[Request] ZDoom on 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Billy Acuña, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Billy Acuña
    OP

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    I know that there is alreally a PRBoom port on the 3DS and the easiest engine to port on any platform, but the question is...
    Is possible to port ZDoom on the 3DS?

mironicurse likes this.
  2. elhobbs

elhobbs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
    yes, it is possible... next question

SLiV3R likes this.
  3. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I've got PRBoom on both my 3DS systems. Problem is, it has a disconcerting habit of crashing in the second stage, even on my New 3DS which has double the cores and RAM. Not that I'm a HUGE fan of that kind of game, but the Game Boy Advance version of DOOM is too damn scaled down for me to play it for more than ten minutes.

astronautlevel likes this.
  4. Ripper00420

Ripper00420 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 5, 2013
    United States
    The latest CIA Prboom works great no crashes and runs great on my N3DS.

5. Gocario

Gocario GBAFail'd

Sep 5, 2015
    France
    Bourg Palette
    Vappy likes this.
  6. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Never had a crash on PrBoom on my Orig 3ds and i have completed doom and doom 2 several times

7. ArugulaZ

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Always crashes for me. Then again, I'm using the version of the game that came with the starter pack, and not the CIA.

No matter. I installed Doom on my PSP, and I really don't think the game is for me. I found myself getting lost about four stages in when the level designs got long and labyrinthine.

8. elhobbs

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
    The version from the "starter pack"? That's odd - didn't know it was in a starter pack. Where did you get it from?

9. ArugulaZ

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I thought that's where it came from! Either that or I downloaded it subconsciously, which would be weird as I'm not a huge DOOM fan.

10. teegeeack

teegeeack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2016
    United States
    smealum's compilation of homebrew apps that plailect recommends on the first step of his a9lh guide includes a few useful apps, a few obsolete hax, and a couple of random things including prboom. if you follow plailect's guide precisely, you end up with a 3dsx version of prboom in the homebrew launcher. it can be easily deleted from the sd card if you don't want it, of course, so it's no big deal.

Last edited by teegeeack, Mar 23, 2016
  11. elhobbs

Jul 28, 2008
    United States
    This like this tend to have old/outdated versions bundled together. Not sure if this is the case here - but I tend to avoid them for that reason.