Restoring EmuNAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Samwix, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Samwix
    OP

Samwix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    Hi,

I am going to install a custom theme on my EmuNAND and I'll make a backup of it.
    I'd like to know if my EmuNAND gets bricked, will I have my games and saves after restoration (my SysNAND and EmuNAND are unlinked)?

Thanks!

2. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    yeah your saves should be fine

if you're playing .3DS / CIA games then they're stored on the SD card anyway, not the NAND

and if you're playing retail carts then the saves are on the carts

Samwix likes this.
  3. Samwix
    OP

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    thanks for the answer but my games are only available on my EmuNAND since I've unlinked the 2 NANDS, so if I reformat EmuNAND (by using GW Menu), my games will be available?
    Or I just have to restore the emuNAND with Emunand tool without performing FORMAT EMUNAND?

4. Spzjulien

Spzjulien GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2012
    France
    if you format with GW, it will relink sysnand and emunand ....

5. Samwix
    OP

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    So I only have to restore EmuNAND with EmuNAND Tool (without formating emunand) and I will have all my games and saves?

6. Samwix
    OP

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    So if my EmuNAND is bricked, do I have to perform a FORMAT EMUNAND or I only have to restore my backup with EmuNAND Tool?

7. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    Don't double-post, but yeah you just need to use EmuNAND tool. Don't use GW's 'Format Emunand' option

Preferably copy the SD card contents to a folder, restore EmuNAND, then copy them back as an extra security measure

Samwix likes this.