Hacking Restored emuMMC backup on sysMMC without realizing

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that doesn't make sense to me, what if you go offline for sometime, then reset your system and updated using a game cartridge? nintendo can't just ban ppl if they updated their firmware offline right?

Anyway, you can always do a system wipe with tegra explorer. That should remove bannable traces like backup nsps, custom profile pictures and etc..

Well, there is not a single cartridge that has 14.0.0 on it yet because it's not required by any games. I don't even think there are any games that REQUIRE 13.1.0 or 13.2.0 either, so technically you couldn't have gotten the current update offline.

I do not think it would result in a ban anyways, because like you said there is a mechanism built in to update while offline via the cartridge and there is no way they are temporarily hard coding in version numbers for which there are no games with cartridge updates and then removing them where there is. Even if there was no mechanism to update offline via the cartridge, I still very much doubt updating with Daybreak and going online with a newer FW than you were last online with would result in a ban.

People give Nintendo way too much credit for what they may possibly be looking for, yet they can't even detect a custom firmware. Every single one of their consoles since the Gamecube has had a softmod done on them faster than any other console of the same generation.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that doesn't make sense to me, what if you go offline for sometime, then reset your system and updated using a game cartridge? nintendo can't just ban ppl if they updated their firmware offline right?

Anyway, you can always do a system wipe with tegra explorer. That should remove bannable traces like backup nsps, custom profile pictures and etc..

It simply has to do with logs on server end, if you go online and it doesn't match what you were previously online then you get flagged for a ban

https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosph...features-announced.513629/page-7#post-8192303

post #126 is a good example

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It simply has to do with logs on server end, if you go online and it doesn't match what you were previously online then you get flagged for a ban

https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosph...features-announced.513629/page-7#post-8192303

You all really think Nintendo logs absolutely everything. I heard they also log how many poops you take each day and if it's too high they may ban you 3 years from now. Almost the entirety of HOS has been reverse engineered, we know pretty much what they log on the console.

There is not a single customer support rep at Nintendo that can look up and tell you the actual reason you were banned. Anything they tell you is guessing or a canned response they are told to give.

Last edited by AdmiralSpeedy,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You all really think Nintendo logs absolutely everything. I heard they also log how many poops you take each day and if it's too high they may ban you 3 years from now. The entirety of HOS has been reverse engineered, we know what they log on the console.

There is not a single customer support rep at Nintendo that can look up and tell you the actual reason you were banned. Anything they tell you is guessing or a canned response they are told to give.

Of course they log stuffs then how they can tell if someone legally bought a game or not, they check if the ticket of a game is legit or not, that what general get people ban in the first place, updating via homebrew has moderate chance of a ban, not saying it is 100% proof, What OP can do is just update via Nintendo server if he isn't ban already, that probably would avoid him a ban really.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So, does this mean switch has an internal logging service that keeps a record of everything since you booted up for the first time, and the log file is uploaded to nintendo server every time you connect it online? well in that case i don't know then, sounds like op's doomed.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
You all really think Nintendo logs absolutely everything. I heard they also log how many poops you take each day and if it's too high they may ban you 3 years from now. The entirety of HOS has been reverse engineered, we know what they log on the console.

Really?
Can you list everything they log then?
Edit: or at least point to a source that has everything they log listed.

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course they log stuffs then how they can tell if someone legally bought a game or not, they check if the ticket of a game is legit or not, that what general get people ban in the first place, updating via homebrew has moderate chance of a ban, not saying it is 100% proof, What OP can do is just update via Nintendo server if he isn't ban already, that probably would avoid him a ban really.

The way they tell if you own a game or not is by checking the ticket database on your console and comparing the ticket for the game to the one linked to your Nintendo account. If you don't have one or it doesn't match the one you do have, you get banned.

I also didn't say they don't log anything. I said we mostly know what they log because the most of the log system has been reverse engineered by SciresM with AMS...

Last edited by AdmiralSpeedy,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, does this mean switch has an internal logging service that keeps a record of everything since you booted up for the first time, and the log file is uploaded to nintendo server every time you connect it online? well in that case i don't know then, sounds like op's doomed.

Speculation they do , atleast how they detect if someone legally bought a game or not, they changed the way of how they detect a ticket is legal or not. That did cause some problem with the 3ds scenes with how tickets was being handled, that why freeshop was dead.

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It logs various things and some of it is sent to Nintendo, yes. They do not log every thing that happens on the console and its almost exclusively error logs that they take (but you can go look through the Atmosphere code to learn more if you want).

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
It logs various things and some of it is sent to Nintendo, yes. They do not log every thing that happens on the console and its almost exclusively error logs that they take (but you can go look through the Atmosphere code to learn more if you want).
the reason I ask this is because the community here (gbatemp) has not seen a concise list of what is definitintly logged and what is not, outside of of obvious stuff like, installing a game you don't own, or using installed applications that are homebrew. The rest to the community has been left to speculation.

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really?
Can you list everything they log then?
Edit: or at least point to a source that has everything they log listed.

the reason I ask this is because the community here (gbatemp) has not seen a concise list of what is definitintly logged and what is not, outside of of obvious stuff like, installing a game you don't own, or using installed applications that are homebrew. The rest to the community has been left to speculation.

Because there isn't a concise list. You'd have to go through the AMS code and even then not every log is handled by AMS but I can assure you that Nintendo is not logging every single thing you do on your console.

If they were people would be instabanned for even booting Atmosphere connected to the internet.

Reactions: Takokeshi

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
Because there isn't a concise list. You'd have to go through the AMS code and even then not every log is handled by AMS but I can assure you that Nintendo is not logging every single thing you do on your console.
Of course they don't log everything, but... the fact that your just saying "well look at the atmosphere code" is informing me that no your not a reliable source on specifics. Saying it "logs various things" does not help put the community at ease. Error codes/crashes, and what games you launch(title code/id) of course get reported. (along with obvious cheating)
However let's take a save manager for example. That's in a very large grey area on the restoring part, the community here is unsure if that is logged, or specifically stuff around the save file. Date time of last played, activity log time etc.

Some say it is, some don't. Specifically a unedited save

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,
Reactions: Takokeshi

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's a good point, that being said if you show up with a downgraded firmware that's a pretty big red flag.

That's a good way to get flagged, if you suddenly don't have logs anymore that Nintendo had already recorded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool