Hacking Resetting back to the loader

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone happen to know if any of the loaders have the ability to do this? Instead of resetting back to the Wii menu?

Thanks

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, unfortunately that didn't work.

I added return_to_loader=???? into my config file. And replaced ???? with my forwarder id. I started up Config, started a game, hit Home then Reset, and it went straight back to the Wii menu.

Which config file are you talking about? The one found in sd:usb-loader/config.txt?

Thanks.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes in :usbloader/config.txt

only thing i can think of is you've typed it wrong, you've got the wrong ID
or the game you tried doesn't work with this command, I know certain ones don't

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I typed it was:

return_to_loader=DFCL

I also tried it as:

return_to_loader = DFCL

With a space before and after the parenthesis. Is there supposed to be no spaces? And both without a # in front of it. And I got the forwarder from this thread. I got a new forwarder because I didn't know the id for my usual one, and the id is printed right on that page for the Config forwarder.

I have only tried it with DKCR though. So I'll give it a shot with other games.

Thanks.

EDIT: Nah, I tried it with other games too. Would having priiloader installed be making any effect with this?

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate the suggestion Pip, but unfortunately that didn't work either.

Have you gotten this to work? If so, would you mind copying/pasting here the code your using? Maybe I'm typing mine wrong, or something.

Thanks.

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Wii restarts from boot every time u choose "return to Wii Menu" from game. There is no way to redirect it to any loader.

The only way to achieve this is to use priiloader which will launch your favorite loader instead on SM or HBC.

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally success! If you hit Home>Reset then you will go back to the Wii menu. But if you hit Home>Wii Menu then you will back taken right back to the cfg loader.

Thank you so much vpd and OncleJulien for your help. It is really, really, appreciated. Just like sorgelig I was also beginning to think this was not possible.

Thanks again guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1