Can't beliefe that this are the graphics!so gooooood
biggrin.gif

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O DAYUM!

Looks interesting. Graphics look really great too. 3DS is gonna be capable of a lot.

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow! I'm really looking forward to this game (although I'm looking forward to the 3DS in general).
But what is it with GBATemp TV? Every single video you've uploaded has been squashed from 16:9 to 4:3. Does the player not support adding black bars to the top and bottom, or just being a different shape? Or is it just that no one has noticed that all the videos are wrong? Sorry about the rant.

ultimatex said:
thats not a video, its real time render by the 3ds.
According to IGN it was just a video, because they couldn't change the camera angle, all they could do was zoom in and slide the image about. But I wouldn't be surprised if the final game looked this good (but I would be very happy).

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
Freudian Lemur said:
Wow! I'm really looking forward to this game (although I'm looking forward to the 3DS in general).
But what is it with GBATemp TV? Every single video you've uploaded has been squashed from 16:9 to 4:3. Does the player not support adding black bars to the top and bottom, or just being a different shape? Or is it just that no one has noticed that all the videos are wrong? Sorry about the rant.

ultimatex said:
According to IGN it was just a video, because they couldn't change the camera angle, all they could do was zoom in and slide the image about. But I wouldn't be surprised if the final game looked this good (but I would be very happy).

Wasn't that the same situation with Metal Gear Solid? Despite being just a tech-demo, those graphics are actually rendered in real-time. So even if this is a cutscene, it's not pre-rendered (from what I can see, personally).

Regardless, this looks amazing!
biggrin.gif

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KinGamer7 said:
Freudian Lemur said:

ultimatex said:

Wasn't that the same situation with Metal Gear Solid? Despite being just a tech-demo, those graphics are actually rendered in real-time. So even if this is a cutscene, it's not pre-rendered (from what I can see, personally).

biggrin.gif
(Edited for accuracy)
In the MGS one you could change the camera angle (proving it was being rendered in real time). According to IGN with this it's just zooming and sliding (proving the opposite). But other reports have apparently said you can change the camera angle, so It might be real time!
But yeah, it does look amazing, and I want!

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
Freudian Lemur said:
KinGamer7 said:
Freudian Lemur said:

ultimatex said:

biggrin.gif
No, in the MGS one you could change the camera angle (proving it was being rendered in real time). With this it's just zooming and sliding (proving the opposite).

True, I see your point. I was thinking back to games like Resident Evil 4 and 5, where the graphics remained identical throughout the entire game (no differences between the cutscenes' and actual gameplay graphics).

I wonder if this will support 2 player co-op online? Chris and Jill don't exactly sound friendly in the clip..
tongue.gif

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KinGamer7 said:
I wonder if this will support 2 player co-op online? Chris and Jill don't exactly sound friendly in the clip..
tongue.gif
That would be pretty cool. I'm curious as to what they've fallen out about. Chris probably said it did make her butt look big, just as a joke, and it escalated from there...

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KinGamer7 said:
Freudian Lemur said:
KinGamer7 said:
Freudian Lemur said:

ultimatex said:

biggrin.gif
No, in the MGS one you could change the camera angle (proving it was being rendered in real time). With this it's just zooming and sliding (proving the opposite).

True, I see your point. I was thinking back to games like Resident Evil 4 and 5, where the graphics remained identical throughout the entire game (no differences between the cutscenes' and actual gameplay graphics).

tongue.gif

omg, I'd love this game forever. Even local multiplayer would be great.

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
Freudian Lemur said:
KinGamer7 said:
tongue.gif
That would be pretty cool. I'm curious as to what they've fallen out about. Chris probably said it did make her butt look big, just as a joke, and it escalated from there...

He should try making her a Jill sandwich to make amends.
wink.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KinGamer7 said:
Freudian Lemur said:
KinGamer7 said:
tongue.gif

He should try making her a Jill sandwich to make amends.
wink.gif
Barry did in fact say the darnedest things.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IGN is not to be trusted, i wish people would learn that by now. They're the same people who said the DSi would have two touch screens. And that the 3DS would have PS3 graphical fidelity. This game, though superior to anything seen on last gen consoles, is not quite up there with PS3. There is noticeable blocky character models, jaggies, and some lower quality textures at times. It looks absolutely amazing how it is, but had this been a video, they would have used true CGI quality graphics like the ones in the PS3 Resident Evil games.

Other sources who tried the demo have confirmed that it was ingame and that you did have full camera control, at least enough to tilt the character models around and show that it's being rendered in real time using the 3DS hardware. IGN is known by now to print false information. I've grown quite disgusted with them lately.

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
granville said:
IGN is not to be trusted, i wish people would learn that by now. They're the same people who said the DSi would have two touch screens. And that the 3DS would have PS3 graphical fidelity. This game, though superior to anything seen on last gen consoles, is not quite up there with PS3. There is noticeable blocky character models, jaggies, and some lower quality textures at times. It looks absolutely amazing how it is, but had this been a video, they would have used true CGI quality graphics like the ones in the PS3 Resident Evil games.

Other sources who tried the demo have confirmed that it was ingame and that you did have full camera control, at least enough to tilt the character models around and show that it's being rendered in real time using the 3DS hardware. IGN is known by now to print false information. I've grown quite disgusted with them lately.
Well, I disagree with the bit I bolded. I've seen many pre-renders of games where they don't make it look as good as possible, they just make it look pretty good for whatever console it's for.
But yes, I agree IGN is not always accurate, but I don't see why they'd deliberately lie about this (the author must have just been stupid). Anyway, if others have reported you can change the camera angle, then I'm sold! This is an amazing looking demo!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The camera control may not give you EVERY angle of the graphics, but all other sources but IGN have claimed that it is indeed being rendered real time using the ingame engine. You'd be able to tell even with a bit of control, due to the models rotating around as you controlled it from the analog stick. Of course, you can remain skeptical if you like, i just never believe anything IGN says. Basically everyone else is reporting that it's not a video. They've posted too much false news lately to be trusted IMO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-