiiKey doesn't detect the legit SSBB disc as an ORGINAL but as an backup. Then it begins pacthing the code and then you get broken code.

KaizokuOu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
superrob said:

The WiiKey doesn't detect the legit SSBB disc as an ORGINAL but as an backup. Then it begins pacthing the code and then you get broken code.

well they work exactly the same. cept the backup wont work if u disable the wiikey. obviously.

Frostex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
superrob said:

soo.. if i was to disable the wiikey, then why would freeloader not work?
Your saying that the wiikey is trying to change the code of legit SSBB, thus making it not work, and backup freeloader has no impact on this because the code is already broken. So if i disable the wiikey, shouldnt the freeloader work?

and "STOP TRYING"!!! ARE YOU MAD!!! THIS IS BRAWL!!!! if this doenst work im just gonna buy a NTSC wii

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
tomqman said:
it sounds like you need to adjust your wii laser pot

Small word of advice: If you don't know exactly what you're talking about, don't say it.

QUOTE(Frostex @ Mar 19 2008, 09:58 AM) Well i currently have:
First gen PAL wii, Version 3.2E
PAL wiikey
Legit NTSC-U SSBB
Downloaded Freeloader

Well SSBB didnt work with my wiikey obviously, so i thought if i tried a downloaded freeloader (now i can run it with my wiikey), that didnt work.
If i buy a legit Freeloader and disable my wiikey, will that work?
or am i better off getting a downloaded/burnt version of SSBB? I do not have a dual layer burner, so if there is anybody that could help me out with this (i live in melbourne, australia), i will gladly pay any expenses (shipping/disc/labour)

thanks guys

You have a few options.

1) Disable the Wiikey, buy a legit freeloader.
2) Keep the Wiikey, use a burnt freeloader and a burnt SSBB
3) Forget the freeloader and use a trucha-patched burnt SSBB

Or, if you're more technically minded, you could convert your Wiikey to OpenWii, but it's not so easy.

Frostex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
You have a few options.

1) Disable the Wiikey, buy a legit freeloader.
2) Keep the Wiikey, use a burnt freeloader and a burnt SSBB
3) Forget the freeloader and use a trucha-patched burnt SSBB

Or, if you're more technically minded, you could convert your Wiikey to OpenWii, but it's not so easy.

gonna try option 1 tonight. Is there anybody who could possibly ship me a burnt SSBB (i dont have a dual layer burner, nor the money for one just yet)? and ill pay you for your troubles?

thanks, thats been the best advice so far:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative