Restoring prodinfo with exosphere

dysphoria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Welp, I fucked up. I blanked prodinfo in sysnand because a bad tutorial, the video said that "it didn't matter what nand you should put a 1". My exosphere.ini file is like this:

blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=1
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1

Of course, both serial numbers in emunand and CFW sysnand is XAW0000000, in OFW is still the actual one. I also set 90DNS and DNS MITM too and haven't connected the console to the internet since first day I hacked the Switch.
The fact is, I already played some mods and overclock in CFW sysnand (I have my reasons and I knew the risks) since 4-5 days ago. It's probable that some logs have been created since then, and I'm convinced I will be banned as soon I connect to the internet. No piracy, no NSP files installed, just overclock and mods with legit carts.

According to another threads, it's kinda dangerous to restore the original prodinfo after using CFW, but the most it still set up the worst could be due to the logs. I wonder if still time to change it, and if I only need to change to 0 on the .ini file or make a full NAND restore.

Anyway, I don't plan to connecting to the internet anymore until it's really necessary, but I just want to at least fix this mistake.

Last edited by dysphoria,

dysphoria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Atmosphere redirect the logs to be inacessible from OFW.
So, the logs from CFW sysnand can't be send if I boot OFW? That's the part I can't clarify, because some people claims that some part of the logs can still send to Nintendo.
And the fact that I already blank prodinfo on CFW sysnand could worst the things.

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So, the logs from CFW sysnand can't be send if I boot OFW? That's the part I can't clarify, because some people claims that some part of the logs can still send to Nintendo.
And the fact that I already blank prodinfo on CFW sysnand could worst the things.
Exactly the log from cfw can't be readed from OFW. I suppose those people are referring to the game logs and the installed nsp tickets and certificates.

dysphoria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Exactly the log from cfw can't be readed from OFW. I suppose those people are referring to the game logs and the installed nsp tickets and certificates.
Kinda, an user told me that game logs didn't involved the serial number, so there could be a possibility that I can't get a banned for it. But at the same time that there are logs that aren't known yet.
I don't have NSP installed so I'm not worried about it and my last error messages are from before I even had a jig. I'm more concerned with the fact that I've been booting CFW sysnand and games with a blanked serial number.
In that case, should I let blank_prodinfo_sysnand in 1 or 0? I'm still planning to use it frequently because the overclock.

Stryd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Kinda, an user told me that game logs didn't involved the serial number, so there could be a possibility that I can't get a banned for it. But at the same time that there are logs that aren't known yet.
I don't have NSP installed so I'm not worried about it and my last error messages are from before I even had a jig. I'm more concerned with the fact that I've been booting CFW sysnand and games with a blanked serial number.
In that case, should I let blank_prodinfo_sysnand in 1 or 0? I'm still planning to use it frequently because the overclock.
If you're planning to play online and connect to ninty servers on your sysnand, having exosphere activated on it will prevent you to do so.

I personally have exosphere on only on emunand.
Don't pirate or do dumb cheating on sysnand online and you'll be fine :)

dysphoria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you're planning to play online and connect to ninty servers on your sysnand, having exosphere activated on it will prevent you to do so.

I personally have exosphere on only on emunand.
Don't pirate or do dumb cheating on sysnand online and you'll be fine :)
Which sysnand do you recommend me to go online? OFW or CFW? Obviously, dissabling any cheat or mod before doing it.

Stryd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Which sysnand do you recommend me to go online? OFW or CFW? Obviously, dissabling any cheat or mod before doing it.
Well, to be as safe as possible, you should use OFW on your sysnand. However, there's a lot of people that use CFW on sysnand and are not banned. There's always a risk, so keep in mind that; as long as you play legitimately and not pirate anything, install .nsps or blatantly hack / cheat online you'll be fine. (ex. save editing).

If you're planning to to the latter, i would suggest check if there's any extra check server side

froggy55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have a question I just Booted my Modified switch Into CFWSYSMMC And use checkpoint to extract a save to transfer to the EMUMMC will this leave any logs that will get me banned

froggy55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF that's all you did, then no.
ok what about dumping game updates and dlc to the sd for the emummc does that leave any logs that could get me banned because i used nx dump to dump some dlc for mario rabbids kingdom battle and an update for tears of the kingdom i also dumped tickets for these as well as tetrris 99 and i also dumped tetris 99 into nsp for the emummc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.