1. lolorlofl

OP lolorlofl Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hey, I have a Wii U here that's in a very strange state. To elaborate, I was told when it was given to me that the "child was being a bad boy" so she pulled the power out of the wall. Apparently the system was "downloading something" at that time. What happens when I try to turn it on is that it goes straight to the Delete Content screen. It would be fine if I could just delete all the content, however the Gamepad is no longer sync'd to the console and I can't do anything without it. It seems that I can't sync it either because the sync button on the console doesn't do anything. On top of that, if I wait a little bit, the system tries to do something that ends up crashing itself. I don't know what, all I can say is that the screen tries to fade to another menu or something but stops part way through and the music stops.

I figure I would need to restore a NAND, which is something I'm willing to try since this console is borked anyway. However, I don't have a NAND backup for this particular console and even if I got it through hardmodding, I wouldn't want to use it in its current state for obvious reasons. So I'm wondering if it's possible to restore another console's NAND to this one. I was looking at this guide and it says in the FAQ that it's not possible. The guide is almost 5 years old though, has there been any advancements in this area or is this console dead?

2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex Eduard Pinguingummihals!

Germany
    You're screwed. Another unit down. Fyi, you can't restore a nand backup from another console. Doesn't matter which console it is. Backups contain console specific keys.

3. lolorlofl

OP lolorlofl Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Oh well, maybe something will happen with these SDK leaks going around

4. NintnedoGuyin66
    This message by NintnedoGuyin66 has been removed from public view by VinsCool, Jun 18, 2020, Reason: Cleanup.
    May 8, 2020 Show
  5. GaryOderNichts
    This message by GaryOderNichts has been removed from public view by VinsCool, Jun 18, 2020, Reason: Cleanup.
    Jun 18, 2020 Show
  6. NintnedoGuyin66
    This message by NintnedoGuyin66 has been removed from public view by VinsCool, Jun 18, 2020, Reason: Cleanup.
    Jun 18, 2020 Show
  7. NintnedoGuyin66
    Jun 18, 2020 Show
  8. GaryOderNichts
    This message by GaryOderNichts has been removed from public view by VinsCool, Jun 18, 2020, Reason: Cleanup.
    Jun 18, 2020 Show
  9. NintnedoGuyin66
    Jun 18, 2020 Show
  10. AmandaRose
    This message by AmandaRose has been removed from public view by VinsCool, Jun 18, 2020, Reason: Cleanup.
    Jun 18, 2020 Show
  11. GaryOderNichts
    Jun 18, 2020 Show
  12. NintnedoGuyin66

NintnedoGuyin66 Wii u/vWii fix issue Expert

United Kingdom
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-kaflukes-hardmod-cbhc-unbrick-guide.476725/

Last edited by NintnedoGuyin66, Jun 18, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Restoring, consoles, another