Hacking Restore Wii to Factory 4.2?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nedthehead
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,921
  • Replies Replies 2

nedthehead

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
64
Country
Canada
Here's my issue: I've ran SO many hacks and patches and whatnot on my Wii (Currently on CIOSCorp 3.4) that I'm completely lost, and my Wii is starting to bug out a bit. So, I want to restore the Wii to a fresh 4.2. I'm just not sure how to wipe everything and get on to 4.2 from where I am now.
Then, I can use Bannerbomb v2 to install the HBC again, and I need a way to run discs from the disc channel...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
 
You can't completely virginise your wii, but by far the best way to update is with ModMii. Just select your Wii as virgin.

The Wii already plays discs from disc channel
rolleyes.gif


If you mean backup discs, then cioscorp or darkcorp it must be. Much better to use neogamma or bette still a usbloader.
 
So... after some more research. here's my plan:

ModMii to go to 4.2
Bannerbomb v2
darkcorp

Is this good enough? I just want to have my bases covered before I get started
 

Site & Scene News