Hacking Resident Evil Director's Cut eboot

Jonny3888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. So I am fairly new the the Vita hacking scene. I was into the PSP hacking scene from pretty much day one, and decided to upgrade to the vita.

Currently running into an issue running Resident Evil Director's Cut. I am trying to run the eboot that I created from a direct rip of the disk (NTSC) that I own, the same eboot that used to run perfectly on my CFW PSP. I have not been able to get it to run on Adrenaline (6.61 fix), though I have been reading that eboots do not run well on Adrenaline. So I am trying to get it to run on Retroarch, but I keep getting the error:

(C2-12828-1) saved core file succeeded. ux0:data/psp2core-1523115528-0x0000063553-pcsx_rearmed_libretro.self.psp2dmp.

I am able to run every other PSX game I have tried so far on Retroarch, I just cant seem to figure this one out.

Any thoughts?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Not entirely sure where you read that eboots don't run well in Adrenaline, cuz they totally do just fine. There are 3 or 4 problem games (which aren't well played anyways), and the PSTV has input lag issues (though that's related to custom filters) but that's it.

As to your issue with Adrenaline, is your eboot compressed or uncompressed? If uncompressed, that's your problem.

If compressed, try transferring the dump again. It sounds like the eboot you transferred to the Vita is corrupted, which is why it won't run on anything.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eboots work just like they do on the PSP in adrenaline. The only problem you might have is due to using any filters other than original on non PSP games.

Jonny3888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eboots work just like they do on the PSP in adrenaline. The only problem you might have is due to using any filters other than original on non PSP games.
I changed the filter back to original and still won't load in Adrenaline. In fact, I haven't been able to get any PS1 games to run on Adrenaline. I just use Retroarch instead. Only Resident Evil DC doesn't run in Retroarch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not entirely sure where you read that eboots don't run well in Adrenaline, cuz they totally do just fine. There are 3 or 4 problem games (which aren't well played anyways), and the PSTV has input lag issues (though that's related to custom filters) but that's it.

As to your issue with Adrenaline, is your eboot compressed or uncompressed? If uncompressed, that's your problem.

If compressed, try transferring the dump again. It sounds like the eboot you transferred to the Vita is corrupted, which is why it won't run on anything.

Yeah I recall reading in a few posts that Eboots didn't run in Adrenaline. May have been old posts referring to older versions. When you say compressed, do you just mean zipped? Or do I need to repackage the eboot with a certain app, with a certain compression applied? My current Eboot is the exact one I pulled from my PSP. Just the folder, with the eboot and the bin files.

UPDATE: so I ended up just downloading a new version, and the new version worked in Adrenaline. So I am still curious about compressed versions of the eboots. It has been awhile since I have created eboots from ISOs, but do I just repackage them with UMDGEN (I think that's the program I used to use..) and ensure that compression settings are set in a certain way?

EDIT: Nevermind, its psx2psp, I should be good to go now. Thanks for your comments!

Last edited by Jonny3888,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.