Hacking Question Restored wrong NAND to my switch.. I need advice

shogun12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
So, my switch was running 8.1.0. After doing some cfw stuff, I had to restore my nand, but i forgot that the backup I had was on 8.0.1. Now, every time I power on the switch, I just get blackscreen, no logo or anything (autoRCM is off). Only when I use hekate, I am able to boot into ofw (which says that im now running 8.0.1). If I choose to go online now, will Nintendo ban me? Is there anyway I can get my switch back to 8.1.0 while also avoid getting banned?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, my switch was running 8.1.0. After doing some cfw stuff, I had to restore my nand, but i forgot that the backup I had was on 8.0.1. Now, every time I power on the switch, I just get blackscreen, no logo or anything (autoRCM is off). Only when I use hekate, I am able to boot into ofw (which says that im now running 8.0.1). If I choose to go online now, will Nintendo ban me? Is there anyway I can get my switch back to 8.1.0 while also avoid getting banned?
Your Switch isn't booting properly because you have a fuse mismatch (more fuses are burnt than 8.0.1 expects). To fix the fuse mismatch, you must update to 8.1.0. Assuming the 8.0.1 NAND backup was clean, it should be safe for you to go online with your 8.0.1 Switch and update normally.

If the 8.0.1 NAND backup was not clean, then you should keep your Switch offline, and you should update to 8.1.0 using ChoiDujourNX instead.

Reactions: mathew77

shogun12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Your Switch isn't booting properly because you have a fuse mismatch (more fuses are burnt than 8.0.1 expects). To fix the fuse mismatch, you must update to 8.1.0. Assuming the 8.0.1 NAND backup was clean, it should be safe for you to go online with your 8.0.1 Switch and update normally.

If the 8.0.1 NAND backup was not clean, then you should keep your Switch offline, and you should update to 8.1.0 using ChoiDujourNX instead.

Thanks for helping me. My 8.0.1 NAND backup is clean, but will Nintendo pick up that I tried to update to 8.1.0 twice and then ban me?

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Highly unlikely. Either way, you need to update in order to go online.

Nothing to loose, anyway.

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for helping me. My 8.0.1 NAND backup is clean, but will Nintendo pick up that I tried to update to 8.1.0 twice and then ban me?
Nobody has been banned for it before, but it's your risk to take. It has to be updated to 8.1.0 if you want to play online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill