RESTORE SAVE ON REDOWNLOADED TITLE

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by jschmitdinger, Jan 8, 2017.

1. jschmitdinger
    OP

jschmitdinger Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2016
    Brazil
    So I had Pokemon Sun running and eventually had to format my SD card and redownload the tittle. I still have the main file from my last game and wanted to import this save to my redownloaded title. I tried simply starting a new game and importing the main with svdt but then the game loaded up and said the save was corrupted.

So, can I do it? I really don't want to beat this stupid story line again. Anyway, here's what I have on my 3DS:
    - SysNAND on 11.2 with A9LH;
    - Legit copy of Pokemon Sun redownloaded from the legit eShop;
    - Luma3DS;
    - Homebrew access;
    - JKSV;
    - svdt.

2. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Sdvt is veeeeery buggy, and has gotten me mixed results. If you had cfw, you could have used jksm, which has never given me issues with the cia build. I think your save is corrupt forever.

MajinCubyan likes this.
  3. jschmitdinger
    OP

jschmitdinger Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2016
    Brazil
    I do have CFW running (Luma3DS) and JKSM.. so you're telling me that doing the same thing with JKSM would work?

4. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Restore your save again through svdt and delete the 'secure value' or, alternatively, use JKSV (either as .cia or .3dsx) to restore your save file, as I believe it deletes the secure value automatically.

I have never had any issues with svdt (or the .3dsx of JKSV), I would not classify it as being buggy in any way whatsoever.

Last edited by Xiphiidae, Jan 8, 2017
  5. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    I guess we jave different experiences, as many times i'ver restored my svdt save to have it corrupted even after multiple attempts. Also i wasnt implying the 3dsx version of jksv was bad or buggy, i just never used it to give an opinion.

6. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    You probably just didn't delete the secure value on those attempts.

Giodude likes this.
  7. jschmitdinger
    OP

jschmitdinger Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2016
    Brazil
    Made sense, worked! Started a new save on Pokemon Sun, exported with JKSM, plugged SD into computer and swapped the exported save with the old game save and then finally imported this save with JKSM. Thanks!!